Spurs V Palace Match Preview

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 19, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Another Saturday. Another 3PM kick off?!! What is happening in football these days? I'm sure we'll be back to normal soon. You know, Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday.

It's the first home game of the season and well, to be honest it's pretty strange. A new stadium being built around us, a part of the Lane already gone. I just wonder what that will do to the atmosphere and with high winds predicted, there could be a couple of non on the pitch aspects affecting this game.
    We shall see, but in the meantime, let's look at the visit of Crystal Palace.

Palace have had a woeful 2016. Their poor form at the end of last season seems to have continued. I have watched their first game of the season and they were awful. They don't look like scoring goals and the defence is non existent. At the time of writing, I believe the Benteke deal to be done, a player once very close to being a Spur. That may add some firepower but the one man who will get looked at is Andros Townsend.
    He looked like the real deal at Spurs every now and again and scored for England looking like he could fill the boots of Bale. (Please note, they were not my words but on social media after bale left, some were really saying this!)

Townsend's issue was, and still is simple. Whether he be on the right side or the left he is just too obvious. He cuts inside, occasionally scores a wonder goal, but more often than not, runs into a defender , falls over and then does it all over again.

I hope I haven't just jinxed us, but I'm pretty sure I haven't. Walker and Rose shouldn't have too many problems keeping him quiet. He will be fired up, but so will Spurs.

At Everton, Spurs were slow to start, fell behind to a fluke but were much better in the second half and really should have taken all 3 points. Lamela scored and was superb, Wanyama grew into the game, Jansen looks strong and skilful and Rose is ready again to improve further.

I would be disappointed with anything other than 3 points at home. To any team.

Vorm will deputise for the injured Lloris and although he isn't brilliant, I do think he will be fine with a strong back four in front of him.

As for the whole team selection- I'm not sure to be honest. I want to see Jansen and Kane start. So I need to drop someone.
    In my last article I suggested dropping Eriksen which met with mixed responses understandably. However, to play Jansen, I can only see Dier or Eriksen making way.

I doubt the starting 11 , Lloris apart will be different. But , let's see.

3 points and a strong performance please.

As ever , Come on You Spurs!!!!

Jonesy and Deggsy56 like this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well lets hope we play from the off today and move the ball about with pace and width positively.
    Want to see Kane and Alli involved a lot more and Eriksen imposing himself on the game.
    3 points needed.

COYS

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

3 points an absolute must today.

For me, I would like to see Kane and Janssen start.

Anyhow, the sooner Mousa returns the better; he is missed in the middle of the park. Beast with skill!

COYS

Nomadico likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button