Eriksen is better than Modric

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, February 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Burnt Guest

So by your reckoning every international teams best player is world class is that what your saying .. Thats the way it came across on the post .. Thats what im talking about , not weather Erikson is world class or not .. looks like your having a few problems comprehending posts yourself .. Practice what you preech ..

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Yawn........ Spurs are doing well right now. Fact.
    Stimulate debate. Fact.
    Sometimes positive fact.
    Sometimes negative fact.
    Forum. Divides opinion. Fact.

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Seriously Burnt, at no point did i say every national sides best player is world class you have interpreted this.
    (I wont hold this against you though)

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Havn't been able to get on the site lately, have I missed much?

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  5. Burnt Guest

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Of His National Team, Not Everyone and Denmark are no San Marino.

Give it up Burnt how petty is this becoming?

7. burnt Guest

Lol .... The irony of it ..

8. Face Guest

Modric has always been overrated and for most part was a spurs pirate who saw the club as a stepping stone and never really fully care about the club, Erickson can passed and can finished by far a better player guarantee before its said and done his name will go down in Spurs folklore as one of the favorite spursan .

9. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Probably leaving it a bit late to weigh into this one but have to say that its a bit difficult to compare Luka with anyone. Its a waste of time trying to categorise or define such a player as Modric by his stats because they just don't do him justice. Not a goal scorer, and for me not really a playmaker as such, more of a midfield maestro able to control the tempo from a deep position with an innate ability to know when to push or to pull, or when to hold or to release. Even Madrid didn't really know what they'd bought or what to do with him at first and most in Spain called him a flop until they saw how majestically he creates space and pulls the MF strings and brings others into the game.
    Eriksen on the other hand is a goal scorer and a playmaker and if he's not world class then he's class and not far away from it, who cares its just opinions anyway. Any player that can run his socks off and fight for every ball as much as he does and still come up with such beautifully taken late goals to win a game is a very special player and I hope the club does everything possible to keep him here, he's got captain material written all over him. If only he could take a corner.

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Wow so much spite and hatred generated over a simple topic.

My main point was always originally that as being effective as the heartbeat of the side in the PLAYMAKERS role Eriksen delivers much more than what Modric did in his time at Spurs.

Modric was a great player at dictating tempo and his distribution was great but he lacked that killer instinct which had he contributed himself more in the attacking sense maybe we wouldnt have fallen short as often.

People can say he was Deep Lying but we often played a 451 which was essentially a 4231 with him central given the reigns to create in the centre of the park, like Eriksen. And the dynamics have changed slightly but essentially they are/were still the PLAYMAKER whos role is to influence the game going forward.

Again Modric GREAT PLAYER and could/did influence the game massively, but nothing Influences a game more than a goal which is where i feel that Eriksen is an improvement on Modric because his influence on transition from defence to attack is more potent in terms of end product!

You can have all the dictation of possesion in the world, u can control the tempo, keep the ball, play pretty passes, fancy tricks, flicks etc but if you cant put the ball in the net you cant win games. And it is the Duty of the playmaker to make these things happen Modric never did this enough.

notnats likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button