Tottenham fail with double transfer, lose interest in Argentine and receive snub from Belgium

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by George S, July 8, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Ramos43

Ramos43 Active Member

I can ONLY sense a great season coming up, and this news about Lloris is just the boost the MP, and the squad, could of done with before heading away to the States for pre-season.

Perhaps dampened expectations from some Spurs supporters could help the club moving into the new campaign, but I for one, will be starting the season the same way I begin EVERY season... dreaming of WINNING THE LEAGUE!!!

With:
    • the DEPTH of playing staff Spurs have (along with some talented youth players getting opportunities in the 1st team, as well as the removal of some dead wood).
    • a FIERCELY ambitious chairman, who is guaranteed to back the manager with a substantial amount of transfer funds to remould the squad.
    • and a INTELLIGENT new-coach, who possesses the kind of CLEAR and PROVEN philosophy, and playing style I, and the club, have been crying out for, for years.
    ...I am EXTREMELY optimistic about the clubs chances this upcoming season.

Arsenal, Man City/Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea can do what the like with regards to transfers, as far as I'm concerned, NOTHING will alter the faith I have in the ,core, pool of talent Spurs have in that squad...as well as the collective/ individual potential for growth.

My message for the Spurs supporters who LACK my belief, faith and sense of optimism about the teams, or the prospects of the club, ahead of upcoming campaign would do well to consider that:

• The Cockerel on the shirt, does NOT cower!
    • The Cockerel on the shirt does NOT concede defeat on it's objectives (WITHOUT so much as a ball being kicked in anger)!
    • The Cockerel on the shirt does flinch in the face of adversity!
    • The Cockerel on the shirt is NOT afraid of a challenge!
    As you can, probably, tell by now, the Cockerel that is emblazoned on the front of the Tottenham Hotspur shirt MEANS something to me. As does the posture/stance, the design, of the Cockerel adopts.

It stands TALL, BOLD and PROUD, as a representation of the club (AS DO I) and it is this message that I am CONVINCED Poch will, like myself if I was in charge of the team, instil into the players....along with a philosophy (that suits the group he has at his disposal), a solid forward-thinking tactical game-plan, excellent man-management skills, and just a good ol'- fashioned bit of common sense management.

If there is one thing the doubtful, naysayers SHOULD have learnt about the beautiful game, had they done their homework, is football is NOT simply about who has the most money -as Dortmund, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, QPR, Atletico Madrid and Costa Rica (to name a few) have shown (in different regards) over the last year, or so.

It is about a collective coming together with a common goal, a CLEAR plan on how to achieve their objectives, and having the belief, intelligence and talent, to be able to execute a well structured plan/strategy!

KNOWING this, AS I DO, is what fuels the enthusiasm, excitement and belief I have regarding the fortunes of the side this season.

In the wise words of Ramos The Relentless : 'To love my club, I MUST learn to love myself, and my dreams/aspirations'. ;)

Last edited: July 11, 2014
    Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button