Leipzig At The Lane

Discussion in 'Featured' started by SpursFromWithin, December 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Big fran Guest

RE.. Rose. Jose don't put square pegs in round holes it don't work. He keeps everything very simplistic and gives players 1v1 accountability. That's how he succeeds. When they fail to meet standards they throw the toys out.

2. Genevaspurs Guest

Ghostly Dele....

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  3. Preed

Preed Active Member

Total **** again in first half. Every time I moan at half time we seem to get better in the second half so I am hoping.I had great expectations for sessengon but he looks lost so far.Bring on Moura

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Well not a lot to be said really rescued a point that was barely deserved , how pukis goal was deemed offside il never know.
    It's painfully obvious we need investment in the playing personnel badly.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  5. Preed

Preed Active Member

At last Mourino has voiced his concerns about the defensive errors we make match after match a and it was very clear he is frustrated with it.dDoes any other team in the top 6 make so many juvenile errors.Two goals away at Norwich should be 3 points.I wanted Moura on at half time but why can he not hold the ball up and when will Deli stop trying the impossible flicks that come to nothing.Ndombele head and shoulders over Winks and Dier and Decelso lookss promising if given time.I believe Sessengon should be left back not midfield and Foyth is not ready to play centre half and should be back up at right back.Maybe we can get Norwich to sell us their fight back

6. Preed

Preed Active Member

I see we have recalled Clarke from loan at Leeds and even more surprising Carter Vickers from Stoke where he must have been inspiring as they are in bottom 3 of the championship.Surely we have enough bad centre halves already.

Felon82 and Gordon Mc like this.
  7. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

So, so poor....

Gordon Mc likes this.
  8. Bazza47

Such a painful watch for me today.

Dele poor, chances missed, just too slow. CE....MOTM - really. He may have had lots of touches, but even I can pass it backwards all the time. Ok he scored - a true collectors item that.

Foyth, Aurier - just not good enough. We're likely having to stick with the latter, Sanchez, Toby, Sess, back 4, or Toby & Verts as CB's.

Midfield is just a bleeding mess. Ok so suspensions don't help, but that Juse the mix of DM and attacking MF will be key to our chances of success this season.

As for 3 at the back - we just can't play that way, too risky with our level of players. Period.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  9. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

It's just awful, almost impossible to watch. The nearly laughable, sub-schoolboy, error-strewn performances from some of those players at times, not just today, defies belief. Aurier & Foyth - no less than horrific, Moura flitting in and out with little product, N'dombele & Lo Celso just not convincing (yet and I'm thinking will they ever be), Dele fannying about with circus tricks again. I'm not sure if Sissoko or Winks would have been any improvement had they been available against Norwich but they surely couldn't have been as poor. The only bright spot - and I'm saying bright in an attempt to gloss it - in a gloom-laden evening was that we didn't get beaten and somehow scraped a point. Top Four? We're having a laugh surely.

Bazza47 likes this.
  10. THFC Guest

Foyth and Aurier cannot defend, pass or cross...
    Please can someone explain how Eriksen is allowed to take corners? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one above knee height at the front post.
    Lo Celso is not the player we need in midfield, hopefully we can get a refund.
    Sessignon needs to go on loan and learn to cross after his impressive runs down the line instead of stopping and turning back.
    Gazzaniga should have done better with the shot....great stand in keeper but that’s about it

Bazza47 likes this.
  11. Spurporter Active Member

I actually liked Foyth. I think he was fouled on the first goal conceded. I agree the proper G would have made a save and no one would blame the Argentinian for the turnover. He was above average otherwise, IMO.
    There were no reasons for JM to change formation for the second period. It did not bring anything positive upfront, as both our goals were scored from dead balls. I would not be as negative, it was a fair away tie result against the team that fights for its PL life and killed better teams than we are earlier in the season.
    Spurs need a top 4 goalkeeper. I was advocating that when Lloris was not out. That is the best way to improve the defense. Do it this window.

Last edited: December 29, 2019
  12. Jesper New Member Blogger

A match that could have been lost (it didn't look offside to me) and could have been won (Alli could have done better on a few chances).
    The decision-making at the back didn't look great. Foyth should not have tried what he did for the first goal, Alderweireld probably should have tried putting out the ball for a corner for the own goal.
    Foyth seems talented but talent often comes with arrogance.... I believe that either he listens to the manager, coaches and senior players to improve his decision-making or he looks likely to continue to do risky things at the back. Get him to listen or send him out on loan so that he gets to see the results of his risk-taking or possibly even sell him.

13. Cheshuntboy Guest

I've read a few posts on different sites criticising Mourinho, and blaming him for our continuing shortcomings, as if Pochettino's departure cleaned the slate, and left Jose with everything needed for a top four and a trophy or two. This team is Pochettino's, and many of its failings are his, the decision to sign Gazzaniga (his mate's son from Murphy) instead of Lopez (now a full Spanish international with Roma, who signed him for a reported £20 million two years after we rejected him) being only the latest of his mistakes to come back to haunt the club. For the past two years we made top four only because our rivals were as shambolic as we were, but doing it a third time is really going to be a stretch, and if Mourinho thought managing United to second two years back was his greatest achievement, it'll be nothing to getting top four with Spurs!

Bazza47 likes this.
  14. palmover Active Member

Away games cannot be taken for granted and the key is to get something points wise out of the game.
    As it stands spurs are 5pts of top4, i still think it's possible because the teams spurs are competing with are all losing games. The team that gets top4 will be the one who can put together a 10-12 game unbeaten run at the moment none of the teams look capable of doing that, so it's going to go down to the wire 66 - 70pts should get top4.

Jm has given every player a chance and i am sure that he knows the ones who are not up to the standard.
    Foyth is not a Cb for me, it's interesting that he plays Rb for Agentina, maybe spurs should try him there.
    Playing verts with so little rest was a recipe for disaster, he's a good player but he's getting slow, he'll be 33 in the summer, time to find a younger model.
    What disappointed me was the lack of wide penetration Sess didn't want to take on or get behind his marker and played safe, Moura, Lamela all went narrow and serge's delivery was awful. Spurs really missed the direct running/dribbling of son and i would suggest spurs start looking for another wide player to complement Son. If Sess is going to play in such a conservative manner then he might as well play LB. It was so nice to see a midfield receive the ball in tight situations and drive the team forward, Tanguy was very good and will get better when spurs buy a quality Dm to play next to him. COys

15. Spurporter Active Member

Except for better English, Mourinho is not much different than Poch. The new gaffer boost was obvious, but once it's over, Mou plays what MP would have. Since Pochettino was a great success at Spurs, his mistakes are something that only Cheshuntboy notices. Mourinho losses, therefore, are much more irritating to most, which should be expected. I think JM has turned things around as much as he could, now it is time to exercise some patience and to see what January and summer will do. COYS!

16. Big fran Guest

100 per cent under poch going behind first we lose them games.. That's the difference.

Felon82 likes this.
  17. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Form table since JM took over has us joint 2nd (3rd only on GD) with only City n Pool having done better.

Some people have seriously lost their heads.

Bazza47 likes this.
  18. Bazza47

2 points a game is required for top 4 - that's exactly what JM has achieved, it will remain a roller coaster though .......

19. palmover Active Member

Spurs are apparently open to offers for Lamela. It's a good time to sell as sooner or later he will be injured again. Coys

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Can just see the footballing giants queueing up..........

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button