Leipzig At The Lane

Discussion in 'Featured' started by SpursFromWithin, December 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Spurporter Active Member

I predicted that right here back in Sept. So I share the credit with Mourinho. I also predicted Eriksen and Llorente as those who would re-sign. Llorente didn't. Eriksen still a possibility.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Jingle bell time it's a swell time to beat those Chavs today.

COYS !!!!!!

3. Big fran Guest

Anyone live close enough to the ground I have a ticket for today spare can't be assed with the five hour drive. Will have to use my q code to get it.

4. Thomas Member

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  5. Preed

Preed Active Member

shocking first half has pochetino returned?.?? Every 50 /50 ball lost and Aurier back to normal.Does Gazzinga know you can use your hands.Lampard so far out foxing the master.When will Moura ever win a 50/50

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  6. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

J*sus - what a mess. And three reds for Sonny - one overturned, mind, in not much more than half a season. I turned off after Gazzaniga's headstaggers moment but was speechless up to that point. Two losses from two against Mourinho's former charges, making both of them look quite good (which they patently aren't) in the process. Stunned once more. What it is to be Spurs fan I guess.

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. Preed

Preed Active Member

Ignore the petulant sending off of Son because we were second best long before that.I wonder if any manager can turn this lot round as I believe that pochetino had drained all belief from these players long ago.I am prepared to think that Mourino will eventually get it right but I do worry that he still has faith in Dier. and Sissoko in midfield and he resorts to Ericson when things don’t work out.This is a man who can’t beat the first man from a corner or free kick.We desperately need some home truths from Mourino now and not the faint praise. Ndomble must start as he can beat a player and provide a good ball. How good were the 3 Chelsea centre backs .They would all walk into our team while we give a new contract to a receding Alderweireld.Only Sanchez performed for us at the back today and sissoko tried hard but the rest were dross.Time for a clear out Gazzinga Rose Dier Ericson davies aurier if any buyers can be found.We desperately need some pace in defence and midfield and a defensive midfielder who can win the balk and not give it away immediately

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Big game , chance to make a big statement , Chavs having a wobble......

Turn up for a stroll , give 2 piss poor goals away , down to 10 game over.

We have absolutely nothing in midfield, no one dictates play or controls the game. Left with no option but to spray it long neither son or Moura are 'target' men and Kane is just marked n fighting a losing battle.

Donkeys & Dross making up 40 - 50 % of our 1st team players it's carrying too much dead weight. Investment desperately needed.

GK, RB, LB, CDM, CM (1st team quality) then we desperately need competition for places up top.

We were so poor today it was embarrassing.

Thanks Spurs for ruining Christmas

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  9. Preed

Preed Active Member

I can’t condone what Son did but surely Var could also be used to stop the ridiculous play acting as by Rudiger.He rolls about like he had broken his ribs and disgusting as it is he gave the stupid racist something to latch onto.The current managers almost encourage this form of cheating.I think the the great managers of the past like Bill nich and the triumvirate of Liverpool managers would abhor this kind of behaviour.It used to be a mans game

Gordon Mc likes this.
  10. Guesty Guest

Aurier....Dier....Moura....Sanchez are simply not good enough.
    Sissoko is okay but Aurier and him on the same side is worryingly bad. add Moura in there and its arguably the weakest right side in the league.

NDom I'm still not sure about. he's another Zakora for me at the moment.

Get Verts next to Toby and get 2 new FBs... or play those 2 and Davies as a 3 at the back

Eriksen either has to start or not play at all.
    Personally I would start him as he bothers opposition managers more than he bothers opposition players.

Kane needs another proper striker with him. someone the oppo also have to mark.
    Kane was outfought and outplayed today

11. Gordon Mc

Sorry Guesty - I wouldn't have Eriksen ANYWHERE near the ground, never mind the team. A man with the talent he has should be playing to attract a good move, if that's what he's after, rather than offering the embarrassingly woeful, putrid displays that he has been since round this time last year. Leave him to rot if he doesn't want to put in a shift. I know for sure that if I had been eyeing him, his dreadful attitude would nix any chance of taking him, but then in the world of sport generally, and football particularly, ethical behaviour doesn't mean sh*t. I used to like Eriksen but now I detest him. Possibly naive kiddie-thinking but that's the way it is with me - 100% effort or you can get the next bus.

Last edited: December 22, 2019
    Felon82 likes this.
  12. Genevaspurs Guest

Ndombele is our best midfielder no doubt avoir it... how can you compare gin to zakora? The game changed again when he came on. Better with than without him!

Why Eriksen is picked always before lo celso ? Why give the opportunity To play someone who wants To leave instead of one who wants To play for our club and our colour? Lo celso showed a lot of quality and passion before Jose arrived. I understand that he had To make some choice and decision but some of them are quite strange (Dier, Eriksen)

13. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

After what I witnessed today the only thing worth saying on here is I wish you and all your families a great Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year. COYS.

Felon82 and Gordon Mc like this.
  14. Gordon Mc

I'm done whingeing for today so I'll go with those sentiments Baz.

Have y'all a very good Christmas and New Year, everyone and his/her kin. Maybe (Spurs) things will pick up on the other side - he says hopefully, knowing full well there's a fair chance they won't. Cheers one and all.

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  15. Luckyluciano New Member

More of the same **** either good or absolutely rubbish no way it's going to be sorted in one transfer window unfortunately too many of the squad are done Aurier and Dier normal service resumed Tangy looks good when he comes on but but hasn't really set the world alight maybe now Son is out for 3 games maybe he will get a start and push Dele wide or even play Sess hopefully they will get a result on boxing day as usual I won't get my hopes up

Bazza47 likes this.
  16. Big fran Guest

It's not a case of Jose having faith in sissoko and dier partnership it's the best of what he has. Winks not good enough. Ndombele not fit enough. Lo Celso the jury still out and probably not capable of playing in a double pivot. Sessagnon doesn't make the bench and Clarke don't get a shirt at Leeds. The recruitment has been so so poor. It will only be fixed by signings. Jose is getting the max out of this squad which poch failed this season to sustain.

Bazza47 likes this.
  17. Thomas Member

Our midfield is in a mess.

It's such an irony that Ndombele is probably less fit than Dembele. Dembele can handle full 90 mins, maybe not two full games in a week. Ndombele can't handle a single 90 mins game.

We need a creative CM who can retain possession of the ball and transition from defence to attack and orchestrate the attack. Ali is good with his tricks and flicks in the final third but not someone who can control play and lead the attack. I don't think Lo Celso is anywhere close to that as Jose chose to bring on an off-form, want-away Eriksen.

We need a CDM as well. Dier is useful only in his own third of the field as an additional shield to the defenders. He's not someone who can be the engine room in the midfield.

We are trying to bypass the midfield now by pumping balls directly to the attackers out of defence and this hasn't quite worked out in some games. In the end, we concede a lot of turnovers and can't get out of our own half.

Last edited: December 23, 2019
    Bazza47 likes this.
  18. Spurporter Active Member

You suggested a rebuild. The club went in different direction. We hired an experienced manager tasked with making the existing group to work. I was not a big fan of the decision, as you know, but I now stick with Mou and suggest not to panic. Look at positives. We were much better defensively. The goals conceded were results of bad individual errors, not systematic weakness we had earlier in the season. The negatives were Chelsea played 3-5-2 so they had 5 in midfield and that killed us, we had no way to progress as they totally controlled the center. Kante and Willian played their best as far as I can remember and I remember a lot. So I wouldn't put so much blame on players, they were tactically outmatched. Lampard took huge rick with new system and won, while JM played it safe. He couldn't do much different, except starting Ndobele.

19. Thomas Member

Not sure if you watched the game and commented accordingly but Ndombele didn't start.

20. Preed

Preed Active Member

Unfortunately spurporter we do need a rebuild and have done so. for over a season.All this because pochetino and Levy didn’t invest on new younger players when we could have done.Players probably missed because of their lack of forward thinking.ie Wan bissaka maddison Tielemans.What a difference they would have made.where did this myth come from that Mourino can not build a team remember Porto.He finished second at united and wanted them to buy a centre half which they have now done and he was practically forced out by Pogba who is doing his best to get rid of Solskar.Give him the money to buy the right tools before its too late

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button