Group H-elp!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, August 24, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So that's how the Draw went, that's the task ahead, that's what we have to look forward to.

Now when you first see it you think Christ that's a toughie lady luck has abandoned us there, but I am a true believer that if you want to be the best you have to relish the challenge - not duck it.

Real are the stand out favourites, Dortmund have a lot of quality and are a big side, but I don't think it's impossible for us to qualify if we approach the competition right.

This is where Poch really needs to develop his game tactically.

Real are on another level, but Dortmund aren't, so we need to ensure results over a blinkered philosophy. Away draws and Home wins are essential in European competition and the sides picked/used should reflect this. And of course taking maximum points from Apoel.

They owe it to the fans to at least put in a display after last year's dismal effort - what's the point of being there.

I actually think having a tougher group could be a blessing as we seem to have an air of thinking we can swan around in Europe like we've done something when we face on paper lesser sides.

Hopefully the glamour sides will get us mentally right and up for it.

1st would be great 2nd is achievable 3rd sloppy 4th unacceptable.

The Dortmund games will be key I think.

COYS

Bazza47 likes this.
  2. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Harder than last year - so we're out and best players will leave !

3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Ouch. It will be a good performance to progress out of the group, but at the end of the day you have to beat the best to be the best.
    Madrid at Wembley....an occasion for sure.

COYS

Let's see if we've learnt anything Deggsy....tough for sure.

Nomadico likes this.
  4. barney Guest

oh ye of little faith. just enjoy the ride. the goons would love to swap places with us. this is our time
    c.o.y.s

Nomadico likes this.
  5. NYSpursFan Guest

Let us raise our glasses and lower our expectations...

bruski likes this.
  6. Thinking the group is harder is bullshit. harder for us means it's harder for the other teams too. The battle for second place is bewteen us and BD and thats where we need to focus and take 4 points form the 2 games, same with Apoel and 1 point form real, that should do nicely and it is not impossible.

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

You lose a match after 90min's not before you even kick off,if the players want it enough, and the fans push them the extra mile, then anything can happen..COYS

Bazza47 likes this.
  8. Patrick1965 Guest

Europa cup final versus the Gooner scum

Bazza47 likes this.
  9. johnnyhrvat Guest

We strived for CL football to be able to play, and test ourselves against the best teams in Europe. What is the point of reaching this point and playing against the minnows, although Woolwich fans always seemed to want that option.
    We will be up for the games against Real and BD, but I worry about APOEL.
    Can't wait to see Dele Alli winding up Ramos.

10. bruski

bruski Active Member

Yep. Enjoy the ride and the fantastic games ahead. Real and Dortmund are going to be shop windows for our best so I am confident they will be at the top of their game, which at least gives us an outside chance of going through. Next season......is next season.
    Either way, fantastic times being a Lillywhite!
    COYS!

Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.
  11. Spurporter Well-Known Member

I am skeptical. How much those tough groups helped Citizens over last seasons? I would swap places with them this year. On the other hand such a group is a valid excuse for early exit from CL and focus on more attainable trophies. Looking forward to matches, nevertheless. COYS!!!

Bazza47 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button