Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Keeping fingers crossed that the international break does not produce more injury.Now with time elapsed I can look at the last two games a bit more calmly.I am still totally dogged off with Romero who has probably cost us at least 4 points.The injuries to Maddison and Van were just unlucky but we still seem to be so aggressive in midfield as now Bissouma is suspended.Is this a result of Ange wanting us to play high and win the ball back.I will lose some of the kudos I have given Ange if he carries on with Dier.Give Phillips a go he can’t be worse than Dier and at least he can run.Dier always gives the ball away just when you don’t need to as against wolves and it usually puts us in trouble.If we beat Villa I will be amazed and will give Ange his kudos back

2. voiceofreason Active Member

I think Bissouma is as you say the determination to win the ball back. I think it’s something we have to live with. If we had a good enough rotation it would be ok. I think we are going to find out that Madders comes back earlier than expected, sorry replace think with hope!
    Will be good to see how Bentacur does with a start against Villa
    Even with our full strength game, I think Villa are turning into a good team and will give most people a run for their money. I’d take a draw!

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Now we have Sarr and Phillips injured.Team selection to day massive gamble.Win and post is a hero lose heavily and questions are asked

4. voiceofreason Active Member

Royal instead of Dier- presume that’s because of his pace, but I’m worried!
    Taking Hojbjerg out shows he really is all about attacking football. Brave move, this could be a 4-3 game!

5. voiceofreason Active Member

Have I read that right. 2 gk on bench?!

6. voiceofreason Active Member

Half time. Bentacur immense and then injured FFS!
    At least it was right knee and it’s his left that had the operation. Lo celso and Gil playing well. Worried about defence obviously, don’t look good at all

could have been 6-2

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

How is it that Villa still have 11men still on pitch.If it was us we would have had at least one off.Worried that Villa now just hit long balls into our box as we can’t defend them.We really should have been at least 2 up so many wasted chances

8. voiceofreason Active Member

How many chances did we have, that could have been a complete massacre. Bissouma back next week, hope Bentacur vis ok. Can’t see royal davis or Dier coping with Haaland

think we need to accept that we will be down a few places before we are back up to strength

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but if this continues all the promise to start the season will be eradicated.Plenty of promise but no cutting edge.Hope Betancour is not to bad as he was best player on pitch while it lasted.We really will get hammered by city next week.II have always said against most of this website that Romero would cost us and he surely would help the back four more than Emmerson who is not a centre back.I am so frustrated by Kulu who never makes the right choice and is so one footed.At least Sarr and Bissouma Are back next week.I would keep le celso and leave out Kulu and switch Johnston to the right.After that pray

10. voiceofreason Active Member

Difficult about kulu, yea agree he is 1 footed but he does seem to get hold of the ball often and has a hell of an engine! He looks like he is running in mud with the ball but usually keeps hold of it- a bit like Kane!
    However I do really like Locelso. Thought he did well today, took on the Maddison role. When all are fit we have a great midfield that’s for sure

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I dont care that he has a great engine I want goals and assists from him and don’t forget the sitter he put against the post.Postelogou now finding out that this is not Scotland where you can miss chances but still have too much for the rest of the league.Why was le celso taken off for when we needed a goal and be replaced by the Donkey

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know we have had bad luck with injuries and our squad is depleted but todays team had 9 full internationals and 2 under23 internationals in it so maybe we should expect more than 45 minutes and a bit more tactical nous I am afraid we won’t create with Skipp and Hojbjerg in the midfield

13. voiceofreason Active Member

you can’t have it both ways. Either the players outside the first 11 aren’t good enough , the squad is too weak.. or the second 11 have all these internationals so should be good enough. Choose one!

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Apart from centre back the replacements should have been good enough but lack confidence.the front 3 were normal the midfield that started had Le celso and Betancour who played for their countries last week and both full backs were first choice but the lack of knowing how to defend is costing us big time along with the wasteful front 3 who are first choice.We miss Maddison but Betancour is a good replacement.So I am not choosing unless it’s the 2 centre half’s.Newcastle have a lot of injuries but clobbered Chelsea.I do agree that Dier Skipp and Hojbjerg are not good enough but the did not start.Replace Davies and Emmerson with Romero and Van and we win game comfortably

Last edited: November 26, 2023
  15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Why isn't he coaching them better?

He needs to find a way ......

3 losses on the bounce, soon to be 4 and who knows West Ham & Newcastle after that.

As I said before everyone got overly excited about a new manager bounce and shot their bolt again.

Nothing has changed, 1 or 2 injuries exposes this shite squad.
    Can't hit a barn door and chocolate fire guard championship level defence.

All the "mates" in the world don't gloss over that unless you're utterly deluded.

Nuno Jose Conte wouldn't get away with losing 3 on the bounce without serious criticism.

The tactics are totally naive and we're becoming the Australian Bielsas Leeds.

16. voiceofreason Active Member

They wouldn’t get away with it unless they had previously started the best since the double winning year and then been decimated with injuries.

Cometh the loss, cometh the Felon!

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Oh we have short memories we're on exactly the same points now as we were at this point last season.
    But don't let facts get in the way aye.
    Not sure what upsets you more me not not posting or when I come here to tell you told you so or point out you're happy clappy hypocrisy.
    Either way I'm here for it.

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I wonder how much credit will be in bank if we go gung-ho against City and get hammered.i would back our first eleven to hold their own against any team but 3 injuries and we are back to last year.Injuries are part of football and other teams adjust to this.
    Sometimes you have to swallow your principles.

19. Guesty Guest

unfortunately our back up CBs just aren't up to it

Emerson just ball watches.
    Watkins had time and space. schoolboy defending

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Yes. Short memories. Go back to last year and look at my comments saying we were doing well, had one of our best starts to the season Hmmm the consistency here is that whatever happens, good start, bad start , defensive play, attacking play , you just wait for bad results to start throwing your toys and slating the club. As I have said before that is not what a “supporter” does, at least not a supporter of this club!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button