Will we be Saints or Sinners at St Mary's?

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 18, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

It's been an interesting week in football to say the least. Newcastle ended Spurs unbeaten run, Bournemouth turned over Manchester United and Chelsea lost yet again bringing about the sacking of the no longer special at all one.
    Now the dust is settling on all of that, it's nearly Saturday and match day. And for the second time in 3 weeks we are playing at 15:00 on a Saturday!!!

We head to St Mary's looking to bounce back with 3 points after what was a dismal performance against Newcastle at home.
    Spurs were slow and lethargic against the toon and were well beaten in the end with the boos ringing around the lane echoing throughout the following week.

Spurs remain 3 points off the top 4 but are also only 3 points above 10th and another defeat could change the direction of our season rather quickly. With games coming quickly over the festive period, maximum points is a must tomorrow and if we can take maximum points from our Xmas schedule, which looking at the opposition we should do, we could go onto the new year in the top four and still within touching distance of the very summit.

Dembele should return and after Carroll's poor showing, that has to be a good thing. We missed his strength and energy against the Toon. Lamela was our best player last time out and is expected to start. Eriksen has been far from his best recently but I would still expect him to start tomorrow.

Dele Alli is a raw talent but he needs to keep his discipline and also stop wandering off. There have been signs of a lack of control n the last 2 games and he must be watchful that his enthusiasm isn't channeled in the wrong way.

3 points are needed to make sure we stay on course for the top 4. They are also needed to avoid too much negativity creeping in amongst the fans.

As ever, Come on You Spurs!!!!!

Expected Line up:

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Alli, Lamela , Kane.

Nomadico and 71yid like this.
  2. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Dier!! You forgot our best MF, Matt! Also, I'd start with Eriksen on the bench and Chadli on the left.

3. Jim Guest

No way would I be starting Chadli. Two games doesn't make a season and I'd start the strongest possible based on a the epic October and November and that's starting Dier, Dembele and Alli with Lamela, Eriksen and Kane. Newcastle was ****, but I think they know that. We've had a weeks break, and they'll be ready. If not, then we can think again. No need to hit the panic button just yet guys

Nomadico likes this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well of our 'favourable fuxtures' list so far weve picked up 1 point from 2 games.
    We need to step it up and start gettin the 3 points in the bag.
    Think Poch might suprise us today with a 4231 formation?

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

How did I miss Dier!!! It was getting on a bit!!! I felt a tad Dier at the time!!!

6. burnt Guest

Said at the time ' beware of these so called favourable fixtures ' ... I don't think there's such a thing for anyone really this season ... Two teams today are stuttering a bit lately , Saints no win in 5 v Spurs one win in 5 , home advantage prob makes them slight favs in my book but its a difficult one to call .. We,re struggling to get wins even when we,re well on top this year hence 6 wins in 16 but prop had 14ish good performances .. All evidence so far this season would prob suggest another draw is the most likely outcome but we live in hope as always ..... C.O.Y.S ......

Nomadico and Felon82 like this.
  7. 71yid

71yid Member

Much needed win today after last sun. Nice to see Harry on the score sheet after recent results. Coys

John Pitt likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button