Welbeck NOT Tottenham bound

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 1, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The breaking news this evening is that Welbeck is having a medical at Arsenal and will not be Jong Tottenham Hotspur as had been widely reported.

Champions league an issue

It would appear that Welbeck has chosen Arsenal ahead of Spurs due to the fact that he wants to be playing in the Champions league and Tottenham cannot offer that to him.

This just goes to show that being in the Champions league is as important as ever if you want to sign your targets.

That said, Spurs have completed two transfers today and I wonder if that is the business.

Striking options

I am still slightly surprised not to see a striker or another attacking player on our radar though as I think scoring goals may be a big problem for us this season.

With the clock ticking down, it seems Welbeck is North London bound, but not to Spurs.

Maybe a surprise is waiting for us in the last few hours of the window.

2. Chris Guest

This is only what sky is reporting. The BBC is reporting that no deal has been struck with anyone and no medical has taken place. Which is it?!?!

3. spurs doyen Guest

We don't act quickly enough.
    We will struggle scoring goals,it will be the same Old story year in year out .if we don't signe a top striker.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Ady Guest

It's clear we lack pace up front so missing out on Wellbeck is a missed opportunity. Levi dithering is dragging our club down to mid table mediocrity and selling Sandro for £6 million is terrible business. He was the best player on the park against Limassol.
    We're going to end up with a transfer surplus proving we are a selling club. Poorest window I can remember for Spurs.

Felon82 likes this.
  5. Mattj78

I must say that selling Sandro for six million does not strike me as good business at all. I would have expected much more for a player of his calibre, and he is the sort of player who could keep QPR in the premier league this season.
    I am disappointed at his sale, but very disappointed at the amount accepted for someone who I believe will be sorely missed at Spurs.

6. Ray New Member

7. Ray New Member

Couldnt agree more woe ful up front and then adebayor off to african cup where does that leave us

8. Mattj78

I think the fact that Adebayor goes to the cup in January shows that there is a lack of planning somewhere.

9. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

I think we'll be better off w/o Adebayor. He was a waste of space on Sunday. I certainly won't miss him. You'll never no he's gone....

10. Mattj78

I simply cannot believe that Sandro has gone for only six million pounds. Poor, poor business.

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Levy has lost it big time, he is failing the club massively. We are going backwards under his totally inept 'leadership' its embarrassing.
    Wait un

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. Mattj78

I have tried very hard recently to avoid any of my favourite levy bashing, but I am surprised at his lack of activity this window and allowing Sandro to go for six million seems crazy to me.
    There is still a bit of time left but I cannot believe that either levy, baldini or Pochettino did not recognise the need for more striking options.

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button