Priorities for next season (2020/2021), how to approach recruitment?

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Jesper, July 27, 2020.

?

Approach to recruitment

1. 1. Tweak the strategy from the past

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2. Copy another club and tweak to suit

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. 3. Something else, please specify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Share This Page

1. Big fran Guest

I've nothing against Joe Hart signing on a free if that means he replaces gazzaniga and we can sell for 3 to 5 million..
    On Bale he's better than anything we have apart from sonny. The numbers seem too high but if he decides he wants to play rather than collect money I'd take him. Could skipp to Norwich be a sweetener for aarons?

2. Guesty Guest

If I were Bale I would consider sitting at Madrid for 2 years picking up £550k a week.
    When my contract ends I'd p!ss them off by signing a £100k a week contract somewhere in the Premier league

Joe Hart.....decent keeper on his day but his best days are behind him.
    He has experience on the pitch.... in the dressing room....and on the training pitch....which will hopefully be an asset

3. Preed

Preed Active Member

Sorry guesty but who would give Bale 100k a week when he hadn’t played for the best part of 4 years.He must move now if he is serious about his international place.Surely he has enough money to last him the rest of his life so why this attitude which is only harming himself.I personally want people to sign for us because they like the club not because of the money.

4. Preed

Preed Active Member

This must be the funny season because somebody in the press intimated that Man City were preparing a bid in the region of40 million for Harry Winks.If true where would he play because he can’t defend and I don’t think Debruyne will step aside or Gungdogan or Silva or foden.Must be a joke??

5. Big fran Guest

Interesting poch been overlooked for another tob job. Juve now barca. Thoughts?

6. THFC Guest

Perhaps he wasn’t overlooked? Perhaps he rejected it? Poch to Man City seems the most logical story at the moment...Pep hasn’t given the owners of MC what they want despite his huge spending?

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Coz he's a fraud , serial loser , massively overhyped , poo poos trophies , awful in the transfer market , 1 dimensional , busted flush tactic , pisses off players and finally very snakey in interviews etc

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Incredibly we've been hit harder than every other Club in world football so we can't spend any of the money we haven't spent over the past 10 years so we've bought Hojbjerg and Hart on a free.
    The ambition of this club never ceases to amaze and just when you thought we were being spoilt we're only showing interest in Callum Wilson - Yes Callum Wilson people, even his highlights reel is a difficult watch.
    Thanks to Daniel and 20 years of frugal non existent ambition the game changer we 'saved' up for (then actually just took out a loan) has created a new dawn for us , we've levelled the playing field and are now reaping the obvious rewards.

9. Big fran Guest

Give over ya killing me here. Turned down juve? Barca?

10. Preed

Preed Active Member

Got to agree with Felon which is ante what a lot of the people are posting on here.Wilson does nothing for me and spends most of the time injured .Could be another Lamela.Most days the press are discussing potential transfers to all the top sides apart from us.Cant believe we are loaning out Skipp and keeping at least 3 worse midfielders

Felon82 likes this.
  11. THFC Guest

Haha I did say perhaps....perhaps he is never getting another club? Perhaps MC won’t get rid of Pep and will extend his contract/give him another £500m to spend

12. palmover Active Member

Mp is a good coach of the high press, however, he is not a good Manager which is different from being a coach.
    He has had time to reflect and if he corrects his flaws and tweaks his football approach/tactics he could become a winner.
    MP took spurs to places i never dreamed of (Champs league final) however, because of his flaws spurs came up short on numerous occasions when victory was insight.

I don't think Pirlo or Koeman are better coaches than MP? maybe cheaper.

13. palmover Active Member

I do agree that Wilson is not an exciting signing, however, it might be the case of Wilson is better than no one. The squad needs to be balanced after seasons of poorly thought out transfers.

Wilson is not the only name being mentioned, maybe spurs will buy someone better or worse, time will tell.

14. palmover Active Member

Spurs have been linked with a number of players ranging from Top class to unheard of.
    Spurs are looking at Lb, Cb, Rb, Dm, Am, Wf and Str. How many deals will be completed by Oct 5(T/W closes)? I think 3 maybe 4 at a push and i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being 1-2.

15. Preed

Preed Active Member

And still it goes on Arsenal to sign Gabriel class young defender Chelsea signing. Havertz and Chilwell united after Brooks while we sit on hands and do nothing while we look for cheap imitations of footballers.The press say we are interested in all sorts of players but I think Levy makes statements to try to appease the fans knowing full well he won’t sign any top player.because he won’t pay the wages.Make the most of Harry Kane because this will be his last year if he has any Ambition

16. Preed

Preed Active Member

I see willian says he has joined Arsenal because they told him they want to win champions league and it’s the one thing missing from his trophies.Does he not know they have not qualified for it so they will have to get a move on.Surely it wasn’t about money???? Or didn’t spurs think they could win it.Why do footballers treat the fans like they are idiots

17. Preed

Preed Active Member

Great news Messi wants out of Barca.Come on Levy make a bid although I think we might Struggle with the wages.Rumour has it with image rights and bonuses he earns over 75 million a year.Absolutely disgusting and Barca are guilty of ruining the transfer market.

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

17 days to go till season opener , still at bare minimum (without selling any FBs) need 2 new 1st team quality FBs, a 1st team quality CB, a 2nd striker to play alongside/rotate/push Kane.

This is the bare minimum required just to give us a chance of top 4 again.

8th richest club in the world, highest paid Chairman in the league, record profits, not even in the top 10 net spenders over the last 5 years...........

Yet when it comes to the team we're supposed to believe there's no money and we can't compete.

It's a complete shambles

19. Preed

Preed Active Member

Why do we supporters not demand that Levy explains why we are so poor.I know the stadium cost a fortune and the coronavirus has stopped us renting it out to other people but we were told that the stadium would not affect the transfer funds.I know Chelsea have a Russian millionaire in charge but even his money must be affected by the virus.It appears that all the top teams are getting their business done early so they can include them in pre season.When did we have our squad ready for pre season.I can’t remember one in the near future and this is entirely down to Levy trying to be clever which means all the good signings have been snapped up And we get the left overs who take about 6 months to settle in.No wonder nobody takes us seriously when it comes to the big prizes

Felon82 likes this.
  20. palmover Active Member

Spurs are said to be interested in Matt Docherty for Rb/Rwb. I am not sure how good he is however, the price being quoted is 12m, which is less than spurs aim to sell serge for which 2om.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button