Hammer Time

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Felon82, October 19, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Kal Guest

We have not won a trophy in a decade. The Scum are now a point above us. Mark my words, if we don't make top 4 this season - we are finished. Levy you **** ..get the hell out of my club!

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Peter reed Guest

just seen pochetino giving interview on sky making excuses a bout injuries and tired ness before tonight's game.Its obvious he is preparing for multiple changes which West Ham won't do and they will gleefully knock us out of our only hope of silverware.Does the man understand the supporters I don't think so.And still the media think he is the messiah.Lets see if Real Madrid come calling I don't think they will.hIm afraid I think he is a decent manager but not in the same league as the top four in the premiership as he only knows one way to play and his selection are sometimes unbelievable as against city when our best eleven were only on. The last 15 minutes

3. P reed Guest

must hold up my hands Igot it wrong tonight although the hammers left their shooting boots at home.still can't see the crazy Frenchman at right back Antonio had him on toast.But let's count our blessings

4. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

By any measure you choose to use, that was a good performance tonight. Liked Foyth, Wanyama, Sonny, Eriksen looked sharper, Walker-Peters in parts. Llorente took his goal well. I'll settle for that, shame about the Gooners draw at this stage. Hey Ho. COYS.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  5. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

Indeed Baz- I was quietly pleased and I'm not easily quietly pleased (?) Anyway - some fine performances from a couple of the fringe men and overall a fairly satisfying display. A hairy moment or two but Gazziniga dealt well with most of what came his way. Don't think I'm alone in saying he gives most fans less of a fright, where Hugo, excellent as he is at times, tends to have us watching through our fingers from behind the sofa too often these days. Let's not get carried away though - it was only West Ham after all. Pity about having to go to the Goons next time out but heads up guys - we live on to another day.

Bazza47 likes this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Foyth looked very good last night I was quite impressed by him.
    Sonny took his goals well.
    Through to the next round and a proper test with the scum

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. palmover New Member

3 wins away from a trophy, can Botch win his first ever trophy? It's time for Botch to prove he can inspire a team to win trophies, time will tell. Coys

Felon82 likes this.
  8. Bazza47

Blimey Felon you were up early......

Gordon Mc likes this.
  9. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

This is what happen, Baz, when yer team causes you to worry - just can't get off to sleep. :) Mind you - you're an early riser too. Try Retirement - get to lie on a bit.:p

Bazza47 likes this.
  10. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Haha it's all the excitement can't sleep

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  11. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Well how we came out of that with 3 points I'll never know, Wolves should feel hard done by really thought they were the better side we for once were just actually clinical.
    Lamela took his goal well , good to see Moura & HK get on the score sheet too.
    Foyth ....... Had a mare

burnt likes this.
  12. burnt Well-Known Member

Was another mad game overall , jeez we're Dier at the back , couldn't help myself with that one lads ... How does a team go from rock solid to chronic just like that . Remember all the times we played really well in times gone past and couldn't score well we've certainly got our own back over the last few months . Will probably happen again at some stage throughout the season , 7 or 8 really good performances with only one or two wins , lol tis a funny old game alright ...... C.O.Y.S ...

13. voiceofreason Member

Funny game
    Felt really sorry for Foyth. He was having a great first game and then trippier had a brain fart. Not convinced second one was a penalty

Wolves are a good side - good result away from home - we got two points more than city did!

I think it maybe time everyone gets on board and realizes Lamela isn’t marmite anymore- he is a great player and will only get better - dirty little fu**er though - but he is our dirty little fu**er!!

Remy Uwilin and Bazza47 like this.
  14. Big fran Guest

Really felt for Foyth tonight unnecessarily thrown in the deep end. 2nd pen was certainly harsh first one dropped in the shite from trippier who 100 per cent doesn't try a nutmeg at nil nil. All got spursy. Not happy at Sonny getting subbed off but I'll take an unconvincing spurs winning again and again. Coys.

Bazza47 likes this.
  15. Peter reed Guest

wish verts an early recovery we need him.Felt a bit for forth being sold down the river by trippier who produces good crosses going forward but can't defend to save his life.For the second penalty he Forth looked spent and should have been subbed earlier. Under pressure at the end we once again go to pieces and can't retain the ball and close the game off.I have been saying for ages we will catch a good hiding very soon unless we learn quickly.I find it strange that England pick at least 5of our players every game

Remy Uwilin and Bazza47 like this.
  16. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Trips has drop a couple of balls in his last two apps, city and now. He needs to get it together, the game was secure until he started goofing around. Overall, it was a solid performance, truly felt for Juan; still has lots to learn but very promising! Lamela has impressed, shout out to Winks, Sissoko Moura. O

Bazza47 likes this.
  17. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Statistically there are only 25 English players that play regularly (as in starters 1st team place holders) in the Premier Lg.

Basically to get a call up you qualify by -

Being English and playing in the Prem.

Playing Regularly.

Preferably at a more fashionable club.

18. Cheshuntboy Guest

It's incredible to contrast players like Steve Perryman (one England cap for playing half a game against Iceland, thirteen years after his Spurs debut) or Micky Hazard (one England call-up but no caps) with the unknowns who play for England today with little or no club track record to speak of - I'd truthfully never heard of a couple of people on the England bench earlier this season, and the likes of Livermore, Mason or Winks wouldn't have had a sniff of a game before the overseas takeover of the PL in the past couple of decades. I haven't been especially interested in international football since the days of Venables and Euro '96 (and the current joke tournament is an embarrassment) but it's a shame to see the England team largely consisting of Top Six reserves plus Harry Kane - another thumbs-up for life today!

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Indeed, and considering 4 of that 25 are goal keepers it lessens the level of outfield players even more so.
    So when Poch is given his plaudits for getting English players capped it really is a case of who else was gonna be capped instead?

20. Bazza47

Many a true word Felon, seems like a case that if you've got your kit, you're in.....

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button