Signed, sealed and delivered!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, May 12, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Phew! That photo of Poch with Ferguson had a few nerves jangling but now we can sit back and relax. Pochettino has a new contract with Tottenham keeping him at the club until 2021.
    This is superb news and his use of youth and experience will no doubt continue into a glorious future for the club.

Pochettino said: " we have assembled a great group of players with great potential."

If anyone thought that this season had just been a flash in the pan, that is certainly not in the mind of Pochettino as he looks to have Spurs challenging at the very top for years to come. He said:

"This club has all the ingredients to continue to challenge at the very top in the Premier League and in Europe."

I would imagine the one thing that the manager knows is that we need to improve our strength in depth, something that has cost us in the final run in. But this young squad will learn from having the experiences of this season and I am in no doubt right now, that we have the right man to lead us forward into next season, the new stadium and hopefully to the glory , glory nights that this club and it's fans so deserve.

Poch has built an affinity with players and the fans alike and he said on signing his new deal: " I could not be happier to sign this new contract."

Let's now do the job on Sunday and finish above the Woolwich Wanderers.

With happiness and pride, as ever, Come in You Spurs!!!!

Nomadico and bruski like this.
  2. bruski

bruski Active Member

Great news!! Pleeeeeese DL don't rest on this season's success. I know the new stadium will be expensive (blah blah blah) but sell a few and bring in a couple. Invest invest invest.
    We are now CL with a top coach and players and the right talent will be attracted.
    COYS!!

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well Poch has got a lot to improve on next season.

Last years defensive embarrassment led to us having a final GD of + 5.
    We currently have a GD of + 38 yet we are only 6 points better off than last year and still 2 off what AvB achieved.

Think about it a 33 goal swing for the equivalent of 6 points.

There have been improvements made but weve fell at every major hurdle thus far and have not made the significant strides forward that all are acting like.

We need better more influential players in areas, differing tactics, a strategic think about our priorities in the coming season and most of all must stay in the CL following season at least.

Bazza47 and Dace like this.
  4. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Is there any thing that Spurs do that makes you happy ???????

Deggsy56 likes this.
  5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

We qualified for the CL which is a plus, but external factors played a huge part.
    Does being the perenial nearly men make you happy?
    The baron Trophy haul continues.....

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Not since the double season have we had a team finishing so high,plus a manager who care's for the club,and a team who play's for him,these things make me happy,as for the trophy haul it will come,we played some great stuff this season, granted we have let our selves down in the last few games but this team learns,proof GD+5 last season now plus 38,we wanted top 4 and CL we are now second and have CL,in my book this is progress...COYS..

Mattj78 and Deggsy56 like this.
  7. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Lads....it's going to be difficult enough on Sunday without stressing ourselves any more about this season.

We are a gnats **** away from the best league position since the year after the double. I know we're not there yet, but if the team deliver on Sunday they will rank up there with our best.

We all know the misses, the shortcomings, the lack of game changers, but you know what I for one will forget the negatives and hail a truly great Tottenham team performance - at all levels.

Come on lads. COYS

Mattj78 and Nomadico like this.
  8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well if you read my comment i said
    'Poch has got a lot to improve next season- there have been improvements made but weve fell at every major hurdle'

At no point have i slated him ive just pointed out that big plaudits are being heaped upon him but other than GD its just a decent season for us where the others collapsed. And if we dont improve then prepare for the others to be back.

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Bazza is right Felon let this season go,we have what we set out to do so let us ALL move on to Sunday and next season..COYS..

Felon82 likes this.
  10. GH10 Guest

Felon, Spurs could do the quadruple and you'd end up moaning about the kit we played in...

Mattj78 likes this.
  11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Doubt it mate

On both counts!

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. petespurs New Member

There is no doubt this has been an excellent season. Excellent, but not first class. A significant achievement which clearly signposts where we need to go to push on. What a lift it would give all concerned to nail Newcastle on Sunday (which is well within this team's capacity) and really give the Plumsteads something to be worrying about.

Tottering Hotstuff

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  13. bigfran

bigfran Member

Can honestly say was never in doubt for me and I for cannot wait for next season..
    Hope for a good clear out chadli bentaleb Carroll mason fazio and to bring in more strength in depth in particular centre mid.

Mattj78 likes this.
  14. STEVENFROMITALY Member

Bene Done! in Poch and the rest of the staff we trust!!! ...THE MILESTONE OF OUR FUTURE GLORY!!!!!!

15. STEVENFROMITALY Member

Toon - Spurs 5-1: it' is a shame! Are we sure that Poch is good enough? Today the lads were a fully disgrace...Gunners are above... I am totally devasted!

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  16. burnt Guest

F**k sake .... Only f**King us could turn our most promising season for years into an embarrassment for the fans ... I feel sorry for all our fans that will have to listen to some amount of S**t at work for the next few months .... Total meltdown ......

Jonesy and Felon82 like this.
  17. AngryDan Guest

I have been a spurs fan for over 30 years and I can't remember being so annoyed at a result. Wtf was that ?!! 90's retro performance... We're Vega and nethercott playing? The strange thing is most of our fans deep down new this kind of result was possible... Pochetino has not eliminated the losing mentality, self destruction and ability to capitulate that is ingrained in the club. I don't know what to suggest.. Even if we signed messi we would find a way to capitulate;!!!

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Nothing short of pathetic. Take a long hard look at urself boyz.

U have let the fans and the club down the last 2 to 3 weeks. Dress the season up as u want, yes we have CL qualification (which we all would have taken at the start of the season) but to implode like we have just isn't on. 2 points from the last available 12. Bitterly disappointing.

IMO no team deserves second when they lose 6 points to a relegated team.

As ever the SPURSY traits are still within our DNA.

Please learn from this.

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Mick

Mick Member

Today's result shows how vital new quality signings are needed. We have been fortunate all season with injuries and suspensions. The loss of Alli and Dembele has shown that the back up is not good enough and now if anyone at the club thought we did not need serious reinforcements perhaps the last 4 results may in the long term turn out to be no bad thing but at this moment desperately disappointed with todays result especially. However would have taken 3rd place at start of season and very happy progress team has made

20. STEVENFROMITALY Member

I agree with you Mick. Like i wrote last week in my opinion a Spurs line up without Dembele and Alli worth a 40% less; i hope from this disgrace match that Levy gives enough money to Poch...in order to avoid bad disgraces next season ( specially in Champions League campaign). Last august my prediction was sixth place with 66 points: we finished third with 70 points. It' is an improvement. I am devasted for today but...As ever Coys

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button