Wets hammered!!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 22, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a short review because I want you all to just enjoy what we saw today. Other than a mistake by Walker, who other than that was superb, we today played a team that has beaten Chelsea and Arsenal and we destroyed them. This is not over excitement, we destroyed them in every position.

Alli showed maturity yet again, I thought Dembele was magnificent, Son came in and it was like he had been in the squad for years, and Eriksen was sublime.
    Mason could and should have made it 5 and 6.

Kane was immense. Danny Rose is just getting better and better and Verts and Toby made Carrol anonymous.

That today was a joy. We attacked right until the last minute.

I have doubted Poch in the past but no more. This team is exciting, growing every game and it's now time to believe.

I enjoyed every minute of that. In fact I enjoyed every second.

Bring on Chelsea. In fact, I currently cannot see many teams beating this Spurs team.

Come on you Spurs. No negativity tonight everyone. We were awesome.

End of!!!!

Enjoy my friends, enjoy!!!!!

bruski, Remy Uwilin, Bazza47 and 2 others like this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

At last Coherent high pressing Football !!!

And what a time to put that grubby little lot in their place.

Yiddo yiddo, yiddo yiddo

COYS !!!!

3. Mattj78

I think it's fair to say that you and me are known for our negativity but now we are being positive, maybe it's time to really believe!!!!!

And how Brady will be crying now!!!

4. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Shoutout to the fans today who from half an hour onwards seldom stopped chanting 'you're ****' at the away end o.e.
    I'm gonna go through with some quick ratings to give me an excuse not to do work, so here goes:
    Lloris 8, had nothing to do and couldn't do anything about Lanzini's goal
    Walker 8, would have been 9/10 but arguably at fault for the goal. Wonderful finish down the other end too.
    Alderweireld 10, didn't put a foot wrong all game.
    Verts and Rose, 9, Carroll did nothing, Rose maybe lost his head on the odd occasion but nothing serious.
    Dembele 10. Stunning all round performance, technically sublime, physically monstrous, world class showing against an aging Mark Noble.
    Alli 8, daft booking but a great asset to this side.
    Dier 9, didn't do much wrong, like Alli and Dembele, would probably walk in all teams right now.
    Eriksen 9, always available, finally took a corner properly for second goal, what a player this boy is.
    Son 8 - here, there and everywhere, perhaps should have been a bit more influential but always looked incisive, if - at this moment - lacking an end product.
    Kane - 9 - first goal was brilliant, second compensated for the big chance that he missed in the first 45, a joy to watch.

Pochettino, 10 - right selection, right tactics, right style. Full credit to him here.

Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  5. 71yid

71yid Member

Absolutely agreed there. Hammers have dicked Gooners, red scousers, City and Chelski recently but we dominated proceedings today. Im just disappointed we didnt get more goals but then i might be a bit greedy.lol

6. Mattj78

Watch the highlights folks!!! We could have had 8 or 9 easily.

7. 71yid

71yid Member

Lol. Bring on chelski, its about time the balance of power shifted to the "original" team from North London. Coys

Mattj78 likes this.
  8. just a shame that Dele Alli is banned for the Chelsea game

9. 71yid

71yid Member

Yeah pity but i think we got enuff strength in depth so to speak. Hopefully Chelski wont turn up but u never know as our league record against them proves unfortunately. Like i said before, im optimistic all the same!

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. big frab Guest

Would expect dembele to play a little deeper with eriksen more central and lamela to come bk in. Shouldn't be a problem.

Mattj78 likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

What a sound sound performance - simply brilliant. Absolutely should have been 6 or 7 today - love it when we stuff that lot. Dembele, Dier, Alderweireld, Rose and Kane were top drawer.

Shame Alli lost his head and took a yellow; naive, but to be expected for a young lad still learning. He will be missed next week, just hope we can cover him (fingers crossed!).

Get 3 points next week and I really do think top 4 is well within our grasp...

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Indeed. And while watching these, take a moment and watch Cazorla's pen against the Baggies :) Still LMFAO!!!

13. Mattj78

........ Or even the title....???....

Jonesy likes this.
  14. Nobby Yid Guest

Brilliant performance and an absolute joy to watch us play like that today and tbh it could of been 7 we totally outclassed them! Toby and Jan are great together and Dier and Alli aswell, all have been revelations! Walker scores then gets sloppy but it didn't matter in the end, Super Harry keeps scoring and long may it continue but we do need another out and out striker in Jan and know knows where we could end up? so happy to beat them pikeys as it is there cup final, we have a great young side and i can only hope we can keep them all together and go onto great things, have to give Poch his due's as he has got us playing as a proper team, Coys.

15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Matt my old china you and I are far from negative we just tell it as we see it.
    A team that plays with heart and spirit will get my full backing because they deserve it.
    Which this team currently are and do.

Jonesy and Mattj78 like this.
  16. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Today was a banana skin for sure, or at least it would have been in the past.
    But back to back performances against them Gooners and Wet Spam that were truly brilliant to watch, show what a fast developing side we are.
    Before I've been vocal about lack of goals/chances, not any more. We are still only an injury away from losing a key player here or there, but the transfer window is 6 weeks away, so come on DL, do something right for the club and invest wisely in January.
    COYS

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  17. Bazza47

Now, now Matt, don't get carried away..

....we need to convert the draws into wins before we can think about that.

COYS

I'm just off to wallow in the second half and post match chit chat...even better when you know what's coming....

Mattj78 and Jonesy like this.
  18. Bazza47

That was priceless Jonesy wasn't it....shame....

Jonesy and Mattj78 like this.
  19. bruski

bruski Active Member

MMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMM MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO Poch and GO Spurs

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button