Sturridge unlikely to watch Man Utd v Tottenham, but Hodgson will be there

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by GarethMcKnight, March 15, 2015.

Share This Page

1. GarethMcKnight

GarethMcKnight Member

Tottenham travel to Old Trafford today in what promises to be a six-pointer in the race for a top-four finish.

With Mauricio Pochettino’s men in desperate need of three points against fellow Champions League hopefuls Manchester United, our young English core will be critical in potentially securing three away points.

Hodgson

The British media have reported today that England manager Roy Hodgson will be at Old Trafford to watch the clash, with the national selector set to have a keen eye on Harry Kane.

The Three Lions boss had initially planned to take in Chelsea’s clash with Southampton, but has reportedly changed his mind as watching the Tottenham star striker edges up his priority list.

Kane surely will be included in the next England squad given his superb form over recent months, but the chance to impress the national boss could well be another motivating factor for our attacking talisman.

Mason

Despite Kane’s stellar form in front of goal of late, another man that surely deserves consideration for national selection is Ryan Mason.

The media are also reporting that Hodgson will want to see the Spurs central midfielder in a pressurised situation, which Old Trafford promises to be later today.

With the likes of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard leaving considerable gaps to fill in the England midfield, there is a chance for young stars like Mason to get involved in the national set-up and shine.

Sturridge

Despite all eyes being on Harry Kane after the Spurs striker scooped the Premier League player of the month accolade for the second consecutive month, one man is not interested in the achievements of the Tottenham centre forward.

Kane is widely expected to be in the England squad for the upcoming games against Lithuania and Italy, which could well threaten Daniel Sturridge’s place in leading the line for the Three Lions.

However, the Liverpool striker has stated that he is not concerned about the Spurs man or the potential for competition for places at national level.

“Why am I watching someone else's glories and achievements?” Sturridge stated.
    “It doesn't matter to me who comes around or what players are about. It means nothing to me.
    “When you watch other people, you don't get anywhere in life because you are at war with yourself.
    “Well done to Harry Kane and what he has achieved, but I am not watching what he is doing. I just believe in me.”

Despite Kane and possibly Mason having one eye on their international bows, the most important thing for the pair is putting in good performances today against United.

A win would be a massive boost in the search for top four football and we are more than capable of going to Old Trafford and getting it. COYS

2. parklane pete New Member

Sturridge sounds like a worried man.
    It may have escaped his notice but people learn by listening to and watching others.
    At war with yourself..... why? because someone else might be better.
    Total rubbish- translates into burying your head in the sand or don't talk to me about anybody any good it might affect me. Insecure or what.

The press want to see Harry Kane in pressured situation - have they forgotten three London derbies!

Parklane Pete

RHuss likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button