Super 6 to contend for EPL crown

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, June 27, 2015.

Share This Page

1. bigfran

bigfran Member

Before anyone thinks I have taken leave of my senses I'm not suggesting that we would actually win it but with a little ambition and moderate investment I believe any of last season’s top 7 could get near to champions runaway Chelsea.

Contrary to many people's beliefs for my money the Premier League just isn't that strong at present and a look at last year’s English clubs absence in the latter stages of the European competitions compounds that. Take away Mourinho and how good actually are this Chelsea side. Add to that the other Three of last year’s top four Man Utd, Arsenal and City?

Financial fair play

With the FFP coming into fruition many bigger clubs cannot simply collect and keep a monopoly on players like Panini swapsies and the smaller ones can't afford to run the risk of letting players with a resale value run their contracts down.

What this seems to have created is that there are a lot of quality players available for decent money and spurs should be capitalizing on these kind of bargain buys.

Toby Alderweireld. Approx 10m.

Strongly linked in last few days he would be a quality addition to our back line and our growing contingent of Belgians. Primarily a right sided centre half he is also very accomplished full back too.

He was instrumental in the Saints mean rearguard last term. Could be the perfect foil to bring the best out of JV.

Cabaye. 10m.

An absolute steal at the price mooted and with only Palace and former club Newcastle linked a deal is well within our range. A combative all action midfielder who gets his fair share of bookings, assists and goals he can play as a deep playmaker/lynchpin or as an orthodox box to box. A natural leader too.

Alex Song. 5m.

If Spurs ain't trying to steal in on this deal then my question would be Why the hell not?? Reports this morning suggest he could even be available on a free.

Maybe not good enough for Barca, but would breeze into our side. Breaks up play sitting infront of the back four with a good range of passing and another natural leader.

The fact that he still hasn't signed for the spammers represents the fact he may be looking for a better offer. Spurs are surely that aren't we??

Bentaleb Cabaye and Song competing for the two holding midfield positions would give us real depth and quality.

Yevhen konoplyanka.

On a free this is a no brainer for me. A top class performer bordering on world class exactly the level of players we have done well with before ie Modric. Plays from the left but could also push Eriksen onto a greater level in the no 10.

Kevin Mirallas. 7m

Another Belgian who would offer much needed pace and width down the right and act as cover at CF for the overworked Kane. Scores at a ratio of about 1 in 3 which would come in handy! Transfer could be offset by offering unfancied Lennon.

Saido Berahinho. 20m

A real prospect for me who has shown he can play a number of roles alongside our Harry for the Under 21s from the left mainly but also in behind or down the right. His goals would help share the workload with HK or even as a pair in certain games or scenarios. Again the fee could be reduced by offering Townsend in the deal.

A total investment of around 50m isn't a great amount when you factor into the deals Lennon and Townsend as makeweights and with Paulinho and Capoue to leave in the coming days.

Further players expected to move on Dembele 8m Adebayor 4m Chiriches 4m Soldado 9m Kaboul 2m. Personally I would move on Mason Stambouli Carroll Fazio and Chadli also to reduce the size of the squad and wage bill making room for three or four of the youth through.

Now of course I don't expect all six to sign though I dearly would love I'm just highlighting it’s definitely a buyers’ market with deals to be done. Poor Harry Redknapp would love to be at the helm of this Spurs squad with so many players to buy sell and swap.

If we could maybe snare three or four of the six I think top four would be a strong possibility given than all but one have Premier League experience and quality.

To dare is to do.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Dnt hold yer breath Fran mate, every window is the same what could/might have been.

Citeh will be looking to make a statement, Scum with Cech already look an improved side, Chavs have quality in depth and are solid, United will buy quality (even Lloris which weakens us) Liverpool are putting dough in, and then theres us buying nobodies again!

The quality just isnt there in our side to mount a serious challenge at anything way too many average players, weak links and passengers.

We need some Bold movement with 4 quality additions not prospects/hopefuls but garanteed consistent performers, else again we will just be making up the numbers next season.

Deggsy56 and notnats like this.
  3. bigfran

bigfran Member

Yeah I agree. Would be over moon with Toby,Cabaye,mirralles and konoplyanka

Felon82 and notnats like this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Most definately Fran but as i say its same every window, we can all see it the powers that be ignore it.

Deggsy56 likes this.
  5. Danny p Guest

Last year, Spurs conceded more goals than anybody outside the bottom three. Only the peerless Hugo and an astonishing goal haul from the young man prevented our season from being a train-wreck.

I fear we won't be able to rely on either of those saving graces next season.

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Jawbone Guest

i know no one will agree because he's a Spurs boy like us, but why not sell HK for 50 mil, paulinho for 15 mil, capoooop gone, townsend 10 mil, soldado as much as possible, kaboul like soldado, ade F off and buy BENTEKE, berihino, mirallas, konoplyanka FREE, nianggolan instead of schniederlin, Toby, james McCarthy for depth, charlie Austin for cover on BENTEKE and maybe try to steal another mid like delph!!!

7. Double 1961 Guest

Get rid of Kane? .That's crazy Benteke is quality but he will never be a regular 20 plus goal a season player. He's more static than Kane and can switch off if things aren't going his way. Kane loves Tottenham, can make a goal out of nothing and would run through a brick wall for the team. No contest mate

Deggsy56 likes this.
  8. johnnyhrvat Guest

Konoplya in a number of Slavic languages (including I believe Ukranian) translates as cannabis. Maybe he would keep Harry Kane on a high if playing alongside him.

9. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Absolutely bang on ! Agreed !!!

10. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Spurs won't sign any of the above mentioned part from possibly Koplyanka on a free. Levy will make sure he makes a profit from the transfer window and he ain't gonna make money back on ten deadwood we need to ship out so I would forget about twist of the above suggested names. Another top 7 finish beckons.

Deggsy56 likes this.
  11. johnnyhrvat Guest

Yes, Paulhino gone. Let's hope this is the beginning of a big exodus of overpriced players who got into the starting X1 solely based on how much they were being paid.

12. Salone Spurs New Member

We definitely need a striker and a midfield enforcer. Problem since Scott Parker is the glaring absence of a leader in the middle of the park. Seen that in other teams over the years. Good additions in defence but we need seasoned defensive midfielder and a 15+ goals striker. Can't leave burden on young Harry. The pressure might just turn out to be too much. Where are the scouts? Levy???

13. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Don't need scouts. Just listen to fans. Charlie Austin is his name!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button