Last Seasons Open Letter from Levy

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 12, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The statement on the official Spurs site read: “Dear Supporter

“Not withstanding that today’s match is an opportunity for a top six finish and European qualification again, I am conscious that on this, the last day of the season, we are reflecting on what might have been.

“The new signings in the summer had the effect of raising expectations and we all started the season with high hopes, yet the players undoubtedly needed time to adapt to a new league. We were also forced to make managerial changes, which is far from ideal mid-season.

“Such is the competitive nature of the Premier League, no one team can guarantee a top four finish. However that’s not what it’s just about – our sense of falling short, felt by all, including the players, is based on some poor performances during the season and knowing we have not performed at the level we know we could have done. Even in games where we gained maximum points, our football was not always what we have come to expect and associate with our Club.

“I firmly believe we have a quality squad with many players from whom we have yet to see their full potential and players who have individually shown great form this season. We also have a healthy mix of experience and youth and over the last two seasons particularly we have seen Development Squad players move up to the First Team and put in promising performances.

“Our challenge now is to ensure we are in the best possible position for the start of next season – a season in which we shall look for a new level of commitment and performance from all.

Well guess what Mr Levy? You failed miserably again.

An even worse window followed, an even worse manager followed, less points, less ideas, same goals conceded as relegated sides, the quality players haven't adapted at all, there's no blend between youth and experience, the football over the past 2 years is now exactly what we come to associate with our club- turgid disjointed unbalanced etc - you are an undisputed failure!

14 years, hundreds of millions spent with 1 league cup to show for it and a succession of poor signings and managers that far out weigh the few and far between good moments.

What for this summer? Some more haggling, penny pinching, posturing, poor recruitment?

What for next season? Some more failure football that ends with nothing again, and probably another managerial casualty? Even less points?

You are unable to bring success to this club because you don't have a clue about football or appointing the right people, when will you step down from this untouchable strangle hold you have on the club?

Stop hiding behind the word Transition. We're going backwards, I'm sick of the excuses it's time you delivered, our 1st team is not an academy training exercise, it's not a secondary thought in the business model, it's not something you patch up or make do with, it's our 1st team what should be the pride of North London!

It needs quality, it needs leaders, it needs a back bone, a burning hunger to succeed, pride in the badge and a manager that has the ability to make it happen through being backed not short changed.

The biggest charlatan in football Daniel Levy ! Levy out !

totcat likes this.
  2. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Completely justified if somewhat extreme. Fair enough. I've come round on this - Levy simply has to go.

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  3. totcat New Member

very powerful. I wonder, is that statement from Levy a reprint from every year he's been in charge?

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Enough is enough this guy is a repeat serial failure, he cant deliver.
    No other Chairman has spent so much and delivered so little, we will never be successful with this bloke in charge and his backward ways.
    He is only successful at squeezing pennies out of deals which is never of a benefit to the actual team or end product.

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Jinks New Member

Levy out, greedy money grabber, serial failure.

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. MarkH Guest

Just an idea here, but maybe the player culture is at fault here? Levy re-invested most of the Bale money on players that, at the time, supporters were excited about arriving. Three more failed managers later and here we are again. There has to be something else going on and it has to be the precious darlings who get paid ridiculous amounts whether they play or not.

bruski and Mattj78 like this.
  7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Levy is the guy who hires and purchases these clowns, his 3 best managers were all fall back plans not 1st choices.
    Hes made this happen because hes clueless but thinks he knows better!

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. Rossco Guest

You guys have no respect. This guy has provided financial stability to our club when we needed it most.

Admittedly some of the penny pinching is incredibly annoying however I'm glad we aren't in a situation like Villa where their owner has given up on his club!

Baldini is the person we need out, useless role within the structure of the club. Give Poch full control over transfers this summer and see what we can do next season!

#COYS

bruski likes this.
  9. Big Mal Guest

But, as always, there is never a solution from anyone. It's just 'Levy out'. No idea whether that's right or wrong, but it basically means that the chairman is the most important person in the club as sacking him appears to solve all our problems. Well here's an argument which also may or may not be right. The club has gone from being a mid table team that flirts with relegation occasionally to one that is always in Europe and flirts with the Champions League occasionally. It has attracted excellent players in Modric, Bale, Berba, VDV, Eriksen, Lloris. Players have only been sold to two massive clubs and for enormous profits. Less top players have been sold than immediate rivals, Arsenal, for example. The training ground is out of this world and the main reason why the best youngsters now come to Tottenham not Arsenal. Funding is in pace to build the best club stadium in London and plans are afoot to fund it with an American franchise. Top managers are brought in and given money to spend. Those who are successful are given a good bash at it - Jol, Redknapp. Those who aren't are moved on quickly - AVB, Ramos. All of this has been done profitably whilst many clubs have sunk disastrously. The problem is, 2 billionaires have come in and ruined the PL. They've taken clubs who could not sustain a challenge as they were bankrupt - Chelsea - and who were never going to challenge - Man City. This now means that even Manchester United are not competing and have missed out on CL football. These 2 clubs pay transfer fees that Tottenham cannot afford and wages that are higher than our turnover and individually up to 4 times what we can pay (often netto). I want Tottenham to compete, but without a billionaire or massively (and I mean massively) increased turnover it cannot be done. Levy is building the stadium as his plan to deliver whilst driving revenue streams all around the world. The stadium will be funded differently to Arsenal so shouldn't be such a long time before it pays dividends. So sack Levy, but then what? It could happen because, contrary to what people believe, he is not untouchable, but I'm not sure what happens next. So back to where I started 'Levy out'. And, voila, money flows in, players are bought for £50m and paid £250K per week. Chelsea no longer gazumph us on every transfer.........

10. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Utter nonsense. We have financial stability on the pitch, no success on it.

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So he keeps us Financially sound, lets have an open top bus parade!

Its not like weve spent pennies weve spent hundreds of millions and won 1 league cup. This bloke is the epitomeh of failure and is happy with tick over mode making his little profits while charging fans through the nose and delivering nothing!

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

A solution would be to get someone in that doesnt have such an egotistical streak that becomes threatened when a manager with an opinion starts to get the ball rolling.
    Someone that doesnt want to silently rule the manager with their own 'agenda' thinking that they know better than genuine football men.
    Someone that doesnt ignore the glaring deficiencies in the side and actually deals with the issues in time with strategy for the season.
    Someone that can give clear objectives and deliver them by giving the manager the tools he needs.
    Basically someone thats everything Levy isnt !

13. Mattj78

Right. Joe Lewis IS a billionaire. So let's just throw that out of the equation shall we. Daniel Levy is his little puppet who he employs to RUN the football club.
    No one is denying that ENIC have made Spurs financially stable. After people like Irving Scholar, then that wasn't going to be the hardest task.
    We have gone from a top ten team to a top 6 team in 14 years. That's 4 places. 4 places and one League cup.
    Yes , we have a new stadium on the horizon which will bring in more revenue but does that mean success? Well, let's take a little walk down the road and consider what success Arsenal have had. In terms of silverware, 1 FA cup but champions league football EVERY season. Now, I know we live in a world where finishing in the top four is the be all and end all, but the new stadium has hardly made them successful.
    And if top four is our ultimate aim, then we have finished in that position twice. The man who got us there was duly sacked.
    Why did Harry do well in general? He stood up to levy and levy took it until he saw his chance to get out.
    Let me take you back to another open letter from Mr Levy after that sacking. He stated that the club needs to move in a new direction. 2 top 4 finishes, 5th and a champions league quarter final.
    Since then? Well we have gone in a new direction all right.
    If in a business the person in charge of recruitment constantly recruits poor workers, bad managers, at some point the owner is going to look at that person and think, hang on a minute, this person is not up to the job.

Every time someone on here posts about levy's failings, the stock response is that we are okay financially. And I just don't get it. Yes we don't want to do a Leeds, but are we really content sitting 6th every season? I mean really content?

This year it is possible we could finish 8th and if we do so, what will the content of Daniel's letter be this time.
    It will be the same. More lies, more patronising nonsense from a man who cares about PLC and not FC and that is not acceptable.

With levy and Lewis at the helm, the new stadium is coming. Will it bring the top four and silverware with it? Not unless someone bring posh cutlery it won't.

A wake up call is needed. Either we accept mediocrity or we demand the best from our football team..

Sir Bill would want the best. Only ever the best.

Felon82 likes this.
  14. Mattj78

Lewis' total wealth is estimated at $4.2 billion, and he is listed as the 308th richest person on Forbes’ List of billionaires (2013). Forbes reports that Lewis is the ninth wealthiest person in the UK

15. Alan super Guest

Wont be going to spurs again untill levey goes

Mattj78 likes this.
  16. Angry Mike Guest

agree 100%
    It's about time spurs fans organised themselves to get rid of this charlatan Levy

Mattj78 likes this.
  17. Alan super Guest

His been playing us all those years . Is time to play with levy . If you are a fed up spurs fan . Just dont go to the games until he is gone .

18. MarkH Guest

Can I have your season ticket then please?

Mattj78 likes this.
  19. C.O.Yidooo Guest

I don't usually comment on posts like this but I cannot understand this 'Levy out' nonsense. No one can possibly argue that we were in a better position when he (ENIC) took over the club. We have gone from being lower mid-table to fighting for top 4 and being in Europe year in year out. During this time we have been lucky enough to see some of the most talented players in the club's history- Bale, Modric, Van der Bart, Berbatov, Lloris, (Kane/Eriksen). On top of this he has delivered one of the best training facilities in Europe and hopefully, in the next few years, a top class stadium as well. I don't necessarily think that Levy has the club's or the fans best interest at heart but ask anyone involved in the football world and they will tell you that he is a shrewd businessman who knows exactly what he is doing and where he is taking the club. I was as pissed off as anyone when he got rid of Redknapp but we have found a good manager in Pochettino who I hope will be allowed to make his own signings in the summer and bring the club forward next season. COYS!!

20. James Guest

I really get annoyed with fans quoting this Myth... Levi and Enic DID NOT provide financial stability to our club... that was done by the good work of Lord Sugar. Levi and Enic have simply continued with his poilicies. While I do not believe that Sugar would have done better (although I don't see why that wouldn't have been possible) I don't believe that he would have done any worse either.

I am thankful to Enic and Levi for not putting us into financial difficulty but that is the ONLY positive I can say about the current regime. Their transfer targets are highly questionable. The transfer policy (penny pinching) is questionable as a long term business model as I believe that many clubs now do not want to do business with us.

The managerial situation is a farce, it has to be when even spurs fans are laughing at the joke, "scientists believe that by 2025 wherever you are you'll not be more than 25 meters from an ex spurs manager." The managers they have chosen have been disasters while the managers that were forced on them as 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choices have done as well as can be expected but have been undermined from within before being removed.

Do us all a favour Enic... sell up soon!.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button