War of the Words - Sandro vs Sherwood

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Bobo, April 19, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Bobo New Member

"I couldn't tell you what my best team is and I don't know whether that's good or bad, I have assessed the players more than anyone and I could not tell you the best 11 players at Tottenham.”

A snippet taken from Sherwood's pre-match press conference ahead of our lunchtime kick-off at home to Fulham. Fast forward 90 mins and he seems to have at least made his mind up about one player in the squad; fan favourite Sandro.

Moments before the team news was announced Sandro took to twitter to tell us all that he is ‘not injured’. This lead to many of us believing he would surely start or at least be involved in some capacity against the Cottagers.

However, moments later it became clear that he hadn’t even made the matchday squad and his tweet was a shot a Sherwood who had left him out altogether.

Never one to shy away from confrontation, Sherwood answered the question bluntly when asked about the tweet by the BT Sports studio:

"I don't think he's good enough to be in the side at the minute, when he shows me he's up to the level of the other players he'll be back in the squad.” He claimed.

A bold statement from the rookie manager about a player who, only last season, led the way for interceptions in the top 5 leagues in Europe. This coupled with the fact that the man from Brazil is held in such high regard with the Tottenham faithful only added fuel the fire that has become Sherwood's career at Spurs.

If there was anyone out there who still thought Sherwood might, or should in charge of the club next season then I highly doubt they remain. Any self-respecting manager should not be drawn into such public battles with his players. Even more so when the player knows how much he is adored by fans.

It’s been clear from the last few performances that the players know Sherwood is a dead man walking. So much so that they know they will always have the last laugh.

[​IMG]

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Sherwood is everything that spurs have become in Levy's reign. A laughing stock. I don't agree with Sandro going public either by the way.

Bazza47 likes this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Spurs are a complete circus at the moment its embarrassing. Its all bred from the top down a chairman that only cares about money, sells all our best players and chooses awful managers, a director of football that has bought a load of average players at top whack, a gobby rookie of a manager, a squad full of players with zero love for the club all lookin for the big move. Now all this tit for tat sniping just sums us up as a club at the moment. No unity no plan no direction no commitment.
    It is a shame this will tarnish a good result today but like i said weve become a circus act and will be until the clowns in charge move on!

Bazza47 likes this.
  4. hase64 New Member

Lets be honest does anyone know our best team? Did AVB pick these players or did Baldini ? Its a total mess and when you throw in an inexperienced not fully qualified manager its no wonder players are becoming disgruntled.

5. GG ALLIN Guest

the beast not good enough he must be **** if Mr clueless Timmy thinks Danny rose ,naughton and ziggy are better

6. Ramos43 Guest

Situations like these were ALWAYS going to arise, the minute reports leaked from the club that Spurs were NOT going to be keeping Tim on next season.

The players who aren't in the team will have the knives ready, and Sherwood, who has proven emotional, was always LIKELY to press the self-destruct, or self-preservation, (which ever way you want to look at it) button. After all, he has NOTHING left to lose, with his first job on the BIG stage looking destined to end in the sack...So, what better way to ensure your, potential, future employers don't pre-judge your credentials as a manager, than BLAME EVERYTHING BUT YOURSELF...

All of a sudden the players aren't good enough, the club should never have sold Bale/Modric and the media speculation has been having a destabilising affect.

Well, whilst all of these things MAY be true, we didn't hear about any of them when Sherwood was racking up the wins in the EPL at the beginning of his tenure. What happened to the 'I know the score' attitude' or the 'I will be judged on results' talk????? Wasn't Tim the one who OPENLY claimed he turned down Levy's offer of new signings in Jan because he had a 'squad full of international quality players' who he vowed to 'get the best out of'?????

All of a sudden, because he hasn't been able to achieve that feat, on the whole, the players aren't good enough and talk of Gareth Bale resurfaces....It all sounds like a not so clever attempt at deflecting the attention away from your own shortcomings, if you ask me.

Look, I am a fan of Tim's, and believe he has PLENTY of potential as a manager, but he has a LOT to learn, and achieve, BEFORE he can (realistically look to) start passing buck without people like me seeing straight through it.

Sherwood began losing his marbles a while back, in all truth,...the LEAST he can do now, is (attempt) to keep hold of his DIGNITY...

notnats likes this.
  7. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Sherwood steals the limelight once again with clueless, unessesary comments. dont the media just love this guy who can always be counted on to open his mouth and shoot from the lip. maybe sandro didnt need to tweet in the first place it just shows the level of disbelief and frustration among senior players like sandro. earlier sherwood came out and said he doesn't know what his best team is,maybe no one does but why come out and say it. more media fodder, more spurs ridicule. after tims latest about sandro not being good enough is a disgrace even an idiot like tim should know better. I dont condone sandros tweets but is it any wonder that he came back with a very cynical Lol lol lol. for players and managers to be carrying on this way shows just how deep the resentments in the dressing room have gone.

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Sandro has been well off the pace this season its ok people getting on Tims back but he is the boss and if he doesn't think Sandro warrants a place then thats how it is. Sandro has acted unprofessional taking to twitter to air laundry and if he goes public then the media will question Tim, wether he is going or not a Manager can not let a player undermime him like that so i think Tim was right to tell him some home truths again it was Sandro making it public not Tim.
    Im not backing Tim however he was a bad appointment as was AVB but with a squad full of players with limited skill set and bad atitudes it is a complete recipe for disaster, this is the result of the board pimping the club out money first football a distant 2nd Tottenham Hotspur fc and us the fans are the victims here. We have lost our way big time the love for the club is taking a major back seat at the moment in favour of money and classless bad atitudes and egos.
    We needent bother with a new stadium as this circus should be in a tent, Levy juggling the books, Baldini hiring bad acts, Tim trying to be the strong man, throw in some slap stick defending and their you have todays THFC.
    The board, management and team needs a major shake up in the summer because whats been bred is poisonous and embarrassing!

9. Alwyn Guest

I don't agree with Sandro expressing his frustrations on twitter. However, I do sympathise with him. He is one of few top class players we have. Even at 80% efficiency he is a better defending midfielder than Chadli, Siggurdson and Benteleb. I don't believe he has had the opportunity of late to show whether he is good enough or not for Sherwood. I believe it is more to do with Sherwood's and Ferdinand's lack of appreciation of the DM role than Sandro's form. I believe sandro's presence would have helped to avoid some of the ridiculous goals and chances that have been provided for the opposition early on in games of late. Our goal difference would have been a lot healthier with Sandro's presence.

notnats likes this.
  10. big fran Guest

Shows exactly y Tim won't be there next season if he rates chadli above Sandro and dembele. Decisions like that ultimately cost him his job

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button