Hammer Time

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Felon82, October 19, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Breaking news is that club confirms all 2018 'home games' to be played at the souless bowl Wembley

2. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

No games at the New Lane 'til New Year at the earliest, a HUGE debt round the club's neck, a mooted change of manager, an exit from CL looming and a squad that is underperforming and inviting a good old-fashioned tonking from Manchester City on Monday night. Oh well - we've got the longest bar and the biggest megastore in Europe at the Theatre of Cheese'n'beer to be happy about. Let's all hear it... Hip Hip....

palmover, Felon82 and Bazza47 like this.
  3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Again Spurporter I wished I shared your optimism....

4. Bazza47

The Stadium...... Truth or Lies....

... so first it was delayed because of failure of the critical safety systems. But....DMC said that apart from that, the stadium would have been finished by Sept 15th. The delay allowed other external items to be brought forward, without saying what they were. Was it the veil - not judging by the pace of that. The Skybridge - possibly. But now it seems DL says it's the WHL and Northumberland Park stations....really. Making it up as they go along.

So we miss the date by 6 weeks so far, the outside public areas are still not finished, the a**e is still hanging out of large parts of the West and East stands, there is at least another 8 weeks to go......and we still don't have a date, no idea on the test event dates, have to travel to Wembley on Boxing Day FFS......but the stadium would have been ready, apart from the CSS problems. Right.

A public apology from the Chairman would not be far off being the minimum that Fans deserve.

A fecking mess....views?

burnt and Felon82 like this.
  5. burnt Well-Known Member

Always looked a hughly optimistic timescale to my uneducated eye . You'd wonder why you'd put yourselfs in such a position . It was a massive undertaking and why not give yourself ample time to get the job done properly and not leave yourself open to these kind of shenanigans , would 6 more months really have been that bad . It would still have been a fair feat to complete it in that time frame i.m.o . You'd wonder sometimes how some people ever became so successful in the first place . The crowd that took on the project aren't coming out of this smelling of roses either and if Levy is the tight arsed business guru he's supposed to be , one can only imagine the penelties and sanctions involved for them in this debacle . We might end up getting this stadium for half price by opening day .........

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

This is assuming that Levy (pennywise/pound foolish) isn't the complete charlatan this project is exposing him for....
    Totally agree it was optimistic if not naive for a build of this magnitude to be open anywhere near on time, but of course honesty and transparency isn't in the parasites nature when season tickets need to be sold and money to be milked.
    It's yet just another play in the smoke and mirrors routine from Ming the penniless that has everyone else laughing at us the supporters.
    The only plus is a lot of the fan base are slowly waking up from their post 90s traumatic stress stupor that they've been gleefully clapping in championing the crumbs and triumphant failures.

Last edited: October 27, 2018
  7. Peter reed Guest

sorry to see my idol glen hoddle has been rushed to hospital after collapsing at the BBC.wish him well and pray he recovers.

8. palmover New Member

“The circumstance that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games,” Pochettino admitted.

Strange interview to give, especially before a big game. Is this a statement a winning manager would make?

I agree with the statement, however, i would say enic have never shown any ambition to win any trophies.

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

From the mouth of the guy that treats cups with contempt and hides all transfer window.....

He was 'happy with the squad' and the 'Bravery' and now wants the violins out for him?

**** it up Poch you've dined out on the praise and the myths, whilst delivering zilch.

If he's found his voice at last , let's hope he speaks up in January or its just more hot air.....

Last edited: October 29, 2018
  10. Peter reed Guest

Nice to see that pochetino has found his voice at last .Pity he didn't do it in the close season when we needed reinforcements.He has finally seen the light or is he preparing an out.Maybe all the poch worshippers who criticise us who don't think he is a god will start to see the light as well.this looks like a desperate ploy to get a performance against city tonight but I'm afraid we will need a miracle based on performances so far irrespective of the points we have somehow stolen.I don't know if he is aiming his remarks to the players or Le vy.

Bazza47 likes this.
  11. Peter reed Guest

just seen the team to play city Erickson winks Ali son on the bench sissoko playing is he trying to get the sack to save money by resigning.Surely your best players should play or has he surrendered so he can go strong at the hammers.I am fast losing any faith in the man .If the players are not fit .why are they on the bench please pray hard

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

1 shot on target in 95 minutes sums up the quality of our play.
    47% possession to 53% yet we create 4 chances to 13.
    Plenty of huff n puff but nowhere near enough intelligence or tactics to our play.
    The plusses?
    We weren't spanked nor overly outplayed.
    The minuses?
    No cutting edge, inability to keep meaningful possession and yet another loss in a big game.

Gordon Mc, Bazza47 and burnt like this.
  13. burnt Well-Known Member

Strange game overall , both sides huffed and puffed but were very poor quality wise . Pitch didn't help of course but can't be solely blamed for a turgid 90+ mins of football from both teams . It's probably as ragged as I've seen City for a while and they still won . Our attempts at trying to create chances were truly awful and of course there was the customary mess up at the back for their goal . There were a couple more of course but we weren't punished and we got our big chance to get something out of the game but the attempt from Lamela just summed up the whole evening . From the stadium debacle to the performances so far this year to the Managers murmurings over the weekend , there's a horrible cloud lingering over THFC at the moment regardless of our " best ever start in the Prem. Lg. " ......

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  14. Peter reed Guest

Once again Spurs give the opposition a goal start with a stupid piece of defending .Trippier out muscled by a dwarf you couldn't make it up.best player sissoko and that really sums it up why oh why was winks and Ali not starting.The only covnsructive football came when they were on the pitch.Once again Lloris tries to help by presenting a golden chance with his awful distribution.kane and moura unable to get the ball to stick so attacks stall and still poch won't change them.west ham must be rubbing their hands

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  15. Bazza47

Well, it's Groundhog Day for sure. My cousin and I both agreed we needed a solid start with no silly mistakes, level after 30 mins would be good. Then the ref blew the whistle. Tripps had a mare, costing us their goal. We didn't turn up until the 2nd half and blew the one decent chance - Pamela strikes again. Defo Groundhog Day....crowd of 56k tells it all what the fan base think.
    PS pitch looks shot to pieces....worth spending on a new one Daniel....

Gordon Mc likes this.
  16. palmover New Member

I always look to what a player brings to the game whether it be speed, skill, power, passing ability, good tackler etc. I have been baffled for years wondering what Spurs and England mangers see in Dier. Apart from his height at set pieces i haven't seen him display any ability that hurts the opposition, Dembele's legs are going, however, at least he still has some ability. Dier has the least ability of any player in the squad and i include sisoko in that opinion.
    Botch's two mistakes are not taking the money from Man.u when they were interested in Dier and selling Walker and replacing him with Trippier who is awful against fast skillful wingers ask, sterling, marshall and sane who all tore him to shreads. Botch is not a winner that is why he plays dier and tripper players who at best are squad level.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  17. Cheshuntboy Guest

Clearly the team has got problems in every area, but Kane's continuing immobility and lack of sharpness is the worst of them; his performances and goals have carried Spurs for the whole of Pochettino's tenure, and unless he recaptures his 2017 form PDQ, this season might as well end now. On the other hand, while our stars are barely twinkling, our pair of thirty million pound duds have apparently decided that five years and two years respectively are long enough to get used to life in N17, and if they inspire the likes of Llorente and Aurier to follow their example, we'll have the makings of a fair EL level team, so perhaps it's not all gloom and doom after all (and if you believe that, you'll believe anything).

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  18. voiceofreason Member

19. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

Another beating due to defensive blundering - couldn't Trippier have headed either out to his right for a throw or back up the park, instead of trying to put it behind him, if that was his intent ? Anyway - we were only beaten by a solitary goal when I was expecting about 3 or 4 along with it. Could also have scraped a draw but there you go - take yer chances when they present or you'll rue it. My two favourite unfavourites were arguably the best performers - irony or what - on a night when there was huff'n'puff aplenty but no joy (again). The performance didn't please me one bit - City are a fine side but I thought last night they were flattered somewhat by our inability to do much more than chase around. They certainly - for me anyway - weren't the ultra well-oiled machine that the sickeningly smooth, but ultimately useless, pundit Graeme Le Saux was creaming over. If I'd kept a note of how many times he said "magnificent" "brilliant" "awesome" "fantastic" and plentiful other similar descriptions last night I'd have filled a medium sized notebook and got writer's cramp thrown into the deal. They were good - better than us, but it wasn't that hard really. Sorry for the negativity guys but a slim 0-1 loss against Manchester City doesn't fill me with cheer at all. Seems we can only beat Bottom-Of-The-Table dross and West Ham (they are BOTT dross, they're just in the wrong place) this year. AND on the Poch/ Real Madrid story - if he's sensible he'll stay where he is. If he goes to Madrid he might get the remainder of this year as a honeymoon 'cos they're bleak at the moment, but if he doesn't deliver La Liga (or the CL if he qualifies) in 2019/20 he's toast - they don't f*** about, these Madrid Senior Management johnnies. Rant over and feel free to disagree - your call.

Last edited: October 30, 2018
    Bazza47 likes this.
  20. Bazza47

There is little doubt, if any, that the debacle with the stadium/s is starting to take a heavy toll on players and staff. Perpetual away games are making them weary of it all.

The vagueness of this latest club announcement, or lack of insightt, sees us waiting until early December to know more. Do I really think the month of December to run two test events is going to be an easy diary to plan in, not.

Overlay a demanding and competitive Nations Cup, or whatever they call it, and this season will tire the players even more than 2017-18. Absorbing all the negative vibes can't be doing them or us any good.
    I'm getting a little concerned.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button