The Jermain Man

Discussion in 'Tottenham old forum' started by Mattj78, January 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I very rarely agree with anything that Robbie Savage says but in today's Daily Mirror, I think he makes an excellent argument regarding one of our former players.

Defoe loves Spurs and if Spurs want to win the title, he could be the best signing we make in January. He will score goals and would fit perfectly into our current squad.

Thoughts?

2. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

At Spurs a. he would only play off the bench. b. He only scored against weak opposition. c. He missed more than he scored. Defoe is good playing for a shite side. Later days at Spurs he hardly scored. Benteke was brilliant at Villa - look at him now. We can do better than a 35 yo who wouldn't keep up with Spurs youngsters. No tx. He had his chances.

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Why not bring him back? He'd be a better replacement for Kane than Janssen, at the moment. It being the last year at the Lane, with him in the squad we could really make a push for the title. He's the ultimate poacher, Janssen could learn a lot from him, as Kane did!! Only of course if we could get him relatively cheap, talking in the 5m margin with maybe giving them another player on loan, GK?

4. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Nope I disagree. He'd be a short term fix only. On the bench and high wages. Did nothing last spell. Understand it if we were desperate and struggling but we aint. Points made in last post.

5. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Yeah, short term fix I agree. The league is open this season as well. Don't really see us acquiring anyone who can be a difference maker anytime soon, at least not in the winter transfer. Defoe would just be backup for Kane and with the way we play and his movement in the box, he'd definitely get goals. If we had a second striker who had any type of form, I'd agree with you. Seems Janssen thus far hasn't figured it out, I hope it works for him but on this season...I don't think he's dependable.

Deggsy56 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button