STOP PRESS!! I have some optimism!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. big fran Guest

I can't take no positives from three points out of a routine opening four games. On top in all games for long periods yes but means nothing. Never mind mid table this is relegation form. Its easy to get sucked into these relegation battles to recover from such a poor start with players who are not comfortable nor experienced in them situations. I've seen it many a time. The irony is that with a reasonable investment say berahino 25m wanyama 15m and say pato as a third choice and a gamble at around 8m along with njie and Son the top 3 is easily achievable given how average utd arsenal Liverpool have looked so far.

Mattj78 likes this.
  2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Eat your hear out LVG....we could do with some of the Swans commitment and desire ....MU totall average again....

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  3. big fran Guest

Lloris

Walker. Alderweield Jan. Rose
    Dembele. Wanyama.

Njie. Kane. Son.

Berahino.

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. burnt Guest

There's no doubt we need reinforcements but its a lot easier said then done .. The players we need are short in supply , cant just head down to Sainsbury,s and get 2 strikers and a couple of quality midfielders ... look at all the money spent and players bought by ourselves , the Mancs and the scousers over the last few seasons and i think its fair to say we,ve all gone backwards or at best stood still .. At this stage i think id rather gamble with what we have then go out and piss another 50 or so mill on Berahino and Wyanama , 2 players i personally wouldn't be sure about by any means .. look at McCarthy and Miralles yesterday for example , 2 players a lot of fans wanted us to sign over the summer , how much would they have improved us for another 40 or so mill, im not sure .. Bit of a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't if you ask me .. So should we stick or twist over the next few days , intrested to hear others opinions on this ...

5. big fran Guest

Stick with what we have. What exactly do we have. One point more than the bottom 3. One CF. A centre half in midfield. Chadli a guaranteed starter? 40-45 m is not a massive investment considering the money made on player sales and massive wages cut 60 grand a week earners per week gone. Bearing in mind that most of the players bought were off the bale money. Added to the fact that the increase in TV money not asking a great deal as No Nat's and felon will testify enic have taken us to another level but from that have failed to progress and in fact going backwards due to lack of ambition and investment.

A/town spur, Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  6. Mick

Mick Member

I prefer to stick with exception of buying another striker, that is an absolute must. Very few of our big money buys have worked in recent times Magnificent 7 springs to mind. I can only think of Modric who really justified big fee in recent times.

7. Yes we need a striker or two, but we also need two midfield generals (meanwhile Mason must muscle up in the Spurs gym!), and some speedy effective wingers who last 90 mins, not 45 mins like Chadli! Levy must splash the cash by transfer deadline Tue!

Jonesy likes this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Benteke was 8 mil when coming to the prem, Bony 12 mil, Pelle, Gomis etc
    There are plenty of players about like Ayew, Mane, Shaquiri, Affelay, Mahrez, Cabaye etc
    A player like Siggurdson we never played him where he was effective and he is excelling back at Swansea, same for Soldado etc
    Fans are talking up Bentaleb like hes something special Jonjo Shelvey is twice the player nabil can or will ever be.
    It doesnt cost billions to make a solid efficient coherent football team you just need everyone understanding the club directives from top down all in harmony.
    For years theres been too much interference from the board to DoF to Manager to Head Coach to many cooks with differing agendas.
    When player signing is mentioned people start screaming about citeh chavs leeds etc like fans should know their place but why is it everyone else can pick up instant hits at good prices and were swanning around as if were too good for this, then failing miserably 99% of the time to sign 'big' players and then we panick buy with very little cohesion to what the team genuinly needs so even if they are any good theyr not played how or where they will excell.
    Is it any wonder were in an eternal 'transition'
    Ive said it before and il say it again, with out clear strategy goals directives set from top down who genuinly want to win you get what we have on repeat players going through the motions the 'hopefully we get 4th' 'maybe a cup run' 'we cant compete' attitude festers inside the club and will never get better until the biggest Charlatan in football is removed from sucking the life out of our football club with the chaos he creates through totally inept leadership!

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why people think the new stadium will suddenly make us better placed to compete. By the time we were there we will be even further behind our rivals so the extra income won't mean a lot.
    You don't need a degree in math to see that folks.

A/town spur likes this.
  10. burnt Guest

The optimism didn't last long .....

notnats and Mattj78 like this.
  11. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

A few mentions of Swansea and a massive win against Manu, bold and decisive tactics from Garry Monk to change to a 4-4-2 to take the game, and im by no means talking up the 4-4-2 as such, only that having tbe balls to recognise the need for a change and to act decisively. They've been food this year and he seems to be a very good young manager who respects the club and its football believes. Life long Spurs fan too...
    Also a mention of Shelvey, one of tbe most underrated players in the league, would have him at Spurs any day.

Thats they've been good this year. Not they've been food this year.
    Good young manager that Garry Monk. Spurs fan too...

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  12. big fran Guest

Played a diamond which is a million miles away from a 442. Only once they had nothing to lose by the way and quickly reverted to a five across the middle once in front. But yeah agree great tactics and looking like the makings of a top gaffer. We actually have the personnel to play a diamond which is a very difficult formation having managed against teams that play that system

notnats likes this.
  13. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Sky sources: Lloris may leave French duty to sign for Manchester United.

14. burnt Guest

Squeaky bum time for us so for the next 20 hours ....

15. We cannot sell everyone!!!! Its about time we shut up shop to Man Utd!!!!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  16. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

We can't sell Hugo - that would be criminal.

Reckon we are in for a busy day tomorrow, I just hope that we're not short changed. I can see the morning focusing on the outgoings and then Levy making some movements early afternoon; plenty of time he says!

Out: Fazio, Lamela, Lennon and *Ade - *if we must :-(
    In: Wanyama, Berahino and Bolasie (not Moses or Perez!)...
    Fallbacks? Witsel or Sissoko, Austin, Redmond...

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

No need to worry we have a 'philosophy'

Mattj78 likes this.
  18. Mick

Mick Member

Less than 10 hrs to go till window shuts and here we are desperately trying to pull some rabbits out of the hat. It is pathetic and humiliating that a club of Spurs stature are in this position we have known for months what are requirements were and if we were unable to get Berahino and other top targets move on to someone else and not be scouring the world for any Tom , Dick or Harry. Even if Daniel Levy does m anage to get who we require/want at this the 25th hour I will take little satisfaction from it. Our preparation for this season has been a complete disaster. By trying to save money the club is going to end up being ripped off or a chronic shortage of players in key areas especially central stricker

Jonesy, Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  19. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Works for me...what if we don't get Wanyama

20. big fran Guest

Been strongly linked with witsel but I'd imagine a deal of that size with a club from that end of Europe be difficult to complete. Cheik tiote of Newcastle could be a deal from left field to look at.. Been out of the side of late and if your looking at using a double pivot which I personally would with the players I've chosen in the attacking four he will put tackles and mileage in. Probably pick up his fair share of yellows too. John Obi Mikel another alternative option if your looking at a deal that doesn't take a lot of paperwork and want to put a square peg in a square hole.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button