The transfer list

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 5, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Coys New Member

Formation 4-5-1
    Gk- lloris has been very good this season
    RB- walker he got the pace dude
    CB- bring back caulker
    CB- i think i most chose vertonghen beacuse we dont have the money to buy a whole new team but i think he dosent have the heart for the club
    LB- Luiz in atletico madrid who have amazig cross sell rose!
    CDM- there i chosse sandro who is a real fighter dont have the skills but can be very important for the team.
    CAM- eriksen and holtby two amazing player with great skills and passes
    LW-maybe lallana who should be great there but i think chelsea ore liverpool will buy him... But i think we need one with much pace who can score goals and assists but i hope lallana comes to spurs, maybe lavezzi ore lucas!
    RW- i hope townsend can get a good season and dont be injury beacuse he i av very intresting player lennon goodbye.. :(
    STRIKEEEERR- here i have many names i dont now who first sell soldado so bad. Then buy Bony, lukaku, benteke ore Remy i like all of them everybody is a goalscorer ore keep adebayour who has done a great season but we need a new striker i think maybe two.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Trigspur Guest

Good article Matt. Don't think we need to make too many changes. I agree rose ain't good enough in fact most of the defence has been a shambles but certainly not helped by injuries and constant rotation and that applies to the whole squad not just the defence. I'm still convinced with the right service soldado will score goals so we need another quality striker to compliment him as Ade will more than likely be sold due to high wages. The flanks need sorting out as although Lennon is a trier he flatters to deceive most of the time and Townsend again too inconsistent. Bring back holtby as him and eriksen will be good together. I honestly don't know who to bring in though. Llalana would be good and lukaku up front. One thing I do know is whoever the new manager is must be given time and allowed to stamp his style on the team. Let's get villa out the way and then all sit in the pub waiting for the fixtures to come out! Tottenham till I die!!

3. Fatspurs Guest

We're not gonna get all those players, reading some of the posts it's like you guys live in cuckoo land we don't need all those players and even if we did they need time to adapt and it will be the same as this year.your not gonna get shaw,lallana,Rodriguez,konopylanka,lakaku, or any other superstars
    Sell
    Naughton,Dawson,rose,siggy,Livermore,ade,Lennon,soldado
    Realistic targets
    Hernandez,welbeck,caulker,clyne,contreao,michu,benteke

The team I'm hoping for next season
    Lloris
    Walker caulker vert contreao
    dembele
    Lamela eriksen Michu Townsend
    Benteke

Subs Sandro,holtby,chirches,clyne,chadli,Hernandez
    Manager pocchetino

4. del Guest

I find it funny how that people forget to mention this so called partnership with Madrid? how they get to sign our best players and we don't even get a loanee from them?????

5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Of course sitting on computer choosing the players we want in the lilywhite next season is fantasy football, but its fun isn't it ? what's wrong with cookoo land ? having said that im thinking more about who should go and who should stay rather than who comes in. I still believe we have a very good, slightly unbalanced squad that needs some tweaking here and there. Lloris and jan. it would be a huge statement if we can keep these two, both class, seasoned professionals. fingers crossed. stay. Dawson, Kaboul ? its hard Daws is not as bad as some say, Kaboul not a good as some say. got a feeling Kaboul might go, contract up. Daws will stay. Rose has to go, not a FB not a WB his best position is left right out! new LB and bring back BAE. the biggest mistake of the season was to put an unproven DR into the LB role with no backup, why put so much faith in a player that's not even a natural LB ? worse we haven't even had a LM to support. surprise, surprise, every team has carve us up on the left. don't get me started. Paulinho, sell, he doesn't want to be here and he's rubbish anyway. Chaldi, sell. Siggy, not sure, squaddie. Lennon and Townsend, id sell both. if the new manager wants wingers then buy proper wingers. these two are average wide men that don't assist and don't score. don't expect Ade to hang around after TS leaves he's been good but he needs to come back down to earth as far as wages are concerned. he's a half a season player we need need that 20+ striker. if Ade doesn't like the new manager and decides to hang around and sulk we could have a problem. Soldado also not sure , I like him and want to see him perform but im not sure he's gunna make it here. if a good offer comes in from a team that would suit his style better then id be happy for him to go, likewise if he wanted to stay and fight for a place id be ok with that too.

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with fantasy football and I don't mind being seen as an armchair manager its just a bit of fun, after all we all love the game otherwise we wouldn't bother. I still believe we have a very good squad with lots of potential. so if im going to back that up and pick a team and formation with the current squad only it would be 4-3-1-2
    Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Fryers

Sandro Holtby Capoue

Eriksen

Lamella Ade

Obviously theres not a lot of width, ideally with that type of formation you need very good FBs to provide that width. In the middle all three have good defence, Capoue will become a real box to box player and Holtby a deep lying playmaker to link up with the attack. would prefer a new striker up top with Lamella or Soldado. I know Lamella is unproven at the moment but its only a bit of fantasy football from the armchair. whats your team from the current team only ?

7. J hunt Guest

I really don't think we needed Paulinho he's a decent player but doesn't offer us much more than we already had Sandro and Dembele we brilliant at times when playing together add eriksen to the mix in a midfield 3 think we should build from there I also think lamela will come good given a good run in the team LENNON has been given a long enough run in the side and been consistently useless we can also be sure caulker will proberly come back as we have a rep of buying player back he and a happy Verthoghen can be a great partnership at the back for us don't need a mass clear out we have good players in the squad get them playing and were be fine plus 2 good stikers of prem experience

8. Glenno Guest

Need a back-up keeper to replace Friedel - maybe McCarthy at Reading. Naughton and Rose not good enough, Dawson a legend but past his best. Time to cash in on Lennon, he has NEVER been consistent enough. Paulinho can go don't understand why people talk about him being good enough for Real Madrid - he's a Brazilian and he can't pass! Sounds like Chelsea want him, swap deal for Lukaku would be nice! Capoue, Townsend and Kaboul can all go after poor seasons.

We need to build around Eriksen, the only truly world class player in our squad and there's no point flogging Soldado and Lamela yet, they will still command decent fees next year if they don't settle in. Lloris to stay I reckon, but we may struggle to keep Vertonghen, even after a poor attitude this year.

I would like to see Carroll, Holtby and Fredericks given chances and it would be nice to have Lukaku, Konoplyanka, Caulker and Coentrao at the club this summer. Why we didn't buy a left back last summer is beyond me??!!

As for a manager, well I can't get excited about Pochettino, he doesn't speak good enough English and think he will be a flash in the pan - he's lucky he inherited a good, young squad, who has he bought particularly? De Boer would okay and Bergkamp as his number 2 to wind the Gooners up! The one I really want is for Jurgen to come and manage us after the World Cup. I know he hasn't managed at club level and its different to international management but he was a world class player, he took Germany out of the dark ages and he's making American's understand that there is a proper game of football out there, not soccer! He's a personable guy who would be good with the media and understands the fans and the clubs 'traditions' (wherever they have disappeared)!! Come on Levy, get it sorted

9. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Matt,
    You say this is not the worst team you've seen in 30 years, let me share a view.

Past teams have not had the level of investment we put in this year, so they are difficult to compare. That said for me the stand-out feature of this team is the large number of players who are just average, and average is not good enough.

For me Rose, Daws, Nsughton, Siggy, Paulinho, Lennon fall into that category. Add to that a mixed bag from Adeybayor, zilch from Soldado and Lamela and you're going to fall short. At home we've been shite and away the defeats at Norwich and West Ham just sum up a season of under achievement. We may finish with 69 points, but that so flatters us.

I seriously thought about not renewing my season ticket. I'll give it one more season. The new ground is a myth and Levy is a bean counter at best. Sad what has happened this season - Levy, Baldini and AVB, aided and abetted by Timmy have so under performed and recovery, materially, will be a long haul.

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button