Spurs show they are the real deal- PLAYER RATINGS: Spurs 2-0 Man City

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, October 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Anyone else totally bemused by what an embarrassment the England team are?

Its always good when Spurs players perform to a level that gets them a call up, but this current England side is Abysmal and i worry about our players performance being hindered by this totally lost cause by either injury/burn out or just association.

Tactically and Technically we look totally devoid of all ideas and as a spectical watching England play makes AvBs brand of football seem like a rollercoaster of entertainment.

2. burnt Guest

It's one of these unexplainable things in sport ... It doesn't seem to matter who the manager or players are or how many times they've been changed , it's the same mindless **** that's served up .... Some say the players just aren't good enough but they're deff better then what's been served by the last couple of generations ... There's no doubt though yee have an awful habit of overrating young players way too early over there , look at two of ours for example Ali and Dier , there just starting their careers , making names for themselves and one clown on TV is calling for Dier to be captain of England while most expect Ali to just seamlessly take over from Rooney .. Neither have proved anything in the game yet bar having potential to be proper players some day .... Ali has an awful lot to learn yet , I'm not even sure where his best position is or will be , and Dier who was excellent as well for us last year is limited enough ability wise I.m.o , so expecting him to come in and make a big difference , well I think your going to be disappointed , he,ll do a good job as a defense minded midfielder but he ain't gonna make too much happen going the other way , look in all likelihood he's a central Defender playing midfield .... Pairing him or the likes of him with a Wynamma for us or Henderson for England is going to leave you with a very limited central midfield partnership and you can't expect anyone to do things they're not capable of ... But that's just one thing and doesn't explain Englands woes down through the years , they might not be as good as a lot of people seem to think but for me anyway they're far better then what they produce .....

Felon82 likes this.
  3. burnt Guest

Saying that , as Spurs fans we should be fairly used to that kind of situation ... For years we had that same feeling no matter what we changed , for years we changed managers , coaches , players , even the owners eventually but nothing seemed to change on the pitch .... Not sure what it is , but it comes across like , when the rot sets in then it seems nearly impossible to get rid of it , is it a mentality thing , a cultural thing , you'd imagine changing all the personal more then once must change something but it didn't seem to , I for one can't get my head around it .....

Felon82 likes this.
  4. guesty Guest

I've always said...in relation to the England team....is that we suffer because of the number of non-English players in the EPL. Now I'm not saying that we should cut the amount (far from it)....I'm all for my Spurs team winning with the best available players from wherever they need to come from. ....see the previous note on here from someone about a certain Argentinian. ...who would want to have missed out on that!! (and Ricky Villa as well for that matter!)
    But....for England it makes a difference. Take a look at any EPL match and now many of the players who regularly make a difference are English. How many of the players scoring goals regularly are English.

....for me...in the top teams.....maybe bar Liverpool and ourselves....which teams first name on the team sheet is an Englishman??

As a side to that.......why do we try and play continental (if that's what it is) football?? this is England (not to coin a movie phrase)....so why don't we play to our strengths. playing a 433 diamond formation or 4231 with full backs pushing on and trying to pass our way to the goal just doesn't seem to work for us. At times I think Alli is looking for an Erikssen.....or Cahill is looking for a Hazard......or Lingard is looking for a Pogba......or....

I'd rather see 433 with 3 holding midfielders playing up to 3 out and out goal scorers.....or the best we have.
    International football is about enjoyment so let's not pass it about the place...let's go from our goal keeper to our front 3 as quickly as possible. yes...by-pass our midfield. who cares?? ...let's get the front 3 the ball asap.....and if its turned over we have 3 in midfield to win it back.
    We play Spain soon.......lets have Carroll, Crouch and Heskey up front and hoof it up to them! let's see how the Spanish defence like that! (....okay maybe not those 3.....but lets find those kind of players and annoy the heck out of the oppo defence)

I had thought Big Sam might be the one.....sadly not!

I certainly don't see Southgate being the one.....but will he be any worse.....no! ...will his calm demeanour make him a new Sir Alf....everyone hopes. ...well we have for the last 50 years

Nomadico likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button