Tottenham target mercurial winger and go head-to-head with Liverpool over two names

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, July 17, 2014.

Share This Page

1. George S

George S New Member

Tottenham Hotspur are yet to make a signing in the transfer window thus far but it appears they are edging closer but they face battles with several high profile teams.

The Times reported this afternoon that Spurs are interested in signing Real Sociedad attacker Antoine Griezmann but they face a battle with Bayern Munich for the Frenchman.

Former Arsenal target wanted by Spurs

Griezmann, who has previously been linked with a move to Arsenal, has declared that he wishes to leave Sociedad and turned down a new contract recently.

After featuring for France in the World Cup, the 23-year-old is currently on break but is set to return to Spain next Monday.

He has a £24 million buy-out clause but Bayern are serious contenders alongside Tottenham for Griezmann’s signature.

Battle with Reds over Davies

Spurs are also facing a battle with Liverpool to sign Swansea full-back Ben Davies.

Davies has been the name on every Tottenham fans lips of late as we have been linked with the young defender for the past couple of weeks.

It seemed that he was set for a move to White Hart Lane two weeks ago but talks stalled, however they have since resumed but Liverpool are eager to sign him as well.

Another Liverpool battle…

Mauricio Pochettino has increased Tottenham’s offer for Davies up to £10 million this week and it is expected that Swansea will accept that fee and Spurs will catch a march on Liverpool in this particular battle.

The two Premier League rivals are also going head-to-head for Belgian winger Zakaria Bakkali but for the time being it is Davies who is gathering both clubs full attention and it seems his future will likely be decided shortly.

2. big fran Guest

On paper as lamela looks a great signing. Wand of a left foot and a scorer of great goals and a good few of them at 15+ a season. My only fear is that its another hefty price tag for someone unproven in the EPL.. Also u have to fear we are likely to miss out if arsenal and Bayern want him. How much game time at Bayern would he get with robben n ribery on the flanks. Same at the goons are full of attacking creative wide men. If spurs were to offer the buy out and a few quid quickly added to the likelihood of more first team football u never know and could be potential superstar. Need to act fast tho.

3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

We are going to sign everyone according to reports. Until they are wearing our shirt, I believe nothing.

4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

One person who looks like he won't be at the Lane this season is Gylffi Siggurdson as according to Sky, a deal has been agreed with Palace.

5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Agree, its very frustrating to be linked with so many players every day but as we know Levy gives nothing away, everything done behind closed doors and at the last minute. Last year was the exception, this year will be back to sell before we buy and as we know Levy doesn't sell unless he gets his valuation. I don't expect us to get many players in this year but I am starting to get seriously concerned with the CB and defence problems, we have Daws who looks to be on his way out, Kaboul is injury prone and Ledley King he is not. and what's happening with Vlad, he's out of the tour with yet another back injury before the season has started. is this going to be a long term, reoccurring back injury ? Im hoping Jan sticks around for another year, ( fingers crossed) but if he goes I might have to ask for permission to panic!

6. Lee New Member

Papers love to speculate about spurs signings. However, this is one signing I would love to see happen. I would really like to see a change in our policy for transfer this year, which involves shipping out 4 or 5 average players and bringing in 1 or 2 flair players to help us make the next step up.

Deggsy56 likes this.
  7. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Already Gone.

Now just get rid of Dawson, Adebayor, Naughton and possibly 'sicknote' Sandro.....................

The Spurs 'policy' is: target players, tell everyone, so that the 'Big Clubs' can hijack them and bump the fees up then we take what's left that no-one else wants - or no-one at all, change coaches, then wonder why we never finish higher than 6th!!! Can't see it changing anytime soon !!

Felon82 likes this.
  8. stevethespur Active Member

We usually leave it late in the transfer market and i just hope levy is waiting for the last moment to get the best deal as we surely need fresh legs in our defence. Come on Mr Levy, give Poch a fighting chance ! Coys.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button