Sherwood's TOP 5 OUTRAGEOUS comments as Spurs boss

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, May 9, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    The 9th of May has given way to some pretty monumental events in human history. In 1958, Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo, considered by many to be the best film of all time, premiered in San Francisco. Whilst in 1974, the US government began its investigation of “The Watergate Scandal” and President Richard Nixon.

Now, the 9th of May has marked another huge occasion in World news. This event is that of Tim Sherwood’s last ever pre-match press-conference as Spurs boss!

With the footballing world in agreement that Tim’s contract is to be terminated with the conclusion of 2013/14 PL season, today Sherwood took to his microphone for the last time to represent Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Straight from the Owl’s Beak

As we are all well aware, our current Gaffer Sherwood has had a certain way with words since his arrival, and when I say way, I really mean difficulty.

From the “harping Harry” to the “articulate Andre”, we seemed to go full circle when appointing “DimTim” to speak on behalf of our beloved football club.

In 2014, where a PL manager is responsible for representing his football club on a wider scale, Sherwood’s press-conferences were even more cringe-worthy than Katie Hopkins interview on This Morning a few months back.

So in recognition of this mammoth occasion, almost celebration, we thought we’d bring you Sherwood’s top 5 statements whilst being Spurs boss.

Twit-Twoo

So in no particular order, here they are…

1) "I don't think we were overrun in the middle. I think they did all right." [4th January 2014, after the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal in the FA Cup]

With Arsenal sitting top of the PL table and in scintillating form at the Emirates, Sherwood decided to play a flat 4-4-2 when we met them away in the FA Cup. After being quizzed on Arsenal’s midfield 5, who had ran the show that evening, Sherwood’s reply was “we weren’t overrun”. Yeah nice one Tim, lol!

2)I don’t believe in formations” [After getting the job and being questioned about what system he would play]

Okay Tim, let me get this straight…You’re a football manager and you don’t believe in formations? So do you just instruct your players to just go out and chase the ball?! It’s like Barack Obama coming out and saying that he doesn’t believe in an American democracy. 101 of football management Tim – at least act like you know what you’re doing!

3)"When you have a supply teacher comes into a school, sometimes they're not treated with the respect of a head teacher." [9th of May 2014, talking of the lack of respect shown to him]

If one thing in life is for sure Tim, it’s that respect is not handed over, it has to be earned! After alienating key players, criticising the club, making digs at the former manager, as well as acting like the world owes you a favour because you’re a young English manager – why should you be head teacher?! Plus, we did always say that he looked like a PE teacher in that gilet of his, so if the shoe fits…

4) "The record's good – it is better than any Premier League manager in the history of this club. There has been no one at this club who has done a better job at the Premier League. My record stands for itself." [April 26th, when asked whether he deserves the job]

Oh Tim, that old game of using statistics to back up your point. Well here’s a statistic for you mate, 27 games you’ve had in charge; Average Scored Per Game: 1.62; Average Conceded Per Game: 1.44; Win: 48% Loss: 37%. The worst in 10 years! Oh and we lost 4-0 to Liverpool and Chelsea, as well as 5-1 to Man City. In fairness you do have a point- that is some record!

5)Look, I’m confident in the players we’ve got and I don’t need any help to strengthen.” [January Transfer Window 2014]
    versus
    It is like fixing a washing machine with someone else’s tool bag. Sometimes you might not have the right bit in there.” [April 2014, bemoaning not having the right players]

Wait, I’m confused…One moment you’re happy with the squad, the next your washing machine is broke? Oh I see, Spurs are the washing machine! Well, you know what they say – a good workman never blames his tools. Fitting isn’t it!

Sherwood’s future – we don’t give a hoot!

Of course, that is only a handful of some of Sherwood’s infamous lines to members of the British Press. Isn’t it strange to think that many of these ludicrous comments have yet to have been put under close scrutiny by our paper’s back pages, although when Villas-Boas was in charge, he was football’s Anti-Christ!

Love him or hate him – Sherwood hasn’t made his tenure at Spurs easy to endure. And as he walks out of the Lilywhite sunlight and into the sunset, may I suggest we give him a copy of Football Manager 2014 – as it can be agreed, that practice does indeed make perfect!

Deggsy56 and Bobo like this.
  2. Mike Guest

You forgot the one where he says after the Chelsea game that "we were out desired" !?!?!?!?!?!

3. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    There was so many, I could have written a novel!

Another personal favourite of mine, was when he'd claimed that he'd watched Eriksen at Wembley years back, only for an interview to be pulled up in the Express in which Eriksen had said he'd never played at Wembley.

Bobo likes this.
  4. MikeyD Guest

Let's not forget the famous "apart from Lloris and Adebayor the rest are much of a muchness".

I won't be there to wave Dim Tim goodbye as I've given my ticket away-as for the last 3 home games. Can't stand the arrogance of the guy. At least with Mourinho he's been there and done it. This guy acts like he has too!

Josh Bolton likes this.
  5. Halabil Guest

Can't wait for the door to hit Timmeeh on his way out. I hope he finds a job managing a League One team where he deserves to ply his trade with his one liners about effort and heart and desire and work rate. All the best to you mate! Ta Ta.

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

You could write a book on Tims deluded quotes, theres so much more, every time he opens his mouth something ridiculous comes out. it might be less cringe worthy if his comments weren't doing so much damage to the club and the players who now want to leave as a result.

7. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Let's just remember that he might have his contract terminated but he may take over from Baldini and start a search for the new Bentaleb

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button