Unacceptable!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 15, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well that was everything this 'New Spurs' were supposed to have sorted out.

1 game, 1 last game! All we needed was a draw, a draw against an already relegated side, a draw that would've seen us finish above the Scum, a draw that would've cemented 2nd.
    A Draw was the minimum target.

Que Spursy Spurs!!!!

Out we strolled and even for previous Spurs sides this was Spectacular failure at its Spursiest.

5-1 to a condemned Championship Side, not only that but they had 10 men as well just to ensure that we look even more pathetic to our local rivals and the footballing world.

What an Embarrassment.

I keep hearing "we'd of taken 3rd start of the season" & "we've got Champions League football" like this is OK for such a sloppy finish to a season. I've even heard some people talking this side up putting them up there with the 61 side.

Perspective- this was the poorest League in living memory, all the big sides imploded or are in rebuild and we have remained steady eddies which has given us a supposed brilliant season.

We bottled every major chance this season possible, sadly leaving us the 1 comfort of finishing above them but oh no they couldn't even give us that.

Supporting Spurs is nothing but one long kick in the .........

Dace, Bazza47, Deggsy56 and 3 others like this.
  2. Wouldbebob Guest

The last months results were born in January with our failure to freshen up the squad. Past experience has shown us over and over again that you need a squad, not just a team to do well in the PL. We were fitter than the Redknapp team that collapsed in the same way and lost the CL spot, but we still collapsed. Ahead in 3 of our last 4 games and surrendered every lead. Exhausted and no stomach for the fight. Also, today's tactics crazy. We get back into it and look good for at least a draw. They go down to 10 men. Perfect! What do we do - panic and go three at the back. Only a few minutes later they break exactly where Walker would have been and dive for a penalty. Pochettno may be great at fitness and bringing through young players but he is very naive tactically. Need serious investment and much better tactics to maintain our position next season

Dace, Bazza47, Deggsy56 and 2 others like this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Indeed, extremely 1 dimensional and once its worked out has no answer to it.

Dace and Mattj78 like this.
  4. I could live with losing the title to Leicester as it was always a tall order trying to catch up on them but failing to secure 3 points out of the last 12 available which would have ensured we finished 2nd, then that is unacceptable.

Dace, Bazza47, Deggsy56 and 3 others like this.
  5. Kaizad Guest

Horrific stuff. Don't think I can get over this. Nonetheless. I disagree with a lot of the doom mongering thats already creeping in. Those filthy tit-groping chelsea scumlets ruined it all. Mason, i'm sorry, you've been AWFUL this season. Besides that, fine, we messed it up, but this group seems to learn their lessons. They're going to be out for blood next season.

Bazza47 and Jerry Shoolbred like this.
  6. Ady Bangs Guest

How very Spusy, how very embarrassing, following Spurs a team of also rans that were punching above their weight this season, all getting new contracts (pay rises) then reverting to type. Last 4 games DDLL what an implosion, and our manager was entertaining Sir Alex to get his new contract. Be very careful Daniel or you will not fill the new stadium! Where's the so called culture change!

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. Ashamed Guest

Shameful end to the season.. at least they can't rest on their laurels. Hopefully strengthen and come back stronger next year.. they'll need to be. Coys

8. Poly01 Guest

Yeh it hurts and yeh it was a dreadful ending but we do have reasons to be chearful just relax man

9. mp dubai Guest

Well, well , well!! For those who dared have read my comment last week, I predicted this 99% correctly - only the score line beat my imagination... The whole team was pathetic. What is worst is that the players make BIG comments pre match and come up with their waste (polite word for s**t). And surely Lloris is over-rated. Other than the penalty, all 4 should have been saved.. the ones he prevented was what he is there for!
    Like I said, all we do is pass backward, sideways and so slowly that anyone can predict what we are doing. Passing was pathetic and long play is something spurs have no idea about. We cannot cope with others speed, we are useless at corners and the players have no love for the badge! Pocho.. why sit the whole game on your a** whilst the relegated team manger was there to put his house in order!! Shame on you players and coaching staff.
    Anytime, Townsend is better than Lamela. Thank you for your apologies Kane.. where were you when we needed you? Not a decent shot and no power in shots..sorry we lost the plot completely
    As sadly we are SPURS, mark my words no matter who they sign.. next season NIL trophies and will be nowhere near top 5! 1st round of CL will embarrass the fans further!
    Let's get down to earth and accept we will always be a mediocre team! -
    Finally I hope I am wrong for once just once that I have waited so long.

10. diyymra Guest

The same will happen next season and the season after, etc. We are totally incapable of doing anything else. The ARSE always do what they do. 2 points from 12 is relegation form. Son, Njie, Davies are Poch's purchase. Lotta dosh for ****. Sorry, Son is just not up to it, 7 goals in 38 appearances.

Squad as usual could not deliver at the business end of a season. Fed up of the usual excuses. (must make sure it does not happen again, it's a one off, etc. Pathetic. Poch has been a bit niave of late.

11. DavidG Guest

Hard to say how much psychologically losing the league effected the team, particularly the side effects of the Chelsea game.

Still believe our strongest 11 can compete with the best for years to come. The cause for concern is when one or two players are missing. As industrious as Mason and Carroll are, they are lacking in class. Perhaps they will improve in the future but to compete we need 3 or 4 options in all positions of the pitch. The one positive I can take from today is the transformation of lamela. He and Alli could be brilliant for us next season.

Would love to see us try to bring in Mane, Witzel, Wijnaldum or Perez.

Any other transfers you guys would want to see?

Jerry Shoolbred likes this.
  12. bruski

bruski Active Member

I can see a lot of anger following today, and to be fair I'm with you. One thing really bothers me is why has Poch suddenly taken to remaining seated during the game. I saw it against the Saints and thought it very unusual, like something wasn't right. Saw it again today.
    Something up?

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

A bumper new contract.

14. filbert fox Guest

Better hope Spurs dont do a leicester and continue their end of season form into next season or you'll be looking at a relegation fight next year. Guess all the pundits got it wrong when they said Leicester would be the ones to crack under the pressure of the final games.

15. Tommo Guest

more worried about getting injured and not playing in the Euros than finishing above the scum
    So much for the big talk all week from the players

16. Peter Guest

Disgraceful performance and more to come if we do not spend big and sign some steel.at least 5 players not nearly good or strong enough.no surprise that defence has got worse since wimmer left out.

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  17. bruski

bruski Active Member

Can't look at the league table. HURTS TO SEE THEM ABOVE US!!! Man they must be taking the PI*$.

18. Peter Guest

Break the bank and try to prise Kante away from Leicester and get some pace dare I suggest Walcott or Bolaisee and I am sure we must be able to attract a striker of quality now we are in the champions league and Everton are not

19. Peter Guest

I do hope that poch knows his transfer targets and who he wants out and does not wait until a week before the transfer window closes as is the norm for Levy because if he does any decent acqisitions will have gone elsewhere.Time for poch to show us if he's got the bottle to get what he wants or whether he will become Levi's mouthpiee

Jonesy likes this.
  20. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Walcott, do me a favour! Bolasie for sure; powerful and quick. Striker and strong centre mid...

Mason, Bentaleb, Fazio and Chadli out the door.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button