Warning for Pochettino

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 22, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Teams are made up of different atributes you have workers that compliment skill etc 1 thing is for certain the very little forward running from our midfield is a major factor of us having such a poor goal return. Often our play is way too rigid because the movement is so poor no one makes positive forward runs

2. Spurporter Guest

It seems that LVG was the only strategy that all were in agreement with at THFC. The leak of Sherwood not being retained was made deliberately and it was intended for Dutchman. It brought the Spurs ship out of control and damaged our chance to finish higher then we did. Now they do not seem to have a solid concurrence on how to proceed. We need to wait for Real to lose, I guess. COYS is applicable very much at the moment.

3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I agree that teams are made up of different players but why are we talking about how the team plays? You nor I know how we will play under the new manager so talking about how we played last season is irrelevant surely?
    We don't even know who the new manager is! What I am saying about Delph is that there is absolutely nothing that suggests he is any better than what we have. If Dembele is played as a box to box player then he is brilliant. Same with Paulinho. I just don't see why Delph isa valid purchase.

4. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

You know, Youtube CAN be an effective tool to scout a player PROVIDING that you know what you are looking for, with regards to attributes/qualities you wish to implement within a team. Granted, match highlights are better than an individual compilation, but both CAN prove insightful.

Now as far as Delph goes, I did my homework on him over the course of the last two seasons. And I agree that he is NOT the BEST technically, but he is CERTAINLY no slouch in that respect, and is improving all the time.

Anyway I took the liberty of finding a video that might help highlight EXACTLY why I think Delph, on current form, can play for ANYONE in the country. And why Spurs in particular could IMPROVE by having someone of his skill-set in the squad/team.

5. Mattj78

Good video and I do think he is an okay player but I still think the likes of Dembele and holtby together will be good for us if the new manager plays them correctly. I just do not think Delph can add anything more to us, but I can see why you like him.

6. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

Spurporter- If that truly is the case, my friend, it beggars belief.... I must say though, that I have faith that Levy has something BOILING away in the ol' melting pot, as we speak. I just wish it was CLEAR what that something was.

If reports are correct that Spurs are waiting on Anch, then I assume it is because they have been given some encouragement to do so by people connected to the Italian. Personally, though I would prefer we just hired Poch, and had this whole situation resolved so we can begin to look forward with a degree of certainty.

7. Mattj78

Stand by your beds but....I agree. It needs sorting and soon.

8. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

Matt- I think I've just fallen in love with the guy over the past 24 months. He reminds me of an English version of Dembele with an ULTRA-COMBATIVE attitude. I mean we all Mousa is no shrinking violet when it comes to throwing his weight around. But Delph looks like a player that TRULY relishes being in the thick of battle. Align that with his technical and physical qualities and you have the COMPLETE box-to box midfielder. Now I am NOT saying that Delph's game is 'COMPLETE' by any stretch of the imagination, but what I AM saying is that he has the POTENTIAL to be.

And that, my friend, will worth £20m+ in the future. He has DL signing written all over him and the fact his contract is coming to an end means that he will be relatively cheap. I wouldn't exchange him for Dembele. And I would be reluctant to do so with Holtby. That is why I am suggesting we use our 'partnership' with Real, get them to sign Paulinho for and perhaps even through in Morata for good will, too. What is that? £15m + Morata= £22m-25m.

With that money we recoup, we then board the next plane to the Midlands and ram about £12m of it down the throat of the tight fisted Villa Chairman.

You see, everyone is a winner (apart from the Villa fans, but lets be honest, who cares about that).

• Madrid- Get a Brazilian International.

• Paulinho- Goes to Madrid to link up with Bale. A player who he was told he would play with at Spurs.

• Spurs- Make a profit on a player who has been a HUGE disappointment.

• WHL faithful- Get a PROPER box-to-box player who is ONLY going to get better. A young Englishman who will no doubt recognise the ENORMOUS honour it is to wear the Spurs shirt, and won't go pulling out of ANY 50/50's.

• Delph- Will get the move he NEEDS to continue to progress.

• Villa Chairman- Gets a few extra quid for his kids trust funds, before he sells up.

Even the Villa fans will get what they want come to think of it....As the Chairman would HAVE to either sell up quickly, or plough HUGE amounts of cash into Villa as there would be absolute OUTRAGE at losing one of the country's brightest young talents.

9. big fran Guest

I agree ... Delph cmon for Pete's sake an average Joe. We have enough of them in mid.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button