Walker set for lengthy lay off

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 3, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

After the transfer window has closed, it has been confirmed that Kyle Walker is to undergo surgery for an abdominal problem he has been suffering with for around five months.

According to Mauricio Pochettino, Walker, " has good days and bad days " and as yet, no timescale has been given for his return to action.

Disguised blessing?

Of course I don't want to see any player injured, but what this does mean is that Eric Dier is likely to get a long run at right back, and I think that can only be a good thing. With the arrival of Fazio, who looks elegant and assured from what I have seen, Dier is likely to be needed at right back. Although we have Naughton, from the first fee games, Dier could easily make the right back spot his own and I think he is destined to become a Spurs favourite.

Learning the trade

It would be easy to forget how young Dier is and the fact that he still has a lot to learn about the premier league, but the injury to Walker will give him the time to adapt quickly. Another few goals from him wouldn't go amiss either!!

Get well soon

I wish Kyle all the best and hope he is back to first team action soon. In the meantime, let's all enjoy watching the birth of a star.

As ever, come on you Spurs!!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button