Time to take advantage- Spurs V Watford Saturday 15:00

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, February 4, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

The Tottenham charge rolled on on Tuesday night with another professional performance as we put Norwich to the sword and further cemented our position in the top 3 and the best goal difference in the league.
    Points win prizes but goal difference could also prove vital come the top 4, or dare I say it, title mix up in May.

On Saturday we welcome Watford to White Hart Lane and by the time we kick off, Man City and Leicester will have played each other in the lunchtime kick off. A nice 0-0 draw there would do nicely followed by 3 points for us.

Ryan Mason is set to return to the Spurs squad after injury but the starting 11 is unlikely to change. Alli was unwell on Tuesday and taken off as a precaution but is ready to go on Saturday. With Son playing well and working alongside Kane allowing Alli even more freedom, things look good right now and we have every reason for much optimism.

Let's get this party started!!!

Predicted Line up:
    Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Eriksen, Dier, Dembele, Alli, Son, Kane

As ever, Come on You Spurs!!!

Bazza47 likes this.
  2. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I am not sure about Lamela,may be Chadli should start or Mason with Chadli as impact sub!!anyway a win for us..COYS..

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. Mattj78

I'm never quite sure about Chadli over 90 minutes but it wouldn't hurt to give him a go. Lamela tries hard but he isn't delivering enough quality.

Nomadico likes this.
  4. Nomadico Well-Known Member

A little shocked that you have not included Carroll in your team Mattj,he is getting better every game he play's,it is fantastic that we have so many players who we can call on,it has been a long time since we could do that,a sure sign of us growing into the club we have wanted for so long..COYS.

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Again I think Chadli/Lamela is quite interesting - Chadli does nothing, then scores a goal, whereas Lamela runs and runs without always an incisive effect. The way we've been playing lately I expect, not hope for, a win, but I'll still be very grateful if we get over the line!

Plenty of cause for optimism. COYS.

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Mattj78

I, as you know, am a fan of Carroll and he offers much, but Dembele is still the player to start for me. Carrol will get his chances but a fit Dembele gets the nod to start.

Nomadico likes this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Now the team looks correct!!Lamela has been a bit wayward with his shooting lately he works hard yes but I wish his aim improved I hope his wife is happy!!!COYS

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Im not sure about Carroll he does somethings well and other things poorly, i spose if he irons out the sloppy passes from time to time it would help his over all opinion from the fans. A decent squad player.
    Lamela really annoys me, never has the term headless chicken suited a player so much. His need to cling on to the ball till the very last second and then choose the impossible or the dumbest pass/run possible is a trait only he could rationalise. Cant be faulted for effort though.
    Put Watford away, draw or better with City and we can all start believing imo, great to be a Spurs fan at the moment.

COYS!!!!

Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  9. guesty Guest

Watford aren't a top team technically....but they will be hard working.
    I think Matts team selection is fine......Lamela, Chadli and Carroll all on the bench.

I'm not convinced about Carroll in CM against top gifted players.....so he should be okay if he comes on against Watford. he'll get more time for his sideways passes!

lets get behind the boys to secure a win. and in the next game. and the rest after that.

COYS

Mattj78, Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.
  10. Nomadico Well-Known Member

With any luck Capoue will gift us a goal,Gomes will be Gomes and remain as useless as he was with us,with the three teams behind us all away from home the chance of at least two of them dropping max points,we have the chance to put day light between us and the pack behind,the lads will be aware of this and be extra motivated,COYS..

Mattj78 likes this.
  11. Pikey New Member

Gomes was excellent against Watford and Capoue's been playing well though he still can't score. They'll be tough to break down.
    I think we'll go with 3 CB's like we did away from home with Dier dropping in between Wimmer and Toby. It doesn't really affect our shape too much but we can better counter Deeney's aerial threat and Ighalo's skill on the deck which are clearly Watford's main threats.
    That means only one holding midfielder which will be Dembele and we'll have Eriksen, Alli and Son ahead of him.
    Mason has only just come back so will be on the bench with Bentaleb, Chadli, Carter-Vickers, Vorm & Carroll.

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Evening All,
    I concur with Matt's view of the starting eleven. I like Trippier more and more, particularly going forward - gives us width and crosses well. For me that 11 are starting to pick themselves.
    Variously Lamela, Carroll and Chadli are not best fits to our playing style, when compared to the one's Matt chose. So Dier or Moussa ahead of Carroll, Son ahead of Lamela or Chadli, and based on recent games Trippier ahead of Walker. Four good subs for sure.
    As ever an early goal will help bring them out. Their two heavies up front will test the new Toby/Wimmer team...fingers crossed.
    It still feels that every game is tight and can go either way - look at Newcastle and Leicester......here's to three points and a draw for MC v Leicester....
    COYS

Mattj78 and Nomadico like this.
  13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Leicester winning 0-3 at the Etihad has laid the gaunlet down.
    Watford today has to be 3 points move into second 5 off and a target to chase down.

Nomadico likes this.
  14. Nomadico Well-Known Member

This a very strange team selection;Ali and Son on the bench,we need to win this not draw.COYS

Felon82 likes this.
  15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Hopefully poch is looking to hit them late on, its flat as at the moment imo lamela eriksen and chadli should never play at the same time.

16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Felon you hit the nail on the head,without Ali in the middle we lacked that final ball,he comes on we score that should say some thing to Poch,A win is a Win so second we go and long may it last COYS..

17. Chris #2 Guest

Tbh, I dont think we lacked anything before Alli came on. There had been plenty of chances and the score should have been 2-0 at that time really. Alli is a great player, but everyone played well today.

Nomadico likes this.
  18. Nomadico Well-Known Member

You are correct Chris the entire team played well,but when Ali came and Son came on there was more urgent play around the team,Lamela was his normal waste full self he really need some shooting practice..COYS..

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button