Pochettino and Sherwood both set for exits

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, May 13, 2014.

Share This Page

1. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Ramos - tony pullis is tried and tested at EPL level, so's Mark hughes, Michael Laudrup, Steve Bruce has taken Hull to the FA cup final. what makes Poch a stronger candidate to them ?

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I know I am not Levy's biggest fan, but it is interesting that on three radio stations yesterday, the majority of callers were against levy and the media this morning also questions Levy's mismanagement. I am glad I am not alone! Here is Oliver Holt's comment in today's Mirror.

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy mismanaged Spurs’ season and yesterday he made Tim Sherwood pay the price.

I wonder if anyone has had the courage to ask Levy, “Have you ever thought it might be you?” Sherwood strikes me as the type who might. I hope he thrives in his next job.

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Just one to add to peoples thoughts regarding the new manager. I know he was assistant under Ramos but considering the miracle he worked at Sunderland, what are peoples thoughts on Gus Poyet?

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

For all the good he has done, he is now the biggest problem at Spurs. There is absolutely no clear working structure at the club and that comes from the top down.
    Ticket prices are higher than ever yet were selling our best players continually and paying big wages to players on the bench or worse on loan.
    We are well in the top 20 richest clubs in europe but were spoon fed this little club mentality which is often blamed on the stadium which since being anounced theres been 2 World Cups 2 European cups an olympic bid win built held and para olympics and all we have is a Sainsburys.
    A training ground is a good thing but is bentaleb the best we can produce? With People like Tim Sherwood having been the 'technical' director?.
    Are we just buying young players for re sale value or for the team?
    Why when the whole world can see we need a LB or a CB or a Striker the powers that be cant see it?
    The inability to choose a manager thats right for the club all hinges on the caos Levy creates, without clear directives and support on those directives how can any manager succeed? We want top 4 but on a shoe string budget, were not a selling club but we sell all our best players, we only buy players with resale value, we have a strict wage structure then pay someone as average as siggurdson 70k a week or put holtby on loan, every january its obvious were weak in 1 or 2 positions we do nothing, we loan all our academy players out to learn their trade in league 1 then wonder why they never intergrate in our first team, we never seem to give anything a real go just a half hearted effort at all of it.
    Im sorry but for me he peaked when we qualified for CL since then he has taken us steadily backwards through too many mistakes, his ignorance to reality is an insult to us all, the silent dictator is what is holding us back he needs to go!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button