Ade Bye Gone

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 15, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

So, at last it happened. A few short days ago Emmanuel Adebayor parted company and not before time. He has been a drain on Spurs resources for far too long and the whole saga left a sour taste in the mouth.

What always frustrated about Ade was the fact that he is a good footballer. He can score goals and can perform at the highest level. Under Sherwood he had a mini Renaissance but once that was over, he went back to the sulky mercenary he will be forever remembered as.

Now he has no contract, he will no doubt turn up at another club and while he is playing for a contract, he will probably score plenty of goals. It's what he does.

I wonder whether he is actually a stable person. He witnessed some of his national team mates executed and has much publicised issues with own family with suggestions of 'magic' being at work.

Whatever the future for Adebayor, I for one am glad he is gone from Tottenham and off the payroll.

I am certain however this circus may roll into town again before long!

2. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Adebayor was good when Adebayor wanted to be. He was our mercenary forward, Zlatan-like at times, but for the most part he was an over-paid ex-Gooner stuck up front.

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Hes mainly let himself down of everyone, had the talent if he applied himself but believed he was greater than he ever was so expected it all to fall at his feet.

I believe a managers like Redknapp n Tim will get the best out of a player like Ade because they know the potential and return you get if you nuture his complex nature.

The AvBs n Pochs of this world are a lot more focussed on robotic like methods/systems these do not cater for personalities hence Ade being a disaster under their leadership.

Which is the best way to manage him?

When hes on the astronomical wage we were paying him personally id like him earning every penny with his returns on the pitch especially when you consider for some time it was an awful Soldado that was his only competition. Thats down to mis management imo.

And this isn't a poor hard done by Ade speech the bloke is nothing but a drama!
    But we all knew what you get with Ade, everyone but the clever Buisness man it seems who not only buys him, gives him a long lucrative contract but also sets about firing 2 managers that can get a tune out of him and replacing them with managers that will never get a tune out of him.

And the circus continues.

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I wonder where he will turn up next? Probably in the U.S. Or China. They'll love him there.
    And are welcome to him.

5. J O'Neill New Member

100 grand a week and he needs a manager who understands him ? a witch doctor maybe ? no, Ade was, and is, a useless piece of junk, and we're well rid of him, here's hoping he ends up with the hammers

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

On his day, and when he decides to turn up, Ade is/was a quality striker. In our shirt, he tore Liverpool and Chelski apart and was certainly a much needed upgrade on Crouch. Unfortunately, once Arry went it didn't work and Felon hit the nail on the head re. the other robotic managers and philosophies etc etc.

It was right to part ways. However, lets not forget his goal celebration for City against the goons :) To run the length of the pitch and enrage them was simply beautiful!

All the best Ade - keep throwin the shapes.

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. guesty Guest

to run the length of the pitch to do that proves what an idiot he is

8. johnnyhrvat Guest

I knew it would be bad when he signed but many fans were saying how great it was. The press were saying he had one good season for Spurs, scoring 17 goals, but if you take out the penalties and the goals scored when games were already won (eg 2 against 9-man Liverpool when we were already two up) it turned into a pretty poor return. If you did stats on how many times he missed great chances or gave the ball away leading to a goal conceded he wouldn't even make a Sunday-League team. I wanted to see the back of Benny and Ade for so long and they both went the same way - contract terminated.
    A great day for Spurs.

9. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Sherwood said he will sign Ade in Jan, if he wishes to play for AVFC..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button