Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

You miss the point Jose’s ghost .I do criticise the clubs owners and the poor performances but please don’t accuse me of using derogatory terms about individuals character as you seem to delight in doing.

2. voiceofreason Active Member

Preed, I agree you don’t stoop to name calling but you definitely fall into the camp that is always looking for the negative on the situation. However I do think you are trying to look at it from a fairly neutral position

Felon is a different situation though. I believe the word troll is accurate these days. He is definitely a very smart fellow. When he writes using facts and logic he makes some very valid points and his long going campaign to change owners could have some merit.
    However, where the trolling comes in, is in posts such as the one above, I didn’t bother reading the article he linked but assumed that the salient facts would have been accurate. If the article does in fact point out that at the time of writing we were better under Conte than Nuno and Josee and that with current stats even more so. Then he should ‘fess up and admit it.
    Unfortunately Josée’s ghost undoes his good reply by throwing in the odd bit of name calling but again that his probably just to get a rise out of people

i do think Conte is doing a good job, he has players believing again, yes we will have a few bumps along the way but that happens to every team(look at the calls to sack Pep) Also Arsenal who have come back in with a big chance of 4th now, went on a really poor run as well

The league doesn’t **** but there are teams better than others , teams worse than others and all teams t won’t win every game that on paper they should, eg Man City loss to us

let’s hope we upset the odds again and beat Liverpool, we outplayed them at home and we do better against teams that take it to us- we need the defence to stay solid. Oh and by the way , I would add Lloris to the list of automatic players, he has the (fairly rare now) odd brain fart but generally outperforms the norm
    COYS

3. Jose's Ghost Guest

Not at all Mr Reed... I actually have the utmost respect for you whether you realise it or not. You were there 60 odd years ago and have seen all of the failures... and odd successes... since. You have given a great deal to the club... nothing but respect for that.

My issue is simply this... some... and we all know who... just want to use this platform to defecate on the club.

They make the dumbest statements and draw the strangest allegiances which by nature have no merit... when confronted with this they fold like a cheap lawn chair and then start braying on about something else which again only presents the club in the poorest light.

This reprobate won't be content until we're bought out by some Saudi consortium... which tells you all you need to know about his character.

I have no time for this... or anyone who consorts with them... it really is that simple

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Half time so far so good as we have not conceded.Can anybody tell me why a promising midfielder like Betancour suddenly reverts to being Winksy.Today he has not been at the races and is giving the ball away for fun and turning the ball over.Defensivly we have been alright but Romero has had a couple of brain farts giving the ball away

5. THFC Guest

Good performance, disappointing to drop the 2 points as Diaz shot was heading miles wide.
    Emerson surprisingly defended very well but needs to work on his crossing.
    We could have stole the points at the end but all in all a great result.
    Need a performance from Leeds now

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Credit where credit due .Fine performance tonight and we should have won it at the end ,Chance fell to wrong man in Hojbjerg who has tried to pass instead of going for goal before.Thought Dier was superb tonight and Davies not far behind and this from two players who have been criticised by me in the past.Now we must beat the arse next week and hope Newcastle or Everton can help us

7. Big fran Guest

Again Conte gives us hope that we are moving towards being a top 4 side again. I think we probably just miss out this year but the foundations are there for sure. He looks like he's full control of the dressing room, players on side and who believe in him and his system. Probably 3 players away from being a top top starting 11.
    Ball in levy court now needs an investment now of 150m to 200m and whatever raised from player sales. I'd like P. Torres 55m, Tielemens 40m or Bissoma if not both and a quality right wingback maybe Lamptey or Singo of Torino. Throw in the sales of Sanchez, Rodon, Winks, bergwjin, Doherty, Ndombele, Lo Celso and moura then add another Centre half to replace Dier and a Versatile attacker Similar to Son. On top of that there are some really good free agents in Kessie, Bellotti, Cavani and Dybala maybe without CL football a title push under this man would be feasible.

8. Jose's Ghost Guest

Don't disagree with the majority of this but why do you want to replace Dier? He's been very good for us in Conte's system this term and is clearly superior to the 80 million pound lamp post from United who is keeping him out of the national team these days

Better to find someone to displace Davies (no disrespect to him... he's been good) from the starting lineup before Dier if you want to upgrade the back 3

9. Jose's Ghost Guest

Agree completely... disappointing to drop points late... particularly to a wildly deflected shot... but I guess there is a reason Liverpool have not lost at home for over a year

At the minimum we've secured a spot in the Europa which is better than a kick in the nuts... the Europa at least offers a ticket to the Champions League these days which is considerably more than anything any of the cups we competed in this year do

And we didn't have to rely on a youth academy coach to bail us out from complete abject and highly expensive failure this term... so that's a positive

Will 5th be enough to keep Conte around? Would 4th be enough?

Impossible to know but we better make some hay while the sun still shines because the league is only going to get more difficult in the coming seasons

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen the team for tonight and Romero is missing and Sanchez is in.This probably puts us one down to start with.could not have happened at a more inconvenient time

11. voiceofreason Active Member

Agree. Although it being his first NLD, there was a chance that Romero could have got himself sent off!

12. voiceofreason Active Member

Great first half. Holding should have a yellow earlier and the second one was a straight red anyway
    We are up for this, great tempo. Just wish royal could kick it straight!

13. THFC Guest

Great performance & result tonight and managed the game really well without taking any risks, over exerting ourselves or getting any injuries. Need a big performance against Burnley then hope for the same from Newcastle.

14. THFC Guest

His defensive performances have massively improved in the last few games but if only he could cross….

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a great feeling better than sex.Made even better by Artetas attempt to blame the referee for Holdings behaviour.

16. voiceofreason Active Member

Not in total agreement there:rolleyes:
    But do agree that Arteta came across like an idiot. Even Theo Walcott couldn’t defend him

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Listening to phone in on talk sport and can’t believe the whingeing arses.The show is hosted by Jamie Ohara who is obviously biased for spurs but I really do hate the other presenterJason Cundy who is such an lll mannered idiot with no sensible comments

18. voiceofreason Active Member

That’s just the way they always run their shows. He always (unless it’s Chelsea) tries to say something to wind people up to get a response to increase listener interaction. Just think of him as Talksports “Felon”

19. voiceofreason Active Member

I do agree but at best he is becoming Sissoko, lots of good chasing back and then getting into good positions but missing that final ball

20. THFC Guest

Couldn’t agree more and needs replacing but hats off to Conte for turning him from a defensive liability that can’t cross to just someone who can’t cross

voiceofreason likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button