PLAYER RATINGS: Tottenham 1:1 Leicester

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, October 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mike W New Member

Guess we'll all be glad of a draw at Arsenal?

Sad to say that Arsenal are looking good atm and we're looking very average with mostly average players and average manager.

Mattj78 likes this.
  2. guesty Guest

Lamela was not even on the bench due to illness

burnt and Mattj78 like this.
  3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Daniel spent big this Summer -

On Sissoko :confused:

Thats it for spending for another 5 years.

Bazza47 and Mattj78 like this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

For me, form goes out the window with the NLD - and we play to win, each and every time. What's the point otherwise? Draw worst case scenario but we should be targeting 3 points.

We are drawing too many matches at the moment and must start converting these into wins. There is no better place to start than 'there'. So due a win in this fixture!

Mattj78 and Bazza47 like this.
  5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

This was Tottenham's 18th draw since the start of 2015-16, more than anyone else in the Premier League.

Its better to lose 11 and win 7 then draw 18 just think about that for a sec.

Too many Draws not enough conviction and im fed up with hearing we dominate everyone when the fact is we dont beat them.

burnt, Bazza47 and Jonesy like this.
  6. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Apparently he was unwell according to one report I read. You are right burnt there aren't many options. You look at the bench and worry. That said with no showing from Son 2nd half, I'd have given NKD a run on the right flank, to see if he could get in behind on his strong side.

burnt likes this.
  7. guest1 Guest

Sometimes watching tottenham draw such matches is more frustrating than watching tony pulis' side playing football

8. Bazza47

I've just watched a bit of MOTD......so added the MU game to the list, plus the highlights of our game including the post match analysis.
    Manure were a little unlucky...lol....but to be able to have 37 shots shows their quality in the build up. In some respects it was good to see Ibrahimovic struggling but he is a different class.
    As for our game all credit to Matt in spotting Walker being slow to react to the winger. That was the first goal we had conceded in open play in 10 PL games. Tells you where our problems lie. They also showed the front four getting under each other's feet. Oh so narrow.
    Another bloody draw was painful....3 on the bounce and all three could and should have been wins. Quite how we cure this lack of goals is a worry. I'm not sure HK will cure it, but I'd like to be proven wrong Harry boy.
    COYS

burnt and Mattj78 like this.
  9. guest1 Guest

The whole defense was at fault for the goal we conceded. When vardy got the ball there was absolutely nothing on. Dier didn't even make a decent attempt to put forward a block . Vertonghen was sleeping when the ball was played across the goal. He should have slid in then and there. But he didn't. Walker was caught unaware as musa smashed the ball in the net.

Niether we are clinical with ou chances nor do we create many.

Bazza47 likes this.
  10. 71yid

71yid Member

There seems to be a contentment among the squad at the moment and that is simply keep an unbeaten run going without actually finishing teams off and winning games to close the gap. The PL, surprisingly, is close again this season with nobody running away at the summit, however, if Kane returns on saturday versus the Woolwich then it might be too soon to expect anything especially if he's short of match fitness which inevitably he will be. Ironically, if we had kept hold of the likes of Lennon and Defoe in addition to what we have, we might have had game changers....i feel they were released too soon and still had plenty to offer. Im sure Janssen however, will score from open play soon...but!!!!! COYS

Bazza47 likes this.
  11. Stop the doom and gloom
    I am sure all of you, given the choice at the beginning of the season to be 3 points off top, only unbeaten team and doing that without Harry for a lot of those games would have definitely taken that.

Add to that , doing it whilst only hitting top form once and we are well placed.

Against Leicester, blaming the defence for the goal is a bit rich, It was down to an error by Victor, Dier then had a race with the fastest striker in the league.

Yes the attack isn't firing on all 4 cylinders but with a bit of luck we would have won that easily- Jansen really unlucky with the quick free kick

One point I do agree with is the corner kicks- they must be intentional as any half decent player can drop the ball into the penalty area but I can't see why they are trying it short if that's the case

It will click in the next few games and we will get a few big scores

I have to mention Jan, I don't like the guy normally but since Toby has gone, he has been immense- he was the most driven to score at the end as well

12. Bazza47

Verts.....agree been playing well...
    Corners.....we've been shite for yonks...if it's deliberate my name is Ho Cha Chi.....

Last edited: October 31, 2016
  13. burnt Well-Known Member

In fairness to NKD , he's looked far better in his few cameos with the first team then he did against Scousers .. He deff added something again yesterday when he came on ..

So Lamela was sick , well that answers that question , while I had no problem with him being dropped it didn't make any sense to be out of the squad with so few options on the bench ....

14. bruski

bruski Active Member

Sooo right Bazza47. What is about the short ball over the top that Mopo doesn't like? If nothing else IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!! I heard recently that Jansenn is in the top 15 of the quickest Prem players. STRETCH HIS LEGS!!!!. Look at that wonder goal he recently scored for Holland.....speed and strength and SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!!
    Two quick points: Eriksen (dropped) and make subs around 60/70 minutes NOT the last ten..WTF!!!
    Love you Mopo
    COYS

Bazza47 likes this.
  15. Bazza47

Let's all take a big breath and reflect...

- I like Janssen. We are going to be happy with him. When he turned Morgan and missed by a whisker, in that moment I knew he could find an opening, when others cannot. Be patient fellow yiddos.

- You train all week to get your chance, and MP puts you on for 10.....ffs.....shout at him, anything, are we besotted by him (don't think so), but he needs to give players like NKD a chance...

- Eriksen. Fine margins. I feel sorry for him. He is better than the returns he has been getting. Okay he can't take a corner, but apart from that he is so "near"....he will get there.

- MP ....on Wednesday just make sure they come out of the blocks like the Sheik City game.....please, please...

See you at Wembley.

COYS

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button