WATCH Eriksen's glorious assist, Kane training goal & Rose misses golden opportunity

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by GarethMcKnight, March 26, 2015.

Share This Page

1. GarethMcKnight

GarethMcKnight Member

With the international break, a number of Tottenham’s star players will be representing their countries over the weekend.

With important Euro 2016 qualifiers and international friendlies, Mauricio Pochettino will hope that those involved will return to White Hart Lane unscathed and ready to play for Spurs.

Eriksen

With a number of international friendlies taking place last night, Christian Eriksen played the full 90 minutes for Denmark in a 3-2 victory over the United States.

The creative midfielder played a critical role in the Scandinavian country coming back from behind twice, with Nicklas Bendtner scoring a hat-trick.

In the final minute with the score 2-2, Eriksen showed his superb range of passing to play a first time long ball for the striker to win the match for the hosts.
    [​IMG]

DeAndre Yedlin also got a chance to play for Jurgen Klinsmann’s side, coming off the bench after 67 minutes for a rare piece of action.

Kane

As England prepare to take on Lithuania in Euro 2016 qualifying on Friday night and face Italy in a friendly next week, much of the media attention has surrounded Harry Kane.

Our homegrown hero has been banging the goals in this season and netted a hat-trick against QPR in our last fixture.

The FA have released a video of Kane in England training, with the Spurs forward joining Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge in shooting practice against Joe Hart.

The 21-year-old looked sharp and certainly not out of place, with every chance that he will lead the line for the Three Lions in his debut at Wembley.

Ryan Mason is also in contention for a national team debut, while Andros Townsend is in the squad too.

Rose

One man that will not be stepping out for England will be Danny Rose, who was a late inclusion in Roy Hodgson’s contingent.

Our left-back has been in improved form in recent weeks and has arguably been the only plus point in a faltering defence.

Following Luke Shaw dropping out of contention, Rose was added, but he has since had to pull out with hip and hamstring injuries.

The Mirror report that the Spurs full-back was almost certainly set to make his debut against Lithuania from the bench due to a fight for his allegiance.

With the defenders grandparents originating from Jamaica, Rose has had a decision to make regarding which nation to play for.

Roy Hodgson is said to want to secure Rose for England and as such would have introduced him against Lithuania, but unfortunately the left-back will now have to wait for his first potential outing for The Three Lions.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Eriksen top quality player, gonna have trouble keeping him if we continue to buy dead beats to prop up the team in important positions.
    Kane great hes got his call up that his performances deserve, just a shame its for the lost cause of England.

3. stevethespur Active Member

Never been totally convinced by Eriksen myself, but i guess i compare him in my mind to Modric which is unfair. The Spurs defence certainly needs revamping and i hope that Poch can sort it out for next season, how much he is master of his own destiny in todays game of powerful business folk in charge of 'strategy' and player aquisition, who knows ! Kane and all our guys in the England squad appear genuinely chuffed about being in the England squad, we should be proud as a club to contribute so much to our national team. Coys and ENGLAND !

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button