Southampton-Spurs, Sep 20, 2020

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Jesper, September 20, 2020.

?

How long until the new ones should start?

Poll closed September 27, 2020.
  1. They should have started this match

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. League-cup is the ideal time to start at least one

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Europa-league seems like a good time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (if chosen then please specify)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%

Share This Page

1. Alanh Guest

Haven't been on here for awhile but good to see the misery is still flowing like wine. It's been a pretty good week and if recent reports are to be believed things could be getting even better. This site saves me money as I don't need to go to the pub to listen to some old git moan when I can get it right here. Wehhey

Jesper likes this.
  2. Preed

Preed Active Member

Has anybody noticed that the posts on here that don’t like criticism and don’t seem to think spurs need to win something are all guests and not members I wonder why???I keep in touch with most of the spurs web sites and I can tell you that the views of Felon82 and cheshuntboy are not unusual on all the other sites.We all want our team to be competitive as do most supporters of their team.Wait and see what happens to Chelsea and united if they do not make top four

Last edited: September 24, 2020
  3. THFC Guest

I’m a guest and we really need to win something soon

4. Jesper Active Member

When is the next final?

The reason why I am asking is that some people want to be happy about Spurs winning matches and signing good players. As far as I can tell the only times when that is ok is:
    -if the match won is the one match where the league was won
    -if the match won is a cup-final
    all other wins are just possible 'false dawns', meaningless as they fail to meet the above criteria and nothing to celebrate, right? Every silver-lining has a cloud.....

As is then for me then I might stay away from match threads until the day after the match has been played. It would let me have some joy for the win and the following day then I might learn why I shouldn't have been happy about the win but then it would be too late - I'd already had my moments of joy :)

5. THFC Guest

Huh? In order to win something, we first need to win matches...in order to win matches you usually need to play better than the other team. It is possible, as we proved on several occasions last season, to play worse than the other team and win however you can’t do that in every match (as was proved) and thus you won’t win anything.

I am very happy if we sign good players and in Bale and Reguilon we have, although as good as Bale could potentially be for us, we really need to sign a decent CB and another CF.

If we can nick a cup, great but a win would be a top 4 finish this season IMO.

I’m not really sure what the relevance of your message is in relation to being a guest and wanting us to win something?

6. Jesper Active Member

Nothing about being a guest, something to do about wanting us to win 'something soon'.
    I thought you meant that the current attitude towards the players and the manager/coach will continue to be the same until something is won. That something is at the earliest months and many matches away. Possibly I misunderstood.

I don't think that I could manage to wait that long unless there were some signs of improvement along the way and unless I look for the signs of improvment then I might not see them.
    Actively ignoring signs of improvement is often counter-productive as it seems to be a very demoralizing tactic. That latter paragraph is not directed towards you but there are others who appear to prefer to try to avoid the pain of false dawns by never seeing anything positive.

But about the guest thing:
    As far as I can tell the benefit of being a guest is that the posts of guest can't be set to ignore and the benefits of being a member are that it is possible to put other members to ignore and it is possible to take part in polls. It is a personal preference being a guest or being a member, people coming to the forum are doing what is right for them. I've nothing more to add to that really.

7. THFC Guest

Did you read the post directly above from preed?

Has anybody noticed that the posts on here that don’t like criticism and don’t seem to think spurs need to win something are all guests and not members I wonder why???

8. Jesper Active Member

I did not even see it, I have him on ignore.

9. Preed

Preed Active Member

Good on you Jesper what’s it like being so right all the time .zBut you won’t see this

10. Guest Guest

I guess you have problem with the word "dung" but not "talking nonsense". I just thought of them as synonyms. Again, we must be wearing different spectacles

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button