PLAYER RATINGS: Spurs 2:0 Hull

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Socrates, May 16, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Socrates

Socrates Member

Our final home game of the season ended in a comfortable victory over relegation battling Hull.

Nacer Chadli and Danny Rose scored to solidify our 6th place position and keep up the chase for a Europa League spot.

Here's how the players fared.

Lloris - 6 - A quiet game for the keeper and a clean sheet. Can't ask for too much more.

Dier - 7 - A good game; defensively sound for the most part and put in some dangerous balls into the box.

Vertonghen - 6 - A solid game with nothing to particularly write home about.

Fazio - 5 - Had some lapses in the first half which might have been punished had we been playing better opposition.

Rose - 7 - If not for Kane then Rose would be our player of the season. A goal today rounded off another solid performance. Not sure about the hair though.

Mason - 7 - A typically industrious performance from Mason and a fantastic assist for Rose's goal.

Bentaleb - 6 - Was neither overwhelming nor underwhelming.

Lamela - 7 - A good performance from Lamela today. Did well for Chadli's goal and ran his socks off.

Eriksen - 5 - It's not been a good few months for Eriksen and today was another game where he was largely anonymous.

Chadli - 7 - Chadli has certainly pulled his weight this season and today marked another good performance with a well taken goal. Chadli now has 11 goals & 5 assists in the PL this season.

Kane - 5 - Kane was also very much a forlorn figure today. A couple of half chances here and there but was nowhere to be seen otherwise.

SUBS

Dembele - 6 - Did better than Eriksen who he replaced. A decent display.

Stambouli - 6 - Was only on the pitch a little over 12 minutes but he put in a tidy display. Something tells me that might be the last time he steps foot at White Hart Lane in a white shirt.

Soldado N/A

A comfortable win to send the supporters home happy. With one more game to go our focus now turns to the summer.

Daniel Levy wrote in today's programme notes about the importance of supporting the manager and having a balance of youth and experience in the squad; it'll be interesting to see what team we line up with when we return to the Lane in a few months time.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well taken goal from the Chad think he may be a better option as a striker rather than other duties the man sure knows where the goal is.
    And a sublime chip from Mason to set up Danny Roses goal great finish.

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. HotchPoch Guest

• 3 points :D
    • Clean Sheet:eek:
    • Eric Dier Crosses :)
    • Roses Goal :cool:
    • Even the rarely spotted Stambouli was seen :rolleyes:
    Yes was a good professional performance but my god Hull were flipping terrible.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. mike Morris New Member

I'd like to see chadli alongside Kane in a 2 striker formation

Felon82 and Mattj78 like this.
  5. ultrapunch Guest

This is from another blog site:

"Nacer Chadli: Finished expertly to put the home side 1-0 up, but there was little else to shout about from the Belgian. (5/10)

Attack

Harry Kane: Despite a stuttering service from his teammates, Kane's movement kept the Hull defence permanently on their toes. (7/10)"

Were you watching the same match?

6. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Strikers score goals, mainly. I for one don't buy into this movement stuff - so long as you run your arse off, as we would expect from everyone, and you can find the net, you need to do little else. In my opinion

7. Jim Guest

Movement is the act of getting yourself into a goal scoring position. Most strikers will need this to be able to score and is essential to be able to receive the ball and score instead of the defender getting to it first. That is unless the pass or cross is poor. Simple stuff really. Good movement means the defenders don't track you and you can get into goal scoring positions more often and therefore score more goals unless you do it all yourself. Like Messi. Not sure what you don't "buy into". Odd thing to say!

8. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Good match, I have bittersweet feelings about it. Though it's nice playing in Europa, I don't think we need it. It takes off the focus on the Premier. I'd give Rose an 8 or higher, like mentioned above; he'd be our player of the season if not for the amazing season that Kane has had. Have to make sure we hold on to both and other key players in the off season!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button