Poch's window of opportunity

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, June 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Fatspurs Guest

Walker...................wimmer.................fazio....................Davies
    .................................mason................bent.........................
    Townsend..............................cabaye...................Pritchard
    ..........................................enzo perez.......................

2. Gary Larkin New Member

Why is anyone even talking about Benteke,Schneiderlin etc.....Levy has already said our transfer limit is going to be in the £10 - 15 million range at most. Why waste your breath and typing fingers on dreaming ?

3. Jonesy Guest

Nzonzi, definitely not - such an addition would be another mediocre squad player. Cabaye, good creative player; but hardly a direct comparison to a 'physical' defensive midfielder that will screen our back four.

Yes, Levy has indicated transfers IRO of £15m, but don't be surprised to see one or two that come in above this - he is hardly goin to inform the market of his true strategy and weaken any future negotiations. It is about buying the right players, within the whole budget - so if that means paying over the '£15m target' and acquiring fewer, then so be it. We certainly don't want another 7 or 8 coming in at £10-£15m...

We simply need to reduce the headcount of average/non-performing players, invest sensibly with less and where appropriate, more expensive additions (i.e. with PL experience) and balance this by developing the Academy players.

Benteke might be realistic; Pool have dropped out (for the moment) and if he puts in a transfer request it will force the situation - much to Levy's advantage. 'If' it happens, it will involve some of our players going the other way (e.g. Townsend, Ade etc.).

Have faith!

4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

We absolutely need to tighten up the defence. Tottenham and leaky defences are pretty normal to be fair.
    I'm a bit sad that Yedlin is being loaned out as I wanted to see him given a real chance next season but it appears that isn't happening. Tripper looks okay but I feel he is a right back in the mould of Ben Davies at left back but we shall see.
    I can't say I am really bothered about Pamela staying. He just isn't cut out for the premier league.
    We need width and pace and please let's see 4 4 2 Not just one up front on their own.
    I want to see Pritchard in behind the front two. He is a pocket rocket and will be hard to handle I genuinely think he could be our secret weapon.

5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Another transfer window and we just cant help ourselves and get all excited at the possibilities and the prospects of new signings but lets not forget Levy's club motto of sell before we buy. Recent signings, Trippier, Wimmer, Deli will be typical of the new policy of buying young potential. I don't see us seriously looking at the likes of Schneiderlin or Benteke. As usual we have the deadwood dilemma and the chairmans insane valuations of players that don't even make the bench.

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Theres absolutely no point in buying samey like for like players that barely improve or worsen the team.
    Again were buying back up/squadie caliber players as if were delivering season after season and just need tweaking. Which just signals what a complete waste of time Enic and their 'plan' is.
    4 big/quality players are better than half a dozen so so nobodies. There is no ambition in this club at all if thats the type of signings were gona be forced to endure from now on.
    Blew our load on an expensive poorly thought out bunch of dross and are now shopping in the pick n mix section. This has never been a recipe for success.

7. Sport Guest

I may deleted for this but always liked Capone when he played CM. New comers to the PL, have a gander he's good. Sport said so.

8. big fran Guest

Capoue or cabaye

9. Sport Guest

Sorry Capoue hes a very decent player imo.

I've watched every mimute of every game live or on line in the last 3 year. I Iike Capune. Very decent player imo.

10. Sport Guest

For me the team definitely requires another quality striker if certain players are going to be sold, Charlie Austin has a decent hit rate and would be a welcome signing.

Felon82 likes this.
  11. gregspurs Guest

I would like Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches, Dembele and possible Townsend or Lemala sold. Purchases several form this lot, Benteke, Schneiderlin, Hernandez maybe Mirallas. Lets not leave it to the last days of the window though!

12. mikef Guest

Our midfield are fairly standard i think. I mean the likes of Mason, Benatlab, Lemala and Eriksen. I would ship a couple of them out at least to the bench adding Schneiderlin, Salah and Cabaye. I don't think the current lot are consistent performers in particular Eriksen.

13. NicktheSpur Guest

There's few positives from having a director of football in terms of transfer policy as most of the players brought in recent times have not been great. Soldado, Lemela, Stambouli, Chriches, Davies ect. We should let the manager buy the players with a team of scouts that he wants. The worst bit of business will be losing the likes of Lloris, Kane, Vertonghen or even Chadli. Levy your our Chairman but your not disposable.

14. GrahameSpurs Guest

Re the signings most of them would struggle to get into a Championship side, Soldado, Lemela, Paulinho ect over 80 mil of utter shite. Nothing is going to change until Levy moves on. What if Kane had a ok season where the fcuk would be then? The problem is the prick Chairman.

15. jkg Guest

Recently the team have performed well under Levy and Co. A fifth finish a cup final and a new stadium. Furthermore, if we do keep our better players and sell the dross then excellent. True there are a fair few flop signings but Levy's not to blame for that.

16. Truth Guest

Levy has been responsible for at least 5 of the worst players in the history of this football club 90 mil down the drain. Any other business would sack this muppet we are witnessing a joke Chairman wake up people get rid of this mug. Come on ENIC do what is right.

THFC FOR LIFE REAL DEAL OR NO DEAL ...

17. NicktheSpur Guest

Soldado 27 mil
    Lemela 21 mil
    Paulinio 17 mil

LETS DO THAT AGAIN.

f the rest thats nearly 100 mil of total shite.

Fcuk it lets give the man Levy 40 k a week for his players had har har. Tottenham are happy.

We come one.

18. Saints Guest

Guys your way out of line Levy's put us in the Europa, Cup Final new Stadium ect, get off his back.

19. Jesa Guest

What people should be aware of is the fact that if Kane got injured last season we would have got nowhere. The transfer policy has been ****. The terrible players we have brought is something we should not forget. When we brought Serhiy Redbrov he struggled but did alright that was viewed as a proper problem with the management then. As for now, the lot that we've got at the club (true some have been sold) are nice guys but are not decent players. The fact that Levy has not been held to account for this massive transfer policy failure is wrong. What Enic should have done is let us breath again and sacked Levy.

20. Modric Guest

We should become more positive, wonderful new stadium a solid framework of a team and a very decent season with a strong finish. I'm pleased with the progress under Levy. We are on the up and i hopeful in fact confident of the new season, get us that striker and we should finish in the top four.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button