Transfer news: Bony boost(!), Adebayor, Soldado, Origi & Lamela

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, June 25, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

As we approach July lots of news surrounding Tottenham Hotspur and forwards has come to the surface with players linked with moves away from the club, whilst others have been mooted to be joining.

Mauricio Pochettino and co will be working hard to build a squad that is capable of challenging on a number of fronts next season and one man who could join is a youngster that has lit up the World Cup.

Origi dreams of Premier League

Belgium’s Divock Origi came off the bench to score a late winner against Russia recently and has attracted interest from ourselves and Premier League rivals Liverpool.

The 19-year-old was quoted by the Evening Standard, and the Lille forward admits he dreams of playing in the Premier League.

Origi said: "As a little boy I always dreamed of playing in the Premier League.

“But I'm still young and now I'm in an important tournament so I'm try to focus on the team. Then my entourage will see with Lille what I'll do."

Spurs have also been linked with Dutch starlet Memphis Depay as Pochettino looks to improve the strikeforce we have at White Hart Lane.

Ade positive but is he going?

It has been speculated that he is willing to allow Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado to depart north London but the former has been talking about the upcoming season.

Adebayor told FourFourTwo that the 2014/15 campaign will be better than the past season, he said: “It’s got to be positive.

"This season we've had to dig deep. It's been a strange season, where we've started games poorly and gone 1-0 down in a few seconds against teams like (Manchester) City, Liverpool and West Brom.

"There were a lot of incidents of that. We gave away a lot of goals, but I don't think that will happen again next season.

"A lot of the lads will have a season under their belts and now have more experience.

"We are improving as a team and starting to control games. Next season can only be better."

Soldado set for White Hart Lane stay…?

Meanwhile our other experienced forward Soldado has constantly been linked with a return to Spain with Atlético Madrid among the clubs interested.

However, the latest developments regarding Atlético suggest they want to sign Álvaro Negredo – that is according to Spanish paper Marca.

If the aforementioned pair were to depart White Hart Lane, many feel Swansea’s Wilfried Bony would be an ideal replacement.

Pathway clear for Bony move

And Bony’s club have been quick to bring in another forward with Frenchman Bafétimbi Gomis, a former target for Spurs, moving to Wales.

However, the Guardian report that Swansea boss Garry Monk wants Gomis to play alongside Bony and isn’t signing the forward as a replacement for the Ivorian.

Still, if Adebayor was to depart White Hart Lane, you would imagine Pochettino and Spurs would move quick to sign Bony as a like-for-like replacement.

COYS means they are staying!

Finally, several Tottenham players have taken to twitter this summer to reaffirm their commitment to the club – Paulinho constantly writing ‘COYS’ springs to mind and another has followed his lead.

Fellow South American Érik Lamela tweeted today that he was working hard ahead of the new season and fans will be delighted to hear he is committed to the club.

Lamela said: “I’m really looking forward to this season, come on you spurs!!”

Hopefully Pochettino can get the best out of the Argentine and he can shape the squad exactly how he wants.

2. PluckySpur Guest

We need a striker to replace Defoe, not Ade and Bobby!

Ade and Bobby are two of the most exciting strikers in pro football, and their styles are complementary to each other! Both athlete's problems stem from poor coaching, not, poor quality!

Personally, I miss Defoe, but Bobby is more than an even swap for Jermaine. Luckily, I get to watch JD in Toronto!

We need a more experienced (coming into his prime) power forward to bridge the gap for the young one's coming in, and we need him to hit the ground running.

Bony is a powerful striker who can muscle his way into the box and who is proven in the English style of football!

Bony along our rising younger strikers gives us enough scorers to handle the number of games that we play!

Finally, our new manager's ability to motivate players, rotate players, and keep them conditioned for the toughest league in the world gives me hope that the Spurs Style of football will be back to stay!

3. macr New Member

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button