We are on our way to Wembley!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Its finally arrived. After 5 long years away from Europe's top table, Tottenham Hotspur tonight get back to fighting the big guns. Exactly where we belong.
    There is a tinge of sadness that we won't be at White Hart Lane for the competition but with over 80,00 inside Wembley stadium, hopefully the Spurs faithful will make it a night to remember! That will depend on how many 'real' fans have been allocated tickets. If there are too many champagne and caviar fans, they could destroy the atmosphere as they don't tend to do much singing.
    I'm confident the Spurs fans will make Wembley rock tonight!!!

Tonight sees the very welcome return to the Spurs squad of Moussa Dembele and we have missed him. Wanyama has done okay but isn't a box to box player. There will be games when he will be a better option and he may even start tonight but Dembele is so strong and skilful that he adds much to Poch's style of play.

Son was excellent at Stoke and may start although Poch is likely to do some shuffling I would think. ( I'm going for what I think is the best team in my opinion)

Monaco have experience in the Champions league but Spurs have the squad and ability to win this game and set themselves up nicely to get through the group stages. Our group looks favourable and I would be extremely disappointed if we did not progress from the group. Winning at 'home' will be important and Poch will need to make use of the large Wembley pitch and get some width into our play which could mean some role for N'Koudou.

My predicted line up for Spurs Vs Monaco:

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Davies (waiting on Rose), Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Dembele, Kane.

As ever, let's make some noise and COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!

2. Minchy Guest

I don't see how you can leave Lamela out, given his scoring recording European games! I would put him in, in place of Dembele, he also seems more in tune with European football than most of the other creative players.

3. NigeSpur Guest

Lamela has been brilliant at the start of this season and even for his cameo role against Stoke last week..only 48hours after getting back from Argentina. Couldnt drop him!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button