Spurs-West H, 23rd of June 2020

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Jesper, June 22, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Jesper Member

Matches coming hard and fast, barely done discussing the previous one and here is the next one:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51866058
    TEAM NEWS
    Tottenham are boosted by the return of Dele Alli and Lucas Moura after suspension and injury respectively, while Jan Vertonghen and Michel Vorm have signed new short-term deals.

Defenders Japhet Tanganga and Juan Foyth remain sidelined.

West Ham centre-back Angelo Ogbonna has returned to training and is being assessed.

Forward Sebastian Haller again looks set to miss out, as does Robert Snodgrass due to an ongoing back issue.

Alli is probably pushing for a start, replacing Lamela?
    Moura? Impact sub?
    Vertonghen? For me he is a starter and I don't understand why his contract was not extended for another year.

In the past then the fullbacks might have been rotated, rotating them now might not be possible. Rotating in the CM or the CB instead?

2. Ad

3. Spurporter Active Member

LoCelso must start. Him, Sissocco and Lloris were at required level Friday. The rest should work harder to elevate themselves. Kane may never recover, so I would like to see him on the bench at start, but it is unlikely to happen. Dier is good to go to partner Sissocco in holding MF. Davies was also good, but may be rested. So here is my lineup:

Lloris
    Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Jan
    Sissocco, Dier
    Lo, Dele/Steve, Son
    Kane

If Kane starts at the bench, then Gedson is in.

Last edited: June 22, 2020
  4. Big fran Guest

Lloris
    Aurier Toby Jan davies
    Dier
    Sissoko lo celso
    Bergwjin kane son.

5. THFC Guest

GK - Lloris
    RB - Toby
    RCB - Sanchez
    LCB - Jan
    LB - Davies
    CM - Sissoko
    CM - Ndombele
    CAM - Lo Celso
    LW - Son
    RW - Bergwijn
    CF - Kane

6. Jesper Member

GK - Lloris
    RB - Aurier
    RCB - Sanchez
    LCB - Vertonghen
    LB - Davies
    CM - Dier
    CM - Winks
    CAM - Lo Celso
    LW - Son
    RW - Bergwijn
    CF - Kane

Hoping to see subs:
    Sessegnon
    Moura
    Gedson
    & possibly Toby to defend a lead and waste some time the last minutes

Sissoko might have been the right choice against Man U, they do have a strong midfield but against West H then I want someone who can score or assist.

7. Preed

Preed Active Member

Please Jesper not dire and winks in midfield.We need some invention not headless chickens.But I won’t be surprised if this is what we get from mr defensive

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Jesper Member

Hey Preed, the other posters came with suggestions. You came with no suggestions and instead you came with complaints. A great way of stopping others from voicing their opinions and shutting down debates, is that your intent?

Who would you play?

9. Preed

Preed Active Member

Not my intention Jesper just don’t think Dier and Winks works.My team lloris sissoko Sanchez aldy verts decelso ndombele Lamela son bergwijn Kane. Subs sessengon Moura Aurier gedson

10. Preed

Preed Active Member

I must admit I forgot Ali is now available and I would put him on bench and bring him on for Lamela second half

11. Preed

Preed Active Member

45 minutes of dross again.I didn’t want Ali or Moura playing and how right I was.Lamela ndombele and bergwijn please. And some movement off the ball please.I don’t think the players believe in Mourino or his tactics.Please prove me wrong in second half.Am i the only one who wished this season was over as I can’t watch this rubbish much longer and stay sane.I used to long for match days not any more and I don’t think levy will allow it to get better by taking a chance in the transfer window

12. Preed

Preed Active Member

At least we turned it round thanks to a lucky own goal and Lamela coming on and winning the ball and setting up son to feed Kane.But don’t let that fool you.Ali and Moura were so bad again.I personally don’t get Moura and don’t understand why two successive managers rate him.One fantastic game in two years not enough.Bergwin did more in the last 20 mins than Moura in the rest of the game.At least Dier looked okay and decelso getting good game time.Surely the last 10 mins was made for ndombele instead of Winks

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Alli needs to be sold , he needs to be the big(ish) money player to reinvest into this squad (which is needed badly).
    LoCelso was a worthy MOTM, good to see Kane getting on to things especially the score sheet.
    Other than 3 points n beating the pikies it was rather bland for the most part.
    Hopefully we can build on the 3 points.

14. Big fran Guest

How much would alli be worth at present though. 30 to 40m max. He really struggles with his back to goal no ability to hold up play or link up. Needs to start getting ball on the half turn and making 3rd man runs into the box. Problem being this team is slowly gearing into the 433 system poch was implementing with a no4 pivot and 2 no8s either side of that pivot. Lo celso gets better and better and has that left side is his own. Sissoko currently holding the other spot. Again don't see the obsession with ndombele to come back in just now. Winks brought on to see a game out. I can't see alli playing as a box to box 8 so I can see the logic In selling likewise moura if the money is recirculating in the side.

15. Jesper Member

With no fans on the stands then it still feels like practice and at times it seems like the players are feeling the same.

Good to see corner-taking has improved. In the previous season then it seemed that most corners never made it past the first man. The goal might have been lucky but at least some of the luck was created by the corner getting into the danger area and players attacking the ball.

Lo Celso looks really good, Bergwijn as well. Aurier has improved a lot this year and the defence looked better than it has for a long time. Dier took charge, maybe that is why he is playing instead of somebody else. Sissoko was better than against Man U.

& even though the goal didn't stand it was nice to see that the focus was kept on during the end of the first half.

16. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Thoughts...

- The lack of fans and sub-standard fitness levels make for a painful watch

- Sanchez, Davies, Dele not really good enough. Haven’t seen Dele deliver a decent performance all season. Where has that top player gone. Moura - must do better otherwise away if there is a market. I’d play Jan at left back.

- Ok from Dier, Sissoko, Son. Not sure about Aurier, fine when he gets on the ball, but 30 yards away from everybody out on the right is like playing with 10 - think I’m a no.

- Kane a few good signs, just a few. Got better second half.

- Lo Celso a standout MOTM and capable of developing into a key man for us. Capable of more than Eriksen or Modric delivered and being left footed really helps the teams balance.

A win at the Blades would set a good trend.

17. Can’t say I agree with all of this but a very nice summation nevertheless Bazza

But are you throwing dear Luka under the bus? Ballon d’Or winner my friend... Lo Celso has no right to even scratch his balls

18. Bazza47

For me Modric did all his best work after he moved to Madrid. Based on what I’ve seen so far, Lo Celso has the ability to do better for us than Luca. And if Mourinho unlocks Ndombele’s box, we can see the two of them operating in midfield for us.

19. Jose's Ghost Guest

Now that would be an excellent midfield but I think that ship has sailed if Jose's history tells us anything. Kevin de Bruyne anyone? Ndombele will be a star unfortunately not at Spurs... not while Jose is in charge.

20. Bazza47

I fear you might be right......

21. Preed

Preed Active Member

Just watching united destroy Brighton.What a player Bruno Fernandez who Levy wouldn’t pay out for 18 months ago when he wanted to come to spurs.Say no more about ambition

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button