Yedlin arrival, Schneiderlin agreement and future Asian signings

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, August 14, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

Tottenham Hotspur yesterday confirmed that talented United States youngster DeAndre Yedlin would be joining the club, however confusion still resides over when he will move to White Hart Lane.

The official line from the club was that DeAndre Yedlin “will remain with Seattle Sounders before joining us ahead of the 2015/16 season.”

But, Seattle Sounders provided a different line, they revealed Yedlin “will remain with Sounders until end of 2014 MLS season.”

Yedlin arrival all depends on situation at club

So when will Yedlin move to north London? Nobody seems to know except Seattle based journalist Matt Pentz, perhaps.

Pentz has been ahead of most in regard to the transfer of the young American and he believes the defender could move to White Hart Lane in January or at the end of the 2014/15 season.

It all depends on how things are at Tottenham with regard to performances and personnel but it seems Yedlin may move to north London sooner than we initially expected.

On the move, Tottenham Journal quoted the player as saying:

“Tottenham is a great team with a new coach and a style that suits the way I play. That ‘s a big reason I made the decision.”

Spurs fans will be hoping to see Yedlin running up and down the right flank at White Hart Lane this season, though, and not in a years time.

Positive news regarding Frenchmen

There is apparently positive news regarding Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, who is claiming he has a gentleman’s agreement with his current club that would allow him to leave.

The Daily Mail believe the agreement was in place when the French midfielder signed a new contract in February 2013.

New Saints manager Ronald Koeman has claimed he won’t sell Schneiderlin, but an offer of £15 million would apparently be enough to prize him away from the south coast club.

Whether or not this information from the Daily Mail is accurate is hard to figure out but the midfielder would certainly represent a good signing if he did move for just £15 million.

King looking for next Asia star

Finally, former defender Ledley King has fly out to China today on a scouting mission to find talented players from Asia.

The former England defender is settling into his new coaching role at the club and will be in China for ten days looking to find some new players

Former player hopeful of finding someone special

Speaking to the Daily Mail about the trip, King said:

“A hundred or so local kids take part and I’ll be whittling the numbers down to come and train at the academy.

“For me it’s just to pick based on what I see and who I think has the chance of really making a career out of the game.

“This will be going on throughout the year. I’m over that side of the world a fair bit at the moment. I come back for a week and then I’m off to Malaysia before going back again out in October.”

King is hopeful of finding at least five players for the Tottenham Hotspur academy and who knows, King could unearth the next Asian superstar if he is lucky.

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Schneiderlin is a good player but we really do not need to spend 15 million on him. As for Yedlin, he looked great in the World cup and I would be happy to see him asap at the Lane. Naughton is not the best and Walker is overrated and makes far too many mistakes. More press speculation though as the new season approaches and the transfer window closes!

3. stevethespur Active Member

Surprised Yedlin wont be joining us for a bit, but hoped spurs would have spent some real money on the full back positions, as surely we could improve on the quality we have. Maybe Fryers can step up this term.
    Cant wait to beat the hammers ! Be interesting to watch Pochetinnos tactical strategy and how he molds this squad into his kind of team. Our talent got us through last season even when the team wasn't functioning well, but i guess the plan is that Poch organizes our disperate squad into a cohesive unit rather than individual brilliance getting us out of trouble. Its going to make for fascinating start. Coys.

Deggsy56 likes this.
  4. stevethespur Active Member

Just heard Tony Pulis has left Crystal Palace ! Game really is going crazy. How could they let him go ? The money men in suits think they know best, such suicidal arrogance. Spurs arent exempt from this kind of behaviour, as we know, but surely this even tops our ****-ups ! Feel for the Palace fans, even if their from south of the river ! Coys.

5. Bri Himself New Member

Schneiderlin would be a helpful addition but Spurs is loaded with quality midfielders.
    They shouldn't take him unless he is below $8 million. We need a striker much much mnore than another midfielder.

Deggsy56 likes this.
  6. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I think we can forget signing a new striker and I would expect to see Adebayor get the nod to start on Saturday against the Spammers. Lennon will be in a free role with Lamela just behind Adebayor. It will be a very high line so be prepared for palpitations as I still don't trust our back four but I think we will come away with our first three points of the season.

7. stevethespur Active Member

Be a real test at Upton Park. Wish i shared your confidence about the 3 points Matt, be a great start though and we owe them one for last season. In the Prem anything can happen, especially first game, be good to Lamela star. Coys.

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button