STOP PRESS!! I have some optimism!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Bobo New Member

from Gary Jacob
    Witsel on Tottenham. "I will not leave. Zenit took that decision. They can't find a player to replace me. It's a pity as I hoped to leave."
    journo also said:
    West Brom show interest in Breel Embolo... but Basel want more than £20m for the striker

Berahino hope?

from Duncan Castles
    Understand that Tottenham's offer for Victor Wanyama was £20m. Southampton refused so player now intends to run down contract.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So as time ticks away theres nothing coming from Spurs, Levy, Mitchel, Poch WTF are they doing?

3. big fran Guest

Third bid rejected for berahino. Time to move in for Austin and quick I say!!

4. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Levy will have to pay full 25 million for SB. Pulis have replacement for the lad already. Its aboul money at this point...

5. If Levy does not pull out a rabbit from his proverbial hat in the remaining time of this window, then we are faced with a thread bear squad up top, and in midfield (particularly players who can give us width). Unfortunately, we are then likely facing an uphill struggle this season! Unless some young players can come through like Kane did last season to help us win games. COYS.

6. burnt Guest

The problem with Levy pulling a rabbit out of his hat is it usually turns out to be a hare ....

7. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

BBC have just reported our bid for Berahino was £5 million with the rest as add ons. If that is true then no wonder they wont let him leave.
    Desperate Dan Levy strikes again!!

8. I also hear Adebayor wants £5M to paid up by Spurs, what a mercenary!!!!

9. burnt Guest

We must be getting close to a situation where nobody wants to deal with Mr Levy ..

Jonesy likes this.
  10. It seems to look that way! If we truly wanted the West Brom striker why fanny about up to the deadline, we should have wrapped this up a month ago!!!

Jonesy likes this.
  11. We also have to question why we have loaned Yedlin to Sunderland!!!! He plays wide midfield for USA, and gives them a lot of pace, something we are serious lacking!!!

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  12. burnt Guest

Personally don't know anything about him but maybe he's just not very good , time will tell ...

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Peace has came out and said the price was given to Ming weeks ago, Ming has counted on unsettling Berahino and offering under in the hope Berahino will force a move for the price Levy wants and is counting on the clock ticking down.
    Are these the sort of tactics that we want to see from an ambassador of our club?
    Classy? Proud? I think not.
    Mean while weve lost points and are still to bed 2/3 players in to a side thats not currently functioning already.
    Terrible strategy from the board and its internationally publicising what a ridiculous set up we are especially if A we dont sign Berahino or B end up paying over.

Jonesy likes this.
  14. USA tend to win games, with De Yedlin in the team! Yes time will tell, but if he plays well for a lacking Sunderland team then it will show up our club's decision as being terrible; we could have at least have used him as a squad player in early round Europa League games.

We seriously lack players who can give us width, and I suspect Poch's policy on using inverted wingers will eventually get him the sack around Oct!

15. burnt Guest

I know what your saying and i agree to a certain degree but lets hope he does actually show something for Blunderland or we,ve ended up with another dud ..

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button