Bouncebackability

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Spurs were dreadful against the Toon and today we were better. Not outstanding but better. And we left St Mary's with 3 points and a clean sheet so it was job done and into fourth place we go.

Both goals were of outstanding quality and Alli was much more disciplined today. Kane worked hard but actually kept to his post in which he failed to do throughout the Newcastle game.

The Kane goal was our Tottenham. Tottenham of today and Tottenham of yesteryear. Beautiful football finished by a top player.
    Alli then added a second and it was cruise control.

The only real criticism I have is that we sat back too much and on a different day we could have dropped 2 points or even all 3. Thankfully the Saints were dreadful in the final third and we head into The festive period in 4th and with winnable games to play.

Leicester won again today and really could be in a title tilt if they keep everyone fit. United are appalling and dropping fast.

We have no better chance than this season. To not finish in the top 4 would be failure.

Good win Spurs. Needed win.

2. Mick

Mick Member

After last week a great result. Main worry is lack of goals around the team. Will not make 4th unless others start scoring. Hoping we can sort that out in January and pick up the points in the next few fixtures to put us right in the mix. Strange season but top. 4 looks realistic and best chance we have had for a while

71yid and Jonesy like this.
  3. Frankles Guest

were **** for 45 mins against newcastle, great in the first half

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

A much needed win at St Mary's - well done boyz/Poch. Two good goals and a clean sheet; exactly what was needed after last week. It was all about getting the 3 points today IMO.

Now it's important to improve on the "performance" and maintain this over 90 mins.

Top 4 is up for grabs and for a number of clubs, without a doubt. For us, we must keep the focus and prepare for each battle at a time. Feet on the floor and all that...

6 points from the next 2 fixtures is imperative.

COYS make my Xmas!

Mattj78, Nomadico and John Pitt like this.
  5. papillon Guest

"The only real criticism I have is that we sat back too much and on a different day we could have dropped 2 points or even all 3."

I disagree. Last week we were too open in the 2nd half and gave Newcastle too much room. Today we were much less open and much tighter. Mane, Tadic & Pelle are probably better than Newcastles front three. It's just that last week we were too open and Newcastle profited from the room given them. You're only as good as your opponent lets you be; today Spurs, in the 2nd half, didn't give Southampton the room to impress.

Nomadico, Rooster20 and John Pitt like this.
  6. papillon Guest

Watford will be a tough game. They have two strikers who are on fire at the moment, scoring goals for fun. Capoue will also want to impress against his former team. He has been very impressive for Watford this season.

Mattj78, Nomadico and John Pitt like this.
  7. burnt Guest

Great result .. Not the most fluent of performances but dogged at the right times and thats a huge part of the game too .. Great to get 3 points when not at your best , the shoe,s been on the other foot enough of times this season .. The turkey will def taste a bit better now ... C.O.Y.S ...

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  8. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Just seen on MOTD - Dembele was sorely missed against Newcastle. Haven't been his biggest fan in recent years but he really looks the real deal right now!

Mattj78, Nomadico and Deggsy56 like this.
  9. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Not forgetting Gomez in goal !!

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It will be very interesting to see the clash between Capoue and Ali both have a temper and Capoue with a point to prove could be fireworks, as for Gomez a clown will always be a clown,lets deal with Norwich first.....

Mattj78 likes this.
  11. Nomadico Well-Known Member

With a win tonight Watford could be a hard match but let us take care of Norwich first, if we play like we did yesterday then the game should be no problem,but I think we should give more game time to Son,he needs a run out before he gets to stale,keep the bench the same maybe add Josh the team should be the same but Poch must control the bookings before we lose any are suspended with xmas here we need a full house.....

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Watford play a similar style to us so it could be a very dull game with both teams cancelling the other out. These are the games were Poch has show a plan B. With pool losing today and United very poor, we again have a chance to make a clear statement of intent.

Nomadico and 71yid like this.
  13. burnt Guest

Think we,ll have to play better then we did yesterday , it was an ordinary enough performance i taught .. Our last 3 performances haven't been up to the standard we,ve set this season ... Just because we won doesn't automatically mean we played well , like earlier in the season when we weren't winning the performances were actually quiet good , far better then yesterday or any of the last 3 i.m.o .. While the result ultimately is all that matters , it doesn't necessarily tell the full story .. Just like ourselves i bet the scousers had a look at the fixtures a couple of weeks ago and taught here we go , now's our chance to make some ground with some easy or favourable fixtures coming up , alas both of us lose against barcodes and draw against W.Brom then they go and get hockeyied against Watford and we beat the Saints away witch was prob the most difficult looking one of ours on paper .. Unpredictable doesn't seem to do it justice .. Its crazy what's happening in this LG at the moment .. No question the top 4 door is wide open this year but just who's going to take advantage is anyones guess ..

Mick, 71yid, Nomadico and 1 other person like this.
  14. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Up to now Poch has never had a plan B and I do not see him changing for this match,I can not see it being dull due to the possible fireworks, this could be a game where cards play a big part;with so many games we have to play a few of the bench players with Clint out we will need Son to step up,we have 4th place for the first time this season I hope we do not bottle it again. but to keep it will be a lot harder starting with Norwich.....

71yid likes this.
  15. big fran Guest

Not sure on the similar style bit but Watford defo a decent outfit in particular at home. Son by in large has been a disappointing signing this far. A bright(ish) start followed by his injury seems to have halted his integration into the 11.

Nomadico likes this.
  16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Son has had a stop/start to his season,the injury has not helped but I think with game time he will again start to find his form and with Clint out he has the chance to step up,as pointed out on this site many times where is plan B??I would like to see plan A work first!!!Another run is needed to stay in the top 4 with all the teams dropping points we are well placed.....

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Fran thats a bit Harsh on Son, when he is playing and fit he gives us the clever movement and pace that we so desperately lack going forward.

Nomadico likes this.
  18. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Is this the plan B you talk about Felon?? I hope so, Son adds that extra spice up front but he HAS to have a run other wise we will never see the player we had before the injury,the goals he hit were great,if Poch can rest Eriksen as he looks jaded we should be able to add another formation plan B maybe.....

19. big fran Guest

Just the way I see it felon. Not writing him off or nothing just not cutting it at present. Not a fan of chadli and Townsend looks to be on his bike. Eriksen is playing out wide but is more of a no 10 for me and hardly ripping trees up. Lamela is playing well but its more graft than craft from him so I would be looking at bringing in a wide forward as a priority signing more so than a CF.
    Would not be against a no 10 to add
    Some much needed competition.

Nomadico likes this.
  20. burnt Guest

Just a taught but is it a case of the 3 behind are doing too much work and its suffocating there natural ability a wee bit .. We,re deff going to need more creativity and goals from that trio if we,re going to meet our targets this season i.m.o .... love to see a young Teddy Sheringham playing in that so called No10 role ...

Felon82, Mattj78 and Nomadico like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button