Southampton-Spurs, Sep 20, 2020

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Jesper, September 20, 2020.

?

How long until the new ones should start?

Poll closed September 27, 2020.
  1. They should have started this match

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. League-cup is the ideal time to start at least one

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Europa-league seems like a good time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (if chosen then please specify)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%

Share This Page

1. Jesper Active Member

The recent signings are not in the line-up. Alli dropped and Ndombele in.

BBC has it as a 4-3-3, I think it might be a 4-2-3-1 but we will see.

2. Ad

3. THFC Guest

Observations so far:
    Dier is a terrible CB
    Moura is a waste of a player
    Hojiberg is a little confusing as I don’t think he has actually tackled anyone yet

Bazza47 likes this.
  4. Genevaspurs Guest

Just 4 words.... Winks and Dierks OUT !

Bazza47 likes this.
  5. Jesper Active Member

Moura appears to have learned his pressing from CE or Dele... One player not doing his job and then it is easy to move the ball up the field.

On the left attack the options:
    Son
    Bergwijn
    Sessegnon
    Bale (when fit)

On the right attack the options:
    Bergwijn? Not sure about that option
    Moura? Not sure about that option
    Aurier? Not sure about that option
    Bale?

6. Preed

Preed Active Member

First half total dross as per usual.i say again the players don’t look like they believe in Mourinos system.Why is Moura still on pitch as well as Winks.Thank god for one moment of class. Half time sub ndombele off and decelso on And the pretender Winks still on.Butas I talk Son scores second You can’t make it up

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. THFC Guest

Sonny is quality

8. Preed

Preed Active Member

I must say the second half was so much better but Southampton defended like schoolboys.Kane and Son great understanding long may it last and add Bale and we have an attacking force to frighten the best teams.Unfortunately we still have a back four that is championship standard.Dier will never be a premiership defender and Sanchez makes too many mistakes .we have a gem at left back now so just sign a left sided centre half.Davies will miss out now we have a new left back but he defended today better than Dier and Sanchez and maybe his best position is ina back3.Once again Moura and Winks go missing but at least ndombele is starting to look like a player And I still think Lamela has a contribution off the bench because he battles.

9. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

A rag bag of a first half, well at least the last 25 I saw, until H and Sonny combined. Second half was a finishing master class from that same pairing - different class.

The thing is until we take Dier (and even Sanchez) out of the back four we have no fecking hope - or try to win all games in telephone number scores....

A left footed, young, centre back is such a must have to replace Jan.....

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Guest Guest

So few positive comments after a good win. So much criticism after a narrow loss. What's wrong with you guys?

11. Preed

Preed Active Member

We don’t have rose coloured specs and one swallow does not make a summer

12. Spurporter Active Member

This place in known for relentless negativity. Do not expect anything different. I don't.

Jesper likes this.
  13. Spurporter Active Member

That is how Spurs will be playing under Jose. Get used to it. Good win. GOYS!!!

14. Jesper Active Member

Yep. All goals conceded are due to defensive errors and all goals scored are due to luck - view matches like that then negativity abounds...... I blame the pundits for focussing so much on how goals could have been stopped, they rarely give credit for anything and many football fans copy the pundits. I'd hazard a guess that most forums are similar.

15. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Harry is the best, genuine no10 in the league and its about time he drops back as a playmaker. He has a better killer pass and football brain and vision than CE ever had. Put Son and Bale up front with Harry pulling the strings, devestating.
    Its also about time to give him the capt armband. Feel for Deli but with his lazy flicks and tricks that mostly dont work, not sure how he fits into Jose's style.
    Swap him for a Danny Ings in a heartbeat.

Felon82 and Bazza47 like this.
  16. Cheshuntboy Guest

I'm worried that the negativity level is dropping dangerously, so here goes. First, yesterday's win was clearly one of those 'every shot's a goal' sort of games that crop up every so often, but don't really mean much. We beat a very good Newcastle team 5-2 away back in 1975 (an Alfie Conn hat-trick, I seem to remember), but still only avoided relegation that year by a whisker, and there've been a few similar ones since, sadly never marking a real sea change in our fortunes.
    As for Gareth Bale, I'm baffled at both Mourinho and Levy choosing to go down this strange road, and frankly see it as a sign of mounting desperation rather than a tactical masterstroke. Bale was injury-prone ten years ago, he's injured now, and how many games are we likely to get out of him in return for a mere £300k per week? We can hope his arrival will galvanise the others (and I have to admit that yesterday was a pretty fair start!), but I wonder whether Kane won't be understandably bitter at the return of the prodigal son, on grotesque money, while he's been carrying the team for years, and forced to watch Bale picking up trophies for fun all the while. As so often, I honestly hope I'm wrong and that we really are turning the corner at last, but we've been here before - Klinsmann and the rest of the 'Famous Five' were going to transform us into contenders back in the '90s, but Ardiles was gone within months, and the twenty years of famine soon followed - is that negative enough for you?

Preed likes this.
  17. Preed

Preed Active Member

Could not agree more cheshuntboy .Maybe we have been here more than some of the newer supporters and seen the false dawns after one win.Dont forget that Southampton should have been 2or3 up before half time and against a better team we would have been.This comeback due to Kane and Son and Southampton’s inabilityto change tactics mid game does not hide the defensive frailties that Mourino can’t seem to solve.We need a centre back and a striker before the deadline and we need to get rid of at least 8 players .

18. Guest Guest

Rose coloured specs, maybe. But I don't have BULL BOLLOCKS dangling in front of me for sure! Remove your BOLLOCKS so that you can see clearly whether someone has rose coloured specs.

19. Guest Guest

Yes, we are so afraid that this is going to be another false dawn after one win. But we are not afraid to criticize after one loss. Wow, I really appreciate the logic here. We won because rivals cannot change tactics mid game, no credit to us. But when we lose because we cannot change tactics mid game, we deserve to lose.

If this is the attitude developed from "having been here more than some of the newer supporters", I guess there's no more joy watching football for this bunch of "older and wiser supporters".

20. Guest Guest

I've not been through the seventies but can relate to the rest for the comments but not necessarily agree. I am not afraid of another false dawn nor do I agree with everything Levy/ENIC has done but I still do not develop that critical attitude that scrubs away every bit of positive leaving nothing but negatives on the plate. Do you still enjoy watching football? If so, what is it the you enjoy? The criticism bit? Is that too positive for you?

21. Cheshuntboy Guest

Sometimes I think it's growing-up in a Spurs-supporting family in a Spurs-supporting area (which Cheshunt certainly was, in my far-off youth) which has turned me into a cynical, bitter, glass half-empty merchant, but I'd probably have turned-out the same whoever I supported. Strangely enough, when Spurs were at the top in the '60s, the fans were famous/notorious for being critical (a Villa-supporting mate was shocked at the abuse Jimmy Greaves got from the home fans when he first went to WHL back then), but it now seems that the less successful we are, the more blindly loyal the fans are required to be, in a kind of parody of Millwall - 'no one likes us but we don't care'!
    I've enjoyed our increasingly rare triumphs as much as anyone (and the UEFA Cup win over Anderlecht in 1984, the last trophy I actually saw us win, has cheered me up through many gloomy Spursy moments since), but I grew up with higher expectations of the club than many of the younger supporters can understand, and I'm too old to become a 'happy clapper' now - sorry!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button