Poch furious with sloppy Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, January 13, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Progress would be anywhere from 4th up at the end of the season or a trophy.
    This is genuine progress, whats Goal Difference if you finish 6th/7th?
    Its possible to go a whole season unbeaten and get relegated.
    Wins are what matter, not possesion, not age, not yardage.....

Tottenhamlover and Jonesy like this.
  2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Poch is an annoying SOAB at times isn't he. Frustrating or what...

4th would be great wouldn't it Felon....

Nomadico, Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Definitely progress thus far.

But we should note our current position, top 4 has to be achieved. It is in our hands. In my view, Poch et al couldn't put a positive spin on our season if we finish 5th come May.

Clean sheet and 3 points tomorrow lads. Pick me up from Wednesday's Weston!

Nomadico and Mattj78 like this.
  4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

We are currently going in the right direction and I believe we will continue to do so. My point is that things change quickly and what we must do s give ourselves the best chance of achieving success.
    What is happening currently is that Spurs are building on youth because of the amount of money tied up in the new stadium.
    That is why it is imperative that we are a champions league team by the time we start in the new stadium.
    As much as a 61 thousand seater stadium is needed, without champions league football, we could have a stadium that is not full.
    As I've said previously. The new stadium is to increase revenue. Without Champions league football, that just won't happen.

So we must, right now, take advantage of a league where even the mega bucks clubs are being beaten and never will a better chance to lay our foundations arise.

Nomadico likes this.
  5. burnt Guest

Matt , me being a paddy I,ve prob seen more of Shane long then most Spurs fans and while he could do a job for us he doesn't get enough goals , he deff has the work ethic that seems essential to Pochs ideas but a scoring ratio of roughly 1 in 4 isnt what a team who hasn't got enough goals in it already needs .. There would definitely be far worse options out there for sure and nobodys denying we need cover up top but I'd like to think Poch & Mitchell could come up with someone with a bit more end product ... I've said this a mill times already but we need more end product from the team as a whole and for me that's going to be as important as any signing that comes between now and Feb 1 ....

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. johnnyhrvat Guest

Correct. and I believe that Levy authorised the tactical loss on Wednesday to help Leicester deny MU, LFC & CFC Champions League places!

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. Bazza47

Really...is he that smart.....and does he not think about the faithful when making such decisions....lol...

8. Bazza47

Well lads (and lasses) here we go into another must win game...taking on the Black Cats pretty much at the same time as last season.
    Early goal is key, to bring them out. If he's fit then Moussa to start alongside Dier. Eriksen possibly benched in favour of Son.
    Care with JD on form, don't want him to be a hero today do we.
    COYS

Jonesy likes this.
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Mousa must start for sure; he bosses the midfield like no other. 3 points and like u say Bazza, one eye on JD.

Should never of sold him, but understand he wanted to play week in week out, with a long contract. Never goin to happen with Levy if ur hitting 30yrs+!

Personally, I really liked JD; good servant and is a proper goalscorer, even though he was partial to the offside trap now and then!

Nomadico and Bazza47 like this.
  10. Bazza47

Had fallen away for me in that last spell jonesy. That said he is as good a as Long or Austin, the budget strikers...

Jonesy likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Admittedly he did drop off but given our shortage, he could do a job! I'm just bias :)

As we all know, just the one striker is criminal and incredibly one dimensional.

I sincerely hope Levy will pull a rabbit out of the hat sooner rather than later...

Felon82 and Nomadico like this.
  12. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Look's like we just lost the chance of Austin'just signed for Saints 4 Mil !!!!!COYS

Felon82 likes this.
  13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Austin for 4mil a steal.

And all buisness is done in the last week??

Wake up Levy u Clown!

Bazza47 likes this.
  14. Nomadico Well-Known Member

There are a lot of word's to describe Levy,Clown should make people laugh,Levy make's me cry with all this penny pinching..

Bazza47, Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  15. Tottenhamlover

Tottenhamlover Member

Just heard the news that Austin was sold for 4 million.
    An absolute bargain. Its like paying £10 to go and watch a Football match.
    Good victory today 2 goals 4 Eriksen
    We have now beaten a team 4-1 or more in every month of the season
    In regards to signing players I think bringing a striker in on loan till the summer and then punting for Laccazete in the summer is better than overpaying now
    COYS

Bazza47 and Nomadico like this.
  16. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Eriksen must be reading this site,with all the abuse he has had lately he owed us a good game,will he keep it up I doubt it, he is a great young talent with much to learn,I would rotate him with Son,better still play him in his preferred position not out on the flanks,A small gap has opened behind us and are now within reach of the top..COYS..

Bazza47 likes this.
  17. Bazza47

We're not giving Son enough game time are we. If he shared with Eriksen it might give us a view on whether he's up to the task.

Felon82, Nomadico and Tottenhamlover like this.
  18. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Bazza,I have never understood why Poch has not used Son more,before the injury he scored for fun and made it look very easy,since then after he came back he has not been a run,I just worry that with no game time he will start to stagnate,what are your thoughts???COYS..

Felon82 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button