Hammer Time

Discussion in 'Featured' started by Felon82, October 19, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Spurporter

Spurporter Active Member

Hammers are not what they used to be. I can bet they will play Europa League next season. They are the well coached club. Our fringe players did not look dominant, therefore.
    I am seeing winning both next 2 games, if Eriksen is back. Our back 4 are equal to Mancity. Our Son-Kane-Lamela trio is as good as City's no matter who they play upfront. The only problem we have is to keep them healthy, as we have nothing for replacement, unlike the opposition. That leaves MF as our lesser group. But if Wanyama plays at his 80 per cent, we will have good chance.

2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

I wished I shared your opti,ism Spurporter.....

burnt and Felon82 like this.
  3. palmover New Member

Having seen spurs lift trophies in the past when spurs were known as a cup team and now knowing the aim is not to win trophies but to finish in the top four makes me sad.

I love the CL so am happy spurs are in the tournament , however, a net spend of 3om over 5 years including 3 yrs in CL says it all. None of the CL money is going into player investment.

Llorente, Gkn, Kwp and Janssen are never used by Botch so why weren't they sold in the Summer? Selling them could have raised 25-30m.

Dembele, Verts and Toby can all leave in the summer for 25m. Dembele should have been sold and toby and verts made offers they couldn't refuse. If spurs lose all those players at once they will be impossible to replace especially verts.

Ce has a year and half left on his contract, why did the club allow it to go below 2yrs? Spurs should have went in for Kovicik sorry about the spelling and sold Ce if he wasn't ready to sign.

Spurs best chance of a trophy is the EPL still think city will win it but if Botch can come up with better tactics than the last time spurs played city, spurs could get something out of the game.

Bazza47 likes this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Lloris is a complete liability , he's cost us that game tonight again running about in no man's land for no reason absolute clown!

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  5. Peter reed Guest

cant believe that idiot Lloris again.Last week he saves us this week he costs us any chance of staying in champions league.I now hope we decide to throw in the towel and don't qualify for the Thursday drag.Can anybody explain why our best player last game and our England international winks did not start instead of the walking yellow card dembele.I still think alde is not as dominant as he was especially as his buddy verts is not playing

6. burnt Well-Known Member

Lloris had another brain fart but our defending for the goal is what cost us the game lads . Even with ten men we should have held on there .. It was chronic again , five of our lads all on top of each other on a sixpence and no one picking up their men . Our defending this year to date is woeful unfortunately .

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  7. Bazza47

What Lloris did tonight was nothing short of criminal. Those fans who travelled, us watching here, those around the world, do not deserve to pay good many, travel thousands of miles, spend loads of dough, to see the club captain commit such an error of judgement.

He so didn't need to do that. As soon as I saw him coming it was game over. His brain is F****d after the drink drive conviction. I'd sell him in January. He's been a risk for a long time.

FFS

burnt, Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Anyone can make a mistake now and then thats fine but Hugo is and has been a liability now for many a big game and big occasion , yes in the past he has pulled off some outstanding saves but when the mistakes become more frequent than the good then his position is unforgiving.
    He's not commanding of his box, distribution and decision making is poor and as a Captain & Leader he inspires no confidence or drive all he has is the odd reflex save which will only decline.

burnt and Gordon Mc like this.
  9. palmover New Member

In 2016/17 spurs had a finely balanced team, it had pace Rose/Walker, it had power Dem/wan it had a solid def, verts, Toby and it had goals ali, Ce and kane. The current team is weaker at RB and CM. Spurs could probably get away with the fb's at present however, against top 5 quality teams their weakness is exposed, walker should not have been sold.

Age and injury have caught up with Dem/wan and Dier just doesn't cut it. How a Cm was not seen as critical is beyond belief. Dier's passing is slow and predictable, spurs need a more agile quick thinking player in this role who can pass quickly and sets off the plays Axel Witsel joined Dortmund for 20m surely within spurs price range and he is way better than Dier. Arnatovic joined the spam for 25m last season i would much rather him in the squad than llorente or janssen. Traroe joined wolves for 18m i would much rather have this guy in the squad than Gkn. When spurs say there aren't players to improve the team/ squad at the right price it makes me laugh, the players are out there you just have to scout them.

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Too much time spent playing poker with Aston Villas financial problems trying to squeeze a buck out of a deal for a very average player.
    Levy is the problem and although Poch has to work with him he too looks totally uninterested during windows , Fergie would pick players up from airports etc to ensure he got the players he wanted in.
    Poch likes to waffle and hide, then speaks up a little once the horse has bolted.
    At the moment no CL money is going back into the team, no investment at all, the ownership are a joke debts spiralling etc

11. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

I reckon Poch's plan B, when Plan A is patently not working, is to keep using plan A 'til it costs us the game. Play out from the back - even though everyone knows by now that we do that EVERY time -with a goalkeeper who regularly flits from a moment of brilliance to a period of mind-numbing stupidity. Two-speed middle of the park football - dead slow and stop - and then give it to H, who by now is looking like the player he was when he first started out: slow and indecisive, seemingly (hopefully only temporary) gone are the games when he terrified defenders. Our heroes of only a season or so ago are mostly still there - Rose, Dele, Verts, Toby, Son, Eriksen & Harry - but none are delivering on a sustained basis for whatever reason. The ones I've left out - Aurier, Winks, Sissoko,Wanyama - I'm not even considering as "where are they's" and a manager who looks at his shoes more often than he does at the pitch, giving me the impression that he's become totally disinterested. Monday night looks a fast approaching train-wreck. Oh the pain.

Last edited: October 25, 2018
    Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  12. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Haha brilliant :D:D:D

13. Spurporter

Spurporter Active Member

Ooops... I suggested to sell Hugo over a month ago. We dominated the game, which is rarity as of late and should have pocketed 3 points. Now we have to get some wins to move to Europa.

burnt and Bazza47 like this.
  14. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

That's what's wrong - far too much should have, could have and absolutely no did do.

burnt, Spurporter and Bazza47 like this.
  15. Peter reed Guest

I have been listening to a phone in on talk sport as to discuss have Spurs improved since their last trophy under Ramos.although most fans said they had they still want a trophy.I am amazed how all the presenters on this program think Pochetino is a god worshipped by the players and no one mention that he has managed a few clubs but has never won anything.Ithink he has done a reasonable job but I am afraid he leaves a lot to be desired in my eyes as I don't see passion as per the Man City and liver pool managers.Dreading the game on Sunday made worse that the scum are starting to look like top four definites

Gordon Mc, Felon82 and Bazza47 like this.
  16. Bazza47

So very true palmover - painful to hear the excuses, with Poch speaking DL's words on squad strength.

Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  17. Cheshuntboy Guest

When Pochettino took over in 2014, Spurs weren't in crisis; we'd just finished 6th with 69 points, but we'd certainly fallen back from Redknapp's two top fours in three years, and needed re-focusing. Most of our best players were already at the club, and the newcomers were really an unexpected bonus; no one (but NO ONE) expected Alli to start at the absolute top of his game (and has he already shot his bolt?), while Alderweireld had been around for a few years without pulling-up trees, but credit where it's due; Pochettino coached them into a good, but not good enough, team for a couple of years to 2017. They've undeniably gone backwards since then, and I've seen nothing to suggest that this team under this manager can recover, even to the extent of a top four spot, given that the transfers have been patchy at best, while the much-vaunted academy has produced one fringe first-teamer in Winks, and nothing else. Above all, Pochettino himself seems distracted and distant - he took Levy's loot back in the summer and probably lost his self-respect in the process - altogether a pretty poor outlook (but the stadium is certainly very shiny!).

Bazza47, Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  18. Spurporter

Spurporter Active Member

Yes, Spurs screwed up, yet we are not a hopeless losers this group is picturing. There is nothing like "absolutely no did do". We had and and still have some irreplaceable performers out injured. If we win Monday, we are top of EPL. What is wrong? Absolutely nothing. It is a game. You may be down, just pick yourself up. We are consistently top 6 club striving to be regular top 4. I do not see any valid reasons why we cannot win nex 3 games in UCL and move to next round. We need to start with Monday win. COYS!!!

Last edited: October 26, 2018
  19. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Active Member

I respect your views but differ totally. Who are the irreplaceables ? Dele - could have been considered 2 years back, but his progression has stalled badly since. Rose - was an undisputable first choice but somewhat blunted by injuries now: if he's irreplaceable it's only because Ben Davies is far from it. Wanyama - ditto on the injuries front. None are irreplaceable at all unless, when fit, they start to deliver a damn sight better than they've been doing for quite a while. I can't think of anyone else other than Vertonghen and he is, granted, a huge miss. As for "no valid reasons why we cannot win the next 3 CL games" - I've seen enough evidence in the first three to suggest we might not win any of the remaining ones. Seriously.

Last edited: October 26, 2018
    palmover likes this.
  20. Felon82 Well-Known Member Blogger

Well some rumours emerging that Real Madrid r sniffing about for Pochettino and may just put an actual bid in for him......

Should've been backed and backed properly these last 2 years instead he was left to hang out to dry while his well oiled machine has not been serviced and is now idling.

If a solid offer comes in for him who could blame him for going?
    He wasn't backed and isn't likely to be...

I've said it before il say it again he is flogging a dead horse at Spurs!
    Just like our last 25 years of support , until there's significant investment in the Team (not buildings) every Manager or Group of players will constantly be hamstrung.

The Ownership is a money sucking penny pinching parasite that now has us in the biggest debt in Europe and flirting with yet another Transition.

The squad needed a shake up/freshen up everyone knew it and the club ignored it and truth be known its because of the absolute shambles of a stadium project thats haemorraging money and that's been grossly mismanaged and completely over the top.

palmover, burnt and Gordon Mc like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button