Bridging the gap

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 1, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Spurs can still win the league but I can't see Leicester doing anything other than beating
    Everton. By the way, not so long ago Spurs fans were clamouring for Martinez and LVG. A lucky escape on 2 counts me thinks.

Title aside, Spurs must win against Chelsea. Although our superior goal difference has today assured us a top 4 finish, the job is not yet done and the squad must now prove that they are the real deal. The Woolwich Wanderers are a mere 2 points behind and we have to finish them off. Other than in points, Spurs have been the best team in the league this season. Goals, goals conceded, entertainment, English players. The best bar none.

Chelsea will play the game of their lives tomorrow. The thought of surrendering their title to us is, for them, unthinkable. If it does come down to the final game of the season, Chelsea will lie down. Chelsea are not a club where professionalism has ever mattered.

This has been an unexpected season. Forget Leicester. Before this season started, I had no optimism at all. I thought top 6 was beyond us. I was unconvinced by Poch and of course ready to twist the knife into Levy.
    But I was wrong. Poch has proved himself to be a no nonsense manager. He doesn't care about reputations and he loves the club. With Poch at the helm, this squad,with a few additions, will win the title. Anyone who doubts that is more pessimistic than me. If that is at all possible!!

As for Levy, my mind will never change on that. In some things I am stubborn and as far as Daniel goes, I will never be his number one fan.

What we should all accept though is that Spurs have been superb this season. Yes, we have dropped points that if we had not could have seen us win the league. But overall the football has been exhilarating and I have absolutely no idea as to when Spurs last had the best defence!!!

It will be hostile at the Bridge but we are going to a broken bridge. Let's go there, win and show everyone that we are Tottenham, super Tottenham from the Lane!!!

2. Del Guest

Listen the title is out of our hands and we've gotta congratulate Leicester for a phenomenal season and race !! All I see wether it be by interview or social media is chelski fans, players and staff saying that they are gonna put an end to our slim title hopes? Well our players need to feed off that and go there without fear and give them a right go even if we don't win at least we go there and fight till the last second!!!! We can leave their broken bridge wiv our heads held high and be proud of what poch and the lads have given us fans this year 2nd place is still a massive step forward which we can build on for next season and we now know what it's gonna take for us to be crowned champions next year so COYS were all behind u let's finish this season strong and you'll never know what's around the corner YID ARMY!!!

3. Smile Guest

One off season just like liverpool never have won the premier leauge mever will everyone knows this joke club

4. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Mattj78, let me congratulate you and all supporters here with UCL qualification of our beloved Spurs.
    Next thing I will congratulate you with should be the finish above wanderers. You need to wait for that.
    These are the things that are within Spurs ability to control. Title race has never been thought of as a possibility, so let us go with lower hanging fruit, then another and, if title drops in our lads hands (it is mathematically possible!),then we all should be on top of the world! I can see that day coming now, if not this season , then in the upcoming ones.
    As far as Chairman is concerned, no one should be thinking of ourselves as supporters of Levy FC. We support THFC and always will. COYS!!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. johnnyhrvat Guest

In a few seasons we could be calling this stadium 'The Three Pont Bridge'.
    There are plenty of managers, and even more players, that fans have clamoured for, and hindsight has proven those managers and players would have been a disaster. Expect more clamouring for waste-of-money players this close season.
    As for Levy - if you look at many club chairmen, a number of them just puppets for foreign owners stripping the clubs of all their assets, we ain't doing too badly.
    Mentality is the key for the last three games - maybe the leaders will be Huth-less until the end of the season, but you are right, I can see Chelski gifting the title if it comes down to the last game.

6. Tottenhamlover

Tottenhamlover Member

I am also not Levys no 1 fan but he must be praised for "verbally agreeing" the deal with Poch.

John Pitt likes this.
  7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Chavs will give it their all tonight, ending our slim title chance is their last glimmer of light in a pathetic season for them.
    (Small club, Small Mentality)
    How are we to approach the game? After the disappointment of the 'Great Wall of Pulis' the players all looked deflated like they knew the title was over, if we havent shaken that feeling off we could struggle tonight.
    We have bucked the trend of numerous frailties in the Spurs DNA this year but 1 still stands out- getting the result when it counts most.
    Lets take 3 points from the Bridge and leave as the Undisputed best team in London this year!!!

Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  8. Ceejay Guest

Why you hanging around our site then, dopey.Or can't you read!
    Bitter Spammer, Manure,Arsewipe,Chelski,Manshitty,or what, go away and play with your dolls.Coys.

John Pitt and Mattj78 like this.
  9. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

I keep looking at the clock.....it's still three hours away ffs......how can that be. Is this the longest Bank Holiday Monday ever, or what....

With every game a must win, these Monday matches have been painful to endure as supporters, so it must be tough for the Lads.

This was always going to be very challenging, made more so by Cheski wanting to finish off our challenge for the title they currently hold.

It is going to be frantic tonight and I'm not sure we will see 11 versus 11 at the end. We must remember however that we have a great defence and the top PL goal scorer, so we're not going to roll over.

Not sure I can cope with much more - come on lads lets do it......!!

COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

As you quite rightly say Matt...."this has been an unexpected season". In so many ways we have totally exceeded our individual and collective expectations - absolutely no doubt. Best at everything .....but.....in these last three games we need to show our (young) character. Let Hugo, Jan and Toby lead the way, so that we all, fans and players alike take something massive away from this season.....COYS

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button