PLAYER RATINGS: Spurs 3-1 Fulham

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Luke Symonds, April 19, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Luke Symonds

Luke Symonds New Member

Today we hosted a Fulham team fighting to secure their place in the Premier League next season. We knew this would be a tough game as Fulham came into the tie winning their last two League games.

We took the lead in the 35th minute. A wonderful delivery from a Christian Eriksen free-kick resulted in Paulinho tapping in from point blank range. But, some poor defending from Tottenham gave Steve Sidwell a chance to level things up only a minute later. He did this in style, lofting the ball over Hugo.

We went in at the break knowing that we needed more creative play up in the final third to secure the 3 points.

Tottenham came out for the second half full of an attacking spirit. After only 3 minutes, a sublime cross from Aaron Lennon saw Harry Kane head in for his third League goal in 3 League starts. We then made it 3 in the 62nd minute. Another accurate but powerful delivery from Eriksen was put in by the Captain, Younes Kaboul.

Hugo Lloris capped off a wonderful performance by then saving a penalty from Steve Sidwell.

Player Ratings

Hugo Lloris – 8 – Hugo was simply outstanding today. Made an immaculate save from Rodallega's header and also kept out a penalty.

Kyle Naughton – 6 – Kyle had to defend against Dejagah today and was beaten easily at times. Overall, passing was accurate and he did attack down the wings well creating opportunities.

Zeki Fryers – 5– Zeki wasn't called into action too much today but was quite shaky in defence. Nearly gifted the opposition a goal but made up for it.

Younes Kaboul ( C ) - 7 – The captain was good today. Made some crucial tackles when we were being hit on the counter. Rounded off his performance with a goal.

Danny Rose – 6 – Danny didn't have a bad game to be fair and was fairly average. Tackled well and attacked well.

Paulinho – 7 – The Brazilian was good in midfield and never really gave the ball away. Grabbed his first goal at WHL today as-well.

Nacer Chadli – 6 – Nacer was average today. His new role seems to be working for him and he does get the wingers involved with his passing.

Aaron Lennon – 7 – Aaron provided another assist today, his great cross allowed Harry Kane to head in. Aaron needs to use his speed to his advantage as it is one of his great assets.

Christian Eriksen – 8 – Christian was excellent yet again today and is becoming a fan favourite at the lane. He picked up two assists. Passing was excellent.

Emmanuel Adebayor – 5 – The Togo striker has been very quiet in the past 2 games. Keeps coming deep for the ball to persuade more attacks which usually means he is not in the right place to finish the attacks off.

Harry Kane – 7 – Harry scored again today. His work rate is very good and this is the reason why he is scoring as of late. He needs to keep up the good work as Soldado is now back and in contention.

Substitutes

Mousa Dembele – 5 – When Mousa came on, the game was dying down a little and he was there to help the team keep possession.

Andros Townsend – 5 – When Andros comes on, he always wants to make an impact and impress both the fans and Tim Sherwood. I think he tried a little too hard today and did lose possession a few times.

Roberto Soldado – 5 – Roberto is now back from his injury and came on for the last 15 minutes or so. Was given the chance to score with a free-kick which he blew. Good to have him back.

Tottenham are now back to winning ways and travel to Stoke next weekend which is always hard at the Britannia. We need to keep up the hard work which was shown today. A well-deserved three points.

2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

I thought Eriksen was excellent again but the first half performance was dull and boring. Better second half. This football club has fast become a laughing stock under levy and its time for a change.

3. stevethespur Active Member

I think sherwood put fryers in there to rattle tha other centre backsat the club into performing better, with chiriches watching, lets hope it works. Eriksen improving all the time and kane scoring means alot. Heard clive allen say soldado and lamela wouldnt be at spurs next season, a shame about soldado but kane prooving a point I think and our whole season would have been so different with more goals. Good win coys.

4. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is 6 for an average performance off the mark. Decidedly average - Rose, Fryers, Paulinho, Chadli, Lennon. Adeybayor worse.

You cannot win anything with 6 average or less performances in the side. Good to see Erik the Viking making the difference - still playing in the wrong position wide left ...why?

Many times I've commented about Paulinho on this website. Watch him. Every pass. Delivers nothing, ever. Slows the game down. Watch him again. If we keep him, then we deserve to fall short. If I was fit and 25 I could contribute more than Paulinho, and he gets a 7....wtf....

Soldado.... Did you see that free kick...words fail me. Whilst I don't pay all of his wages, I pay some - for crying out loud..!!

At the end of the day you got to be honest, that's my view. Honestly we've got problems...

Views ?

COYS

5. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

We beat a very poor fulham in a game that provided very few chances it says a lot that Lloris was our best player. both of eriksens crosses for goals were supurb for the scorers all they really needed was to be on the end of it. pleased again for harry fantastic to see him make the most of his opportunities altho I wonder if Soldado will get a look in.

6. 94now Guest

Adebayor seems to be off when other striker is there. He is one man show. Once either Soldado or Kane is on pitch with him he seems to go off and stops contribute. I wouldn't give him 5.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button