No Win in 7. Is today a must Win?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, November 19, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So we're back after the International Break which to me feels like an eternity, sadly what England have served up this last 15+ years has sucked the life out of it for many but its over now and we can all concentrate back on the Premier League.

We currently sit in 5th and are Unbeaten which if you look on the bright side is decent, but with no win in 7 (in all comps) crashed out of the League Cup, a less than inspiring start to the CL and the inability to beat the might of West Brom and Bournemouth it seems a long time since we beat City and looked like kicking into gear.

The lack of Goals from open play is alarming and quite frankly its Boring and not the Spurs way. The Ghosts of AvB past seem to have come back to haunt us, gritty performances, a new striker that's not scoring, aimless football sideways back ways passing, the only hope of a goal or at least making the keeper work is from a penalty which for me is not good enough.

Is all well? I'm not for a second indicating there is a crisis but something isn't right or clicking. It feels very much like the team is going through the motions and its been a while since i saw the players look like they're enjoying themselves. Poch has a face like thunder, as does Dier, Eriksen and Lamela look confused, Janssen looks bemused whatever it is we just don't look right.

Liverpool, Chelsea and City all have very winnable games this weekend (with the first 2 looking like they're on fire) if this season is not to be a return to the norm for us we must keep in touch with these sides and drawing almost every game is not going to do that.

So what of today then? Sandwiched between the Scum and the Chavs Its our old friends West Ham (the lowest of the low) who currently sit 17th. Its West Hams first Cup Final of the Season and they will be raring to go.

This is where i am asking for Spurs- Is it a Must Win Game?

Besides it being a Bitter Rivalry and on paper we are far the better side and bigger club for me its a must win, 8 games with out a win is bordering on unacceptable and would quite rightly raise some questions.

Another draw or a Loss is simply not good enough especially with Chavs up after we could find ourselves out of touch very quickly.

Today I'm not particularly interested in style, I just want us to win. A royal Spanking would be brilliant but I'd take a goal mouth scramble as long as we get the 3 points.

I don't want to hear excuses about time to prepare or internationals etc the team and manager need to do this for the fans and themselves. We are better than what we've been serving up and need to get back to winning ways fast.

And what better motivation is there than beating the Spammers?

COYS!

Nomadico likes this.
  2. Big Fran Guest

Must win game in terms of if we want to challenge for title but not for a top four spot which is more realistic. We haven't signed well enough to win a league and signings janssen and sissoko haven't settled well enough.
    I don't envisage we will go in with a 352 today but hope we do because we have the players and quality to do so allowing two forwards to counter the issue of lack of goals and negates the problem of having poor wingers to choose from.

3. Nomadico Well-Known Member

With any luck Poch will listen again to what Felon points out,the last time he did we had a good game so a repeat today will give us the goals and the points we all need to see so we can settle down and start to enjoy our football again,a spanking for the spammers!!!!!COYS.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. johnnyhrvat Guest

Felon, if you think the international break is bad, wait until we get a winter break - but at least England will apparently thereafter win every competition that they take part in!
    I thought we looked much better last time out by getting our wingbacks forward - either a 3-5-2, or Dier in midfield and dropping back whenever we have the ball to allow for the same to happen. Give Walker a rest and get Trippier whipping in the crosses.
    I see Lamela being injured as a bit of a blessing - it stops Poch overloading the central midfield.

Felon82 and Nomadico like this.
  5. Big Fran Guest

Today's formation? Wow. Just wow. No other words...

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

45 mins 66% possesion 0 shots on target totally clueless aimless football

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button