Progression? Let's see...

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, November 23, 2016.

Share This Page

1. guesty Guest

.........as far as I am concerned....the sooner the better.
    CL first home game ended our (team) belief. Since that loss we haven't really looked on the money (in the CL)
    I think Pochy and team would much prefer to play CL games at the Lane. ....you simply cannot compare any previous CL runs with that of this season. Would Arry's team have done as well if they played at Wembley??? ...who kows.
    what we do know...if that every opposition team loves it!

As for the team....yes we've been poor in the CL.....and in some PL games......but in the PL we haven't lost.
    Talk of going to Chelsea and if we lose the knives will be out for Pochy are surely madness?? ...this is Chelsea at their place! ...when did that become an easy win!?!?
    The concern is that Chelsea will bully us and we'll buckle. ....Wanyama staying on the pitch will be key. (as a side...I'm still unconvinced about what he actually brings...except brute force. I prefer Dier in there with Dembele.)
    will Pochy play 3 at the back to match Chelsea?? ...if not we could be overrun in midfield.....OR...lets hope we took something from the way we were attacked wide in Monaco. Keeping the ball wide is always useful against a team like Chelsea. attack their FB's.

COYS

Mattj78 and Bazza47 like this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Hearing today that if we qualify for the EL we will continue to use Wembley, i think Spurs fans should boycott the games to treat the club with same respect as theyve treated Europe this season.

Nothing would send a message better to Levy and Enic (to a lesser extent Poch) than a 90k seater stadium empty

3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

I just cannot agree Johnny with your view. Better coach/manager....absolutely not. Redknapp may have lost focus, but those CL performances set him above anything Poch has achieved, which is nothing thus far.

Apart from trophies, which our coaches do not deliver, it's the way we play. The current shite and the tactical offering is second rate.

4. burnt Well-Known Member

I get what your saying Felon , personally I can't stand the feckin place and I've been saying this since the new Wembley opened its doors .... I dreaded the idea of playing our Champs Lg games there , we should have been at home , our last chance to play Champs Lg games at our proper home .... In fact with it being our final season at the Lane , maybe some sort of gesture towards the fans who have stood by the club through thick and thin , like ticket prices from the time we were the first English Club to win a European trophy .... Lol , some chance .... At this stage they're probably doing the right thing , we need to get used to playing there for next season , we need to get the idea that it doesn't suit us out of the players heads , their starting to look like they don't need much of an excuse to bottle it .. Then again if the sh1t performances and results continue there , we could end up starting next season with a right mental block towards the feckin place ..... As I've said a million times over the last few seasons , things ain't going to get any easier until all this upheaval is over ... The immediate future is going to be a difficult period for the fans I.m.o ....

5. johnnyhrvat Guest

I loved Harry and the football was certainly a lot more exciting than now, but remember we were 3-0 down in the CL qualifier, 4-0 down to Inter and lost 4-0 to Real in that campaign. We were also eliminated from the group phase of the Europa League under Harry. Our form was like a roller coaster depending on how much we managed to get Modrić and Bale involved. Harry's 'Plan A' was to try and score more goals than the opposition and 'Plan B' was to try and concede less than our opponents.

Nomadico likes this.
  6. guesty Guest

and remember that Arry had no coaching skills. he was a man manager.
    telling players to 'go out and enjoy yourself ' only wins a certain amount of games...and usually against lesser ability teams.
    We played well in his CL games because we had a shape and people knew what they were doing.
    In our current team I'm not sure that is always the case.

BUT having said that we show at times that we are a decent team. BUT we need our best players available. our back up looks a little light in the midfield and forward areas. (in terms of ability and also understanding of the positions)

7. I am gonna have to disagree with a lot of what is being said.

Yes the CL performance was not good but the changes made were pretty much what everyone had been crying out for-with the exception of Verts and I heard he had an injury doubt!

Everyone said

get Trippier in hes better at crossing, Kyle's a liability-check!

Ericcson is rubbish-drop him-check!

Harry Winks is the new saviour- put him in-check!

Where's Wimmer, he is a centre back, put him in- check (although it should have been instead of Dier if Verts was fully fit)

Son was the game changer against WHU- put him on-check!

For me the big issues are Toby out and Lamela out-put those two back and move Dier in front of the back four and you get the stability at the back giving the midfield more confidence plus Lamela scares the **** out of everyone as he is always 2 seconds away from breaking their ankles, so they panic and give it back to us!

Just wait for them to be back and watch it all click smoothly into place.

In Dad we trust, sorry I mean In Daniel Levy we trust !

8. Genevaspurs Guest

Trippier to start vs Monaco is not the main problem. The main problem is that There was just one player in our defense who is a regular "Rose" ! Just one ! Against one of the better attack in Europe since the beginning of the season... It was suicidal from Poch. And Poch made 3 changes without to replace a very very poor Tripier it was probable the second big error from Poch on this night. Even if Kyle was tired he would be a good addition (a far better) to go forward to surprise Monaco... Something that Tripier can't do ! Their 2 goals came from our right side if someone didn't saw the match.... I hope Poch saw it !
    COYS

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button