Bridge Battle 2? Chelsea Vs Spurs 17:30

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The scene of last years title capitulation is the venue for Spurs return to Premiership action following their embarrassing and inept performance at Monaco as they feebly bowed out of the Champions league at the first hurdle.

Things gave changed since last years visit to the Bridge. Leicester are now in relegation form and Chelsea are a much different beast to last season. From what I've seen of them they are organised and playing some fast, attacking football. Spurs remain unbeaten in the league but the football has been far from easy on the eye. Man City aside and parts of the Stoke game, Spurs have been pretty dull to watch. Very slow, little to no width and Kane aside, a team that lacks cutting edge. More worrying is the lack of chances created.

Last time out Spurs returned to winning ways with a last gasp comeback to down the Hammers but the win served to paper over some glaring cracks. Dier is low on confidence and the back line is starting to look shaky without Toby who for me is a natural leader and someone who should be captain.
    Son is erratic at best, Eriksen seems to be on holiday , Janssen looks lost and Dembele has returned to the disinterested player of 2 years ago.

With injuries mounting, the Spurs line up is anyone's guess but for what it's worth, here is my team:

Lloris, Walker, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Alli, Winks, Dembele, Wanyama, N'Koudou, Kane, Son.

And that team shows Spurs problem right now. A complete lack of depth. A lack of quality. Let's just hope we can win and play well. If we play poorly and win, I won't complain too much, but I'm not confident. At all.

Come on you Spurs!

2. johnnyhrvat Guest

I am trying to look on the positive side, forgetting midweek and remembering that we are unbeaten and have conceded less goals than Chelsea in the league. However, due to out left back situation the starting X1 has to be a bit of a compromise.
    Lloris
    Dier - Wimmer - JV
    Walker - Winks - Wanyama - N'Koudou
    Son - Alli
    Kane
    If Kane is not 100% put Janssen in his place (I think he could do a good job winding up Luiz) and bring a fresh Kane on early second half.

3. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

No confidence in this game today at all. We just do not have the quality to compete with a Chelsea that only have domestic football. Tues was a must win game so 1st team players were rested! For what? To finish top four then not even try to get in last 16 of CL! We had our chance in CL. We won't be in it next year, Chelsea will see you that starting today!!

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Poch and the Team owe the fans a performance today as wots been served up recently is simply unnacceptable.
    The more i look at our Summer window the more of a shambles it looks and if its Poch calling the shots its his fault that we lack width pace depth and quality.
    But i spose with a Chairman that pays players peanuts the talent pool is limited.

5. spursforlife Guest

Well Chelsea 2-1 spurs
    Our first loss of the season.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button